blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Yeah, Tombots think AVA is amazing. So I can actually understand from that point of view how they arrive at the conclusion that Blink would be better with Tom and that Mark is stuck in the past.

They want Blink to be AVA part 2. So from that mindset. I can understand. To be fair, I do think Mark is a bit stuck in the past in some regards. Some of it is good, stale setlists, not so much. But again, their "future" for Blink is AVA part 2. Which no one has an interest in. I am not too worried about Mark's hangups because I think Matt will help move him forward. 

Obviously where they are crazy is their belief that Tom is blameless and Mark is at fault. But that just comes with the territory of being a tombot.

• Like 1

Ghost: I would expect that sort of delusion from people who's favorite band is Angels and Airwaves.

Yeah, I get your point. But when you're a mature person, you can see how the things are. I'm a huge beach boys fan, and I can admit Mike Love, althouhg being a very important part of the sound of that band, was (and still is) a total asshole. I enjoy their music, and the songs he sings, but he is an absolute idiot.

The point here is they keep on sucking Tom's balls. At least, until he gets the kick on AvA's arse, I guess.

• Like 2

People seem to talking like it's a given that Blink will record a new album with Skiba, it's not even close to being sure of happening. 

It isn't a sure thing. But it is their intention. Mark wants to continue Blink and Matt isn't in this for one show.

If it works, they will do it. I am sure of that. That being said, they could find out it doesn't work too.

LOL...wow.

I'm honestly surprised on how the thing are turning in AvA's bots realm. They are taking for sure blink wont be able to survive without Tom. And moreover, they kinda blame Mark and Travis for what happened. I mean... I understand that Tom could have been your favourite musician, an icon -he was for me back in the day-. But I can't understand how people just cover him up just putting positive arguments about all the train wreck he has been driving the last past 10 years. Like all the shit he has been throwing is perfectly ok. It's pretty obvious Mark and Travis told the truth to Rolling Stone for two reasons: the main one, they needed to explain to the fans what was going to happen; and the second one, they were sick of swallow. Proof is that Tom was barely able to write a void letter to explain NOTHING, but only making accusations against both of them wiothout proof.

It's very clear Tom just didn't want to commit with blink: the manager's mail saying "Tom.Is.Out", the taken compromise then broken... it's all written. And the most important: his acts speak. How can be people so blind?

Oh, the recurrent argument is "Mark is stuck in the past". Really, Tombots? Really?

The Tom haters are just as bad as the "Tombots". I love how they are glad that Tom is kicked out, yet they don't realise that this means that Blink is officially done. Blink is Tom Mark and Travis, not Mark Travis and some other guy from another band. Blink is done, and maybe when you stop obsessing over hating on one of them, you'll realise what this means.

• Like 2

The Tom haters are just as bad as the "Tombots". I love how they are glad that Tom is kicked out, yet they don't realise that this means that Blink is officially done. Blink is Tom Mark and Travis, not Mark Travis and some other guy from another band. Blink is done, and maybe when you stop obsessing over hating on one of them, you'll realise what this means.

Dude, why don't you get it?

Blink was fucking done anyway. In Tom's mind Blink has been done since 2012. Don't you get that Tom basically decided after the EP release that he was done recording with them? He said that.

You need to stop living in this world where Blink 182 exists as this functional band. It hasn't for many years.

I'd love a fully functional Blink 182 with Mark, Tom, and Travis as well. But face facts, that hasn't exsisted since 2004!!! So now its time to move on.

• Like 5

Speaking by myself, I'm not glad of the situation. I'm glad of the end of the blocking thing.

Right now, technically, we cannot say blink is over or blink is not over. They're gonna play a show, then, they have plans to record. If blink keeps going with some other member, blink will be blink in another era. There's a lot of bands with that same situation. Have a look, for example, to Fleetwood Mac or Metallica. In Metallica there's only two original members. You can think that a guitar player change is not that much, but in bands like Metallica (with a very important guitar work), yes, it is.

I mean... I get what you are saying, seriously, but my question is... was really blink what it was the past 10 years?

I think the "tom haters" realised that things weren't working as the were and are just hoping that this will mean new, decent music. I don't think anyone sees this as an ideal situation.

Also this in case you missed it, in regards to Atom. Even though the guy said that he asked Atom about "liking" it, and Atom said that he just liked the part about him picking up a guitar and playing music lol. He probably just doesn't want to make a big spectacle of it, as it's likely him & Tom agreed to disagree and be neutral with each other or whatever. That's my guess anyway.

post-419-0-83121400-1422539354_thumb.jpg

It isn't a sure thing. But it is their intention. Mark wants to continue Blink and Matt isn't in this for one show.

If it works, they will do it. I am sure of that. That being said, they could find out it doesn't work too.

LOL...wow.

Not really a surprise especially in the one interview Atom gave he said Tom changed when Blink go back together. Plus Atom likes touring and lets face it AVA doesn't tour. He wasn't gunna sit around for months while Tom is off playing a greatest hits set.

I'd love to get a tell all interview from Atom's view of Tom though.

Not really a surprise especially in the one interview Atom gave he said Tom changed when Blink go back together. Plus Atom likes touring and lets face it AVA doesn't tour. He wasn't gunna sit around for months while Tom is off playing a greatest hits set.

I'd love to get a tell all interview from Atom's view of Tom though.

True, there was also a falling out with Ryan Sinn. He wouldn't elaborate but  he sold gifts Tom gave him such as the Gibson guitar.