blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

I'm gutted they're no longer close tbh. I also loved their friendship, especially Mark and Tom. Who doesn't love a bromance, come on. How can you not find it sad that Mark and Tom don't even speak anymore, when they used to be brothers. Think it's fucking awful.

But we've all known they weren't friends anymore (except the most delusional morons) since the summer of 2009.

This is all just my opinion of course: I think IF Tom ever re-joins, it will be sooner than people think. Like within 2015. This band doesn't have enough years left in it to go off and make few albums/tours for 5 years with Matt Skiba, then have Tom rejoin and keep the ball rolling for another couple albums/tours. Mark is 42 (wow)! They have one last chance to kick back into gear, in my opinion, before becoming a "legacy band." This is Blink 182's last chance to make a dent in the music world again, and it'll either happen with Tom, with a replacement, or they'll just retire the name and move on.

There is next to 0% likelihood of this happening on even a modicum of the scale it did in the late 90s

• Like 1

I know this sounds odd but I wouldnt mind Ryan key joining them long term!

I'd be heartbroken because it would affect Yellowcard, but Ryan Key does have a great voice, and I think his voice would contrast a lot better with Mark's voice than Skiba's will. Mark and Matt's voices are fairly similar sounding.

Well to be fair I'm mostly basing my opinion off of the idea of someone new singing Tom's parts live. As far as writing new music goes, I'm fine with the idea of Skiba being a part of it. But Mark and Tom's voices were so different, so playing old songs with two singers with similar voices will be odd. Though I'm gonna wait until I actually hear them live together to make a real judgment. For all I know it will work amazingly.

Lol at that Drew guy thinking FOB are even comparable to blink. They are absolute shite. 

I love how the other guys were just like 'nope, nope' haha

I do think if they were around in the 90s they'd have similar album sales but in terms of influence, not even close.

Absolutepunks podcast is hard to hear over the sucking Jason Taints below average cock.

haha! He does come across as self-important at times and his staff do worship him a bit too much. But he's well connected so it's always interesting to hear from him. Mark asked him what the response was like on social media ffs.