blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Mark was just covering for Tom, like he did with everything else. 

There's no way Mark wanted Greatest Hits set lists. And they probably didn't play new songs because he wasn't that proud of most of the new songs and thought it would bum people out. WHICH IT DID. 

the two times i saw them with new material the crowd basically went to sleep during those songs. but would go crazy for old or lesser known songs.

• Like 2

?? Tom leaves the band, new set list comes for first show.

What more evidence do you need?

Remember Mark is the one who posted a huge list of songs when they were discussing the reunion tour set list and basically only singles made the cut. It's obviously Tom's fault.

He saw the band as a legacy act and didn't want to write new songs or learn to play old songs unless he absolutely had to.

But it doesn't really matter, because we're getting new fucking songs. Don't care about the rest anymore lol.

• Like 3

This place is full of "Markbots". Let's blame Tom for everything. Party! :mrgreen:

lol @ "Markbot".

No one is blindly supporting Mark. People are supporting Mark and Travis because they are fans of blink-182 and those are the two people who care about blink-182. There is clear evidence for that.

You, on the other hand, cannot see the clear evidence that Tom was derailing this band into insignificance. Did he used to be a musical genius? Yes, I think so. Has he completely lost his way, either through egotism or painkillers? Yes, and maybe that's what people defending Tom can't accept.

Anyways, Mark was always the one going around saying, "We don't want to be a legacy band". It seems very clear to me the setlists were just him covering for Tom's opposition to using time in his life to learn Blink songs that weren't burned into his memory already.

• Like 2

This board needs a travisbot!

We used to have one. His username was like slipknot_drummer or some shit. Corey Taylor was his avatar and he only posted about Travis.

EDIT: Joey Jordison or whatever his name is was the drummer, not Corey Taylor. 

• Like 1

Right... Maybe your band is going to play on Barker's festival (Musink). $$$$$$$$$ Greedy. Do you know what it means? $$$$$$ "Tom only thinks about the money" $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Musink? Travis Barker is one of the owners? What an hyprocrite.

And yeah, I'm leaving. I'm not interesting to be part of the "Fuck You Tom" team.

Bye

i just want to touch on this again real quick..... the festival isnt travis barkers...he isnt one of the owners... musink has been happening for years before travis was even involved. hes just a CURATOR aka he picks what bands are playing this year. 

It's funny cause i always thought he was the one behind the greatest hits borefest.

I never did, because I always recalled that setlist he had posted that Ghent mentioned in like 2009, that was really long, like 30 songs, included a "new song" despite Mark being the one to say that he didn't like when bands played songs the fans didn't yet know (again clearly in this context a cover up for Tom) as well as songs like Apple Shampoo, Dick Lips, and I think Pathetic, among others.  I always suspected after the real set came out, being significantly shorter and cutting out most of the non-singles, that it was because of Tom, seems more clear than ever that this is the case.  These guys have been covering for a lot of Tom's BS over the past few years it seems, and it only makes it all the greater that he's out so they can actually do fun new things.