blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Got an example of one of these baseless theories? 

Stuff like this, literally inventing scenarios that haven't happened and getting mad about them:

seriously, what's his intentions by posting these demos, he's trying to win over some dumb fans? does he really think that fans are that stupid, so after posting these demos we'll hate m&t, that's what he thinks? how you can possibly be that naive? every comments on instagram basically calling him full of shit but he still acts like nothing's happened and he's working on blink? retarded much? so that's his stupid plan? leave all behind blaming mark and travis and trying to convince fans that he still cares? watch him march 1, he'll drop songs and make a fb post about how he was betrayed. no live interviews, no more blink from him, hiding behind fb and instagram, it's gonna be full ava mode. fuck him.

But that's not a baseless theory. There is no doubt that Tom has lost a massive chunk of his fanbase now that he's out of Blink. It's pretty clear that in his mind, the best way to gain some people back to "his side" so to speak is to release music and say the songs are blink demos. They kicked him out because (he himself admits this too) he can't commit, so now he's saying "look! See! I was working on stuff!"

As for his social media activity, again it's clear what will happen. He has said he will tell his side of the story (again), which judging by his last "my side of the story" will be him acting the victim. Chance are it will happen around the same time these demos come out, because it's easier to get attention to these things if you do them together (Case in point:Tom promoting DED at the same time as an AvA EP). And then he will go back to posting about AvA all the time because 1)It's what he's always done. and 2)He won't have anything else to post about

The bases: 

Tom now has a smaller fanbase because of this mess.

Blink was his largest source of income.

He was kicked out because he "couldn't commit".

Toms said he will tell his side. 

Purely statistically, he will go back to promoting AvA and acting like blink drama never happened. (He didn't even really post about it while it was happening)

The theories:

He can show his "commitment" and in turn, gain back some fans by releasing blink demos. 

Tom will resume full blown promotion of Ava projects sometime after March 1st because it's what he's always done and all he has left. 

By all means, point out anything false with this. 

• Like 2

Tom will resume full blown promotion of Ava projects sometime after March 1st because it's what he's always done and all he has left.

As he should be doing, AVA has been his #1 priority since the original break up with Blink! To think that he would change that cus he reconciled with his old buddies and started playing Blink again is just stupid!

Blink has been his side project since the reunion, and there is nothing wrong with that imo. He really believes in Angels & Airwaves, why should he just end that?

I am really looking forward to the new songs he's about to release, then I really hope that he will take AVA out on a real tour like the old days!

• Like 1

I agree. Tom has written more good songs in the past decade than Mark has.

I don't agree, many of the best songs out of any of them over the past 10 years have come from Mark: Kaleidoscope, Fighting the Gravity, Heart's All Gone, Baby Come On, Chapter 13, No It Isn't, Dogs Eating Dogs, Lillian.  Aside from a few missteps like Mh12421421, Mark writes much more genuine music that feel like they come from his heart.  Tom has written far more over the last decade, no doubt about that, but so much of it is booooooring bland filler.  In general I'd take 1 song written by Mark as opposed to 5 songs written by Tom over the past decade.  That isn't to say that Tom hasn't had his moments of brilliance in AAA or blink post reunion, just that overall I prefer the quality of Mark songs to the quantity of Tom songs since 2005.

• Like 3

The +44 album is nearly perfect in my opinion. I love it start to finish. The +44 album is probably one of my favorite albums of the entire blink-related discography. Mark has written some great stuff in the past decade, there's no doubt about that. But I still think Tom has written more good songs than Mark has, if not only because in the same time span that Mark has put out two albums, Tom has put out six. Not every Tom song is good, but of the six albums there are definitely more Tom songs I like than the small amount of Mark releases. Mark's song quality is more consistently good. I'll give you that. He just releases WAY less music than Tom does.

• Like 3

I think that all those "bands" were like little things in order to keep him busy while Tom was waiting for the stars to align for blink -in other words: while he was waiting for running out of money-. Maybe, they were used too to try to hurry up Tom. Like: hey, I'm not going to wait. But they were pretty vague trials, if so.