blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Interesting. Back in 2014...
http://www.alterthepress.com/2014/06/atp-feature-tom-delonge-talks-to-stars.html

"This is the thing. I have ADD and I have this company that was a hobby that I built into a real thing," says Tom DeLonge when describing his recently launched company, To The Stars. "We do entertainment stuff, technology stuff and we build brands. I have the ability, which is probably a bad thing, to do a bunch of weird shit however I want. As long as I don't tank it, they are pretty supportive!"

I have ADD and it doesn't make me act anything like Tom.

Sorry, mate. I didn't want to mean that. No intention to offend here. Of course, having ADD does not make you an asshole.

I was trying to mean that, in some way or shape, he was just admitting he has problems. I don't believe it is ADD, in fact.

Sorry, mate. I didn't want to mean that. No intention to offend here. Of course, having ADD does not make you an asshole.

I was trying to mean that, in some way or shape, he was just admitting he has problems. I don't believe it is ADD, in fact.

he admits that he has a problem, and he's fine with it, he thinks it's the source of his so called creativity. adhd isn't the real problem anyway. being mentally instable and avoiding treatments is. he's been acting strange for long long years, but in early 2014 he started to show almost all symptoms of schizophrenia (or any similar mental illness). in public. i can't understand how he could be bearable in private.

http://blink-182online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42596-what-is-wrong-with-tom-delonge-mentally/#entry1140400

Eh him saying he has ADD is just him saying he likes to work a lot. It's become a figure of speech in our culture now.

it's more like an excuse for his dysfunction. "i robbed a bank (or: i lied to my fans; i mislead my bandmates), but no problem, i have adhd, so the real criminal isn't me, but that stupid condition."

he admits that he has a problem, and he's fine with it, he thinks it's the source of his so called creativity. adhd isn't the real problem anyway. being mentally instable and avoiding treatments is. he's been acting strange for long long years, but in early 2014 he started to show almost all symptoms of schizophrenia (or any similar mental illness). in public. i can't understand how he could be bearable in private.

it's more like an excuse for his dysfunction. "i robbed a bank (or: i lied to my fans; i mislead my bandmates), but no problem, i have adhd, so the real criminal isn't me, but that stupid condition."

He's definitely not schizophrenic, that's ridiculous. I mean I guess he could, anyone could be, but we have no evidence of it. If he had anything beyond ADD, i would imagine it'd be some form of bipolar disorder. The add stuff would obviously be symptoms of a manic or hypomanic state. I personally dont think Tom has an illness nor do we have enough evidence to be making those claims, but Id say if he did, it wouldn't be worse than bipolar.

• Like 1