blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Tom may not have put his heart into Neighborhoods but the songs on that album are still blink-182 songs to me. Regardless of how lazy/selfish/not focused Tom is/was, that is still a blink-182 record (same goes for the EP). It's Mark, Tom, and Travis, playing and singing on the same tracks. That's blink to me. They can go on without Tom and like I said, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, but it will not be the same thing to me. blink-182 with a lazy Tom DeLonge is still blink-182. blink-182 with some other guy is a new project.

Don't get me wrong, I'll accept new music from Mark and Travis with open arms and excitement. Whether they still call themselves "blink-182" or something else doesn't matter. But to me it will be a different band.

I mostly agree, I do think though that even if Tom wasn't completely into it that he is the type of person that still makes a lot of effort in anything he does. Even if things could have been better, lets not forget that he still had the most presence on that album and the EP and In my opinion there is a reason for this.Even if he had been controlling and didn't let Mark have as much say on the album "which I do not believe is the case" he wouldn't have been controlling about it if he didn't care.

All I am saying is no matter how you cut it, its obvious that he tried in my opinion...I mean hell most people on here

love wishing well and Even If She Falls from what I have seen, and Natives is a personal favorite for me and he obviously contributed a lot to that song too.

If you like the band blink-182 more than the person Tom Delonge, then it's pretty easy to still see blink as blink, with or without him.

It's not about hating him. He was always my favorite member. No one will ever be cooler to me than Tom in his prime. But that guy doesn't exist anymore.

The music and legacy is too awesome to piss it away because one member of the band has delusions of grandeur.

I believe personally that more of the old Tom is still there more than people think...Even on Enema of the State he sung about aliens and on self titled you could hear his "newer side" coming out. He has always talked about conspiracy theories and stuff. He has even mentioned before that the first bands he had really liked were bands like U2 if I am not mistaken, then he said punk came along and he got obsessed with it...I believe in his later years he felt guilty that he gave so much of his life to one thing when there was always so much more to him. I just think its bullshit to say he is not the same person anymore. He has changed but in my opinion it wasn't as drastic as people think. I do not see it easy at all to see blink without Tom, even if he DID change completely his old self would have been a huge part of what made that band special and according to you he is gone. So no more blink, is how I would see it. I do agree that the legacy of those songs should be continued in some form but it just does not feel right to me to call it blink 182.

I agree, but that and kicking Tom out are two very different topics. And it's not the same people complaining about both (I think), so your post was a bit confusing.

It's totally ok and understandable to feel that blink is not really blink anymore without Tom IMO. But that has been discussed at length.

And I'm tired, didn't mean to a be a bitch :-)

• Like 3

I knew at the time that Neighborhoods was recorded completely separately and that Mark and Travis wrote a lot of songs on their own. It was pretty easy to spot songs like Hearts All Gone, Kaleidoscope, Fighting the Gravity, and MH 4.18.2011 as being generic guitar songs that Mark would write. Pretty sure I got bashed on here for suggesting that at the time though. 

I come back 3 or 4 hours later and everyone is still bitching about how "IT'Z NOT BLINK ANYMORE MAHN, I ONLY LIKE THERE OLD STUFFZ!!"

Well then put Cheshire Cat in your CD player and stop coming to this forum. I have had enough of this hipster nonsense. If you want a band to make the same record again and again until they die, listen to AC/DC or New Found Glory and live happily ever after.

Or Angels and airwaves!