blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Well if we're expect to keep up board drama then Oliver is going to have to take a 180 and become Toms biggest fan. 

As far as I'm aware FreeStyleSkaterboi was the closest we had to a Tom supporter in this whole mess but he seems to have gone quiet.

I mean, I'm not a Tom supporter, but I do sympathize for him and do wish nothing but the best as he should follow his dreams instead of holding people back.

I wish him the best as a person, but I'm completely done with him as a musician, artist, businessman, or whatever he thinks he is.

Blink got big because they were authentic. He couldn't be further from that today. The way he manipulates his fans and rests on his ego...meh, I'm just completely over all of that. Can't wish him success in those terms.

• Like 6

I'm here. First of all, let me tell you that English is not my main language and I'm a little bit drunk tonight. Also, I've been following blink's career since I know myself.

I'm ready for you guys. This is what I just posted on the AVA Movement forum:

"What part of “Tom is not part of the band anymore†have you not understood? If he’s “out of the band†how will he release the songs? Also, you can’t prove he hasn’t been working on songs for blink-182. If you are in a band with the dimension of blink-182 you should not go into studio to record an album that only sounds OK. If you go into studio to record a new album you have to try to make the best album ever. It’s easy to grab some demos and record an album even in 2 days. But you can’t do that when you’re in a band like blink-182. He didn’t have time to record the album he wanted to so he quit. But he didn’t quit the band and that’s what the real problem is. They kicked him out of his band - the band he started with Scott Raynor in his garage."

p.s. notnow123487, are you Brendan? Also, Tyler, I know you're here.

There are plenty of us here that feel some sympathy for Tom, and even understand where he is coming from.  But even still these people still think Tom is in the wrong, and the reason is, because he is.  His heart is out of the band and has been for the vast majority of the post breakup years.  I love what he did for this band, but he's just done, I don't wish him ill will or anything like that, but he really should step down, if your heart isn't in to it, you can't force it.  And if you're in that situation, its only understandable why any progress with any new music has been incredibly slow.  I'm sure he'd love to keep working in blink at the pace that he wants, but the fact of the matter is, Mark and Travis want to move forward and have for quite some time, as do the fans, we can't wait 5 years for every damn new album, it's not fair to us, and it's not fair to Mark and Travis (and their families at that).  Tom doesn't need blink, and there is absolutely someone out there that would not only love to have that position in the band, but would excel at it.  Matt Skiba isn't only passionate about music, a fantastic guitarist and vocalist, but also a genuine fan of the band, that I can only imagine would love to work on a new blink album ASAP.  It's time to push forward, the times they are a changin.

• Like 4

blink without Tom is like The Beatles without John Lennon. It doesn't matter if you like him or not. It doesn't matter if he's a good singer or not. It just doesn't make sense.

Yeah, and I'm sure that's how fans of ACDC felt when the lead singer was replaced as well, yet it ultimately worked out fantastically.  People have to stop holding this band on such a holy pedestal, it's a band, member turnover happens.  Blink with Skiba at this point will be much more blink than they've been with Tom over the past years who's heart and soul haven't been into the band, and his reluctance to work on anything has only stagnated the band.  Maybe you're ok with waiting half a decade for every new album, but the majority of fans simply aren't.

blink without Tom is like The Beatles without John Lennon. It doesn't matter if you like him or not. It doesn't matter if he's a good singer or not. It just doesn't make sense.

so do you consider neighborhoods to be blink-182? Mark and Travis recorded songs that Tom didn't even touch

Yeah, and I'm sure that's how fans of ACDC felt when the lead singer was replaced as well, yet it ultimately worked out fantastically.  People have to stop holding this band on such a holy pedestal, it's a band, member turnover happens.  Blink with Skiba at this point will be much more blink than they've been with Tom over the past years who's heart and soul haven't been into the band, and his reluctance to work on anything has only stagnated the band.  Maybe you're ok with waiting half a decade for every new album, but the majority of fans simply aren't.

You can’t compare Tom Delonge to Bon Scott. That guy was the singer of ACDC during 5 or 6 years, no matter how many album they released during that period of time. To not talk about that he died. Tom is not dead. Tom started blink with Scott Raynor in 1992. Also, what’s the difference between a new +44 album and a blink-182 album without Tom? Nobody wants to hold blink-182 from making new music. I just don’t want them to ruin the band’s legacy. If Mark is too worried about the band’s legacy then he should leave the blink-182 name intact from all of this shit. If he can't wait... just leave... Tom spent a lot of time and money with AVA and what Mark is always trying to do is to sabotage all the plans Tom has for AVA. That's my opinion. Tom lost almost his entire AVA band members because he cared too much about blink-182. That should make you think. The other guys make money when they are on tour. How many shows has he played with AVA?

What about blink? More than 200 since they got back together...

It's a fucking band. A fucking great band, but a fucking band. If Mark, Travis and _____ continue on as Blink, that just means new music from Mark and Travis and a set list of new shit and blink favorites. Tom does not want to do blink-182. Mark and Travis do. Blink-182 should continue.

• Like 5

It's not that it doesn't make sense, it's that it'll be a reincarnation of blink. Many of us accept it and want it rather than a half-hearted Tom.