blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

i just want to touch on this again real quick..... the festival isnt travis barkers...he isnt one of the owners... musink has been happening for years before travis was even involved. hes just a CURATOR aka he picks what bands are playing this year. 

"A few months ago, Travis has this festival that he is co-owner of (...)" - Mark Hoppus.

lol @ "Markbot".

No one is blindly supporting Mark. People are supporting Mark and Travis because they are fans of blink-182 and those are the two people who care about blink-182. There is clear evidence for that.

In fact, a lot of us are supporting blink-182 far away to one single person. blink as a band, as a project, as a part of our lives and, mostly, as a thing that can still progress without any kind of brake. That's what he don't understand. Althoug iot was a huge part on blink, we are pretty much over selfish-DeLonge.

It's fun to see ole Oli genuinely excited about blink, no more of the circular arguments about money and Tom going bald and fat and all that lame BS.

haha it really is a nice change.  Something to actually talk about on here finally.  Now if only we can get all this new stuff Aria promised us

ps, i just joke aria

• Like 1

i just hope they actually release an album. i hate the whole "we'll play the show and then see what happens" line. whether skiba will be involved or not, it'd be cool if they would just tell us if they are going to get into the studio or sit around for four more years trying to figure out what to do. one would think that tom's march 1st stunt would push mark and travis to put something out

I never did, because I always recalled that setlist he had posted that Ghent mentioned in like 2009, that was really long, like 30 songs, included a "new song" despite Mark being the one to say that he didn't like when bands played songs the fans didn't yet know (again clearly in this context a cover up for Tom) as well as songs like Apple Shampoo, Dick Lips, and I think Pathetic, among others.  I always suspected after the real set came out, being significantly shorter and cutting out most of the non-singles, that it was because of Tom, seems more clear than ever that this is the case.  These guys have been covering for a lot of Tom's BS over the past few years it seems, and it only makes it all the greater that he's out so they can actually do fun new things.

I think i still have that picture on my computer somewhere. I got so stoked seeing some of those songs he was practicing.

• Like 1

I think i still have that picture on my computer somewhere. I got so stoked seeing some of those songs he was practicing.

I'd really love to see that image again, perhaps a set like that might be what we can expect (except you know with some Neighborhoods and DED songs in there as well/in place of some other songs) at Musink.

I hope they change the opener! It's been Feeling This (or occasionally Dumpweed) since 2004!

Kind of agree, BUT, Feeling This is going to be so much different, and probably way better with Skiba singing those Tom parts.  With Skiba in the band, I wouldn't mind if they still opened with Feeling This.

Having said that, I do want them to change the closer from Dammit and Family Reunion to something else.  I'd still love those songs in the set, but it would be pretty damn awesome if they closed with a song like Stay Together For The Kids instead.  I'm so tired of every set ending the same way.  While Family Reunion wasn't always there, Dammit has been at the end for nearly every show since like 1999.

As much as I wish Tom was still in, I think we may be blown away by the quality of Matt's voice on these songs live. I hope so! I mean, Matt's had some pretty bad singing days too, but, I think he realizes how big of a deal this whole thing is.

Yeah he has, but lately he's sounded great live if the youtube videos are anything to judge by.  Frankly even if he did sound bad, it probably wouldn't be as sloppy as Tom.  Seriously, why the hell did Tom need to slur every other word, and insert weird grunts and shit, or like when they would play Always he would insert "Dad" as if trying to say something personal, but it always sounded so out of place and weird.  I can't see Matt doing any of that weird/bad shit.