blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Except people aren't that cynical at all right now. I'd say the morale is pretty high.

I'm pumped as fuck for blink right now. Haven't been able to say that in a long ass time.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phEimo314V4

Not really relevant, but I'm excited to hear Matt's tone with Blink.

• Like 2

In all the video's I've watched of the tours not once have I heard these backing vocals execpt for the untitled shows. Plus you guys are sounding like mad conspiracists here. "Oh, Tom will purposely make these new songs sound like old blink to get fans on his side." Tom could end AVA to rejoin blink and somehow you people will spin it to say it's some master plan Tom has deep down. Give me a break.

Qnv9G96.jpg

Man, seriously shut the fuck up with this braindead counterpoint - simplifying all your counter arguments to 'they're "Tombots"' is getting old and frankly embarrassing coming from someone who has their master's degree. Learn how to rebuttal properly. 

Man, seriously shut the fuck up with this braindead counterpoint - simplifying all your counter arguments to 'they're "Tombots"' is getting old and frankly embarrassing coming from someone who has their master's degree. Learn how to rebuttal properly. 

But he's not wrong.  The guy honestly claims he hasn't heard any of the backing vocals and tracks except for on the untitled tour, but the fact of the matter is they've been used ever since the reunited in 2009, there are plenty of videos to support this.  But why waste time pointing that out, when the person making that claim is probably aware of them and just disregards them, seems far simpler to say, he's only seeing what he wants to because he's a Tombot.

• Like 2

But he's not wrong.  The guy honestly claims he hasn't heard any of the backing vocals and tracks except for on the untitled tour, but the fact of the matter is they've been used ever since the reunited in 2009, there are plenty of videos to support this.  But why waste time pointing that out, when the person making that claim is probably aware of them and just disregards them, seems far simpler to say, he's only seeing what he wants to because he's a Tombot.

Show me the videos then.  I googled for them and couldn't find anything.  Unless they are in some brazilian fans closet bootlegs.

I haven't seen this either - and if they used them in the two shows I went to I didn't hear them. Other than the Blizzcon show and I think a few AUS shows, I wasn't aware they used backing vocals. 

quick search, Not Now 2009, intro is not played by Tom, this isn't backing vocals, but a back track (which is a part of what we're talking about, I mentioned both vocals and tracks, and I do recall backing vocals as well in other songs, if you want more examples I can find them:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET8-TESbPGI

One of many many examples

"so search for an excuse and someone to believe you..." tom took mark's advice, and built an army of believers.

no matter how little he cared about blink, if he says he was working hard on blink songs, the faithful suckers treat him as a martyr (who gave his best but the others betrayed him).

• Like 1

quick search, Not Now 2009, intro is not played by Tom, this isn't backing vocals, but a back track (which is a part of what we're talking about, I mentioned both vocals and tracks, and I do recall backing vocals as well in other songs, if you want more examples I can find them:

What? Where can you hear the intro not being played by his lead guitar? You're reaching for straws here. 

• Like 3

What? Where can you hear the intro not being played by his lead guitar? You're reaching for straws here. 

You can distinctly hear 2 guitars being played at once in that intro, and given when Tom actually joins in and how sloppy his guitar sounds, its pretty clear that the intro is a backing track.  If you can't tell that, then you are deaf.  Any time they played Not Now, they always had a backing track for the intro.

• Like 1

Wow, sounds like something died in Tom's throat.

I was actually at this show at Jones Beach in 2009. Don't remember it being that bad.

• Like 1