Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Not really, this would easily fit on My Shame Is True - the only thing that sounds like new blink is the whoas at the end but Alk3 have had whoas for years. the lead parts are no different to the lead parts on other alk3 records (Warhol, for example).

What is different is the guitar sound for the main part, kind've odd for them.

I like the song, I don't necessarily love it but it doesn't sound like some weird blink alk3 hybrid, it just sounds like alkaline trio - thank christ for that.

Confirms for me that Matts input is very minimal in the blink camp. 

I'm so excited for the new record though, knowing there's going to be a new alk3 record makes me way less mad at Matt about the current blink situation. 

Pretty insane he was able to record another Trio record with all his Blink commitments as well. Kudos to him on doing that. 

• Like 3

I'm not going to check this out too often, don't want to be bored of it by the time the album drops, but the guitar fade in/out kinda makes me feel a bit dizzy or something, hard to explain but it definitely makes my head feel odd. Other than that, pretty damn solid. Shame Matt isn't even allowed to bring something this to the table with blink.

i was hoping their extended break would have brought some new life the material but this song is a bit of a dud, like the majority of my shame is true. i'm also hoping dan comes to save the day again. his songs on that last "b-side" EP were better than the entire real album. 

those claiming this has blink influence must not listen to alkaline trio at all. sounds just like their last record.

31 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i was hoping their extended break would have brought some new life the material but this song is a bit of a dud, like the majority of my shame is true. i'm also hoping dan comes to save the day again. his songs on that last "b-side" EP were better than the entire real album. 

those claiming this has blink influence must not listen to alkaline trio at all. sounds just like their last record.

Good lord thank you.  We may disagree about the quality of current Blink, but this point was driving me mad. 

• Like 1

https://newnoisemagazine.com/alkaline-trio-thing-cursed/

the band is calling this a sister album to maybe i'll catch fire. the album was produced by Cameron Webb. he's worked on a handful of pretty good records and seems like a good fit for trio. i have higher hopes for the other songs but i doubt they will actually resemble that album. 

also, we dodged a bullet because skiba didn't take this to feldmann.

• Like 1

lol, I doubt they'll ever do that. *crosses fingers*

It's fine, nothing too great and pretty standard Alkaline Trio fare. I feel like they haven't had the same spark since Crimson, but are never terrible/lousy.

Crimson was the last one I enjoyed for a while and it's still not that great a record as far as im concerned, but I loved a lot of My Shame Is True. Again though, it's a half solid album with some incredibly meh tracks. They haven't had a full solid record since Good Mourning imo. 

10 hours ago, Kay said:

Not really, this would easily fit on My Shame Is True - the only thing that sounds like new blink is the whoas at the end but Alk3 have had whoas for years. the lead parts are no different to the lead parts on other alk3 records (Warhol, for example).

What is different is the guitar sound for the main part, kind've odd for them.

I like the song, I don't necessarily love it but it doesn't sound like some weird blink alk3 hybrid, it just sounds like alkaline trio - thank christ for that.

Confirms for me that Matts input is very minimal in the blink camp. 

I'm so excited for the new record though, knowing there's going to be a new alk3 record makes me way less mad at Matt about the current blink situation. 

Yeah it does sound like it came just off of MSIT. Which is impressive, because Matt sounded like 3 different people on California. I’ve expected there would be more lead work since California, and it sounds like random leads are being sprinkled out of nowhere (like in Wildfire) but I don’t know. You can usually tell when Matt does his own leads because they’re more rhythm based.

I apologize to people for saying there was blink influence because I phrased it wrong, I thought the dash of leads in the song would be something Matt would take back from blink, but considering how much this sounds like where MSIT left off, Matt obviously didn’t have that much to take back from blink anyways.

Just gave this a proper listen, good tune, but very forgettable. Is this the first single or just a bonus early release? Seems like this song would work much better as a random deep cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Just gave this a proper listen, good tune, but very forgettable. Is this the first single or just a bonus early release? Seems like this song would work much better as a random deep cut.

Yeah, I've got a similar feeling. From hearing Alkaline Trio's past albums, the singles never do it for me compared to the non singles.

Song is great, chorus especially. 

So glad this band isn’t dead and that they still sound like the fucking Trio. 

Sounds like MICF and MSIT combined. As someone who loves both, I am hyped. Long live the Trio and thank fucking Christ Feldmann is not on this! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, decisions said:

Song is great, chorus especially. 

So glad this band isn’t dead and that they still sound like the fucking Trio. 

Sounds like MICF and MSIT combined. As someone who loves both, I am hyped. Long live the Trio and thank fucking Christ Feldmann is not on this! 

Yeah, as I said on the last page, its great!

12 hours ago, Since88 said:

it’s great to hear Matt Skiba sound like Matt Skiba again

• Like 1