Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Elisa said:

Derek has left the band. I'm crushed 😔

I feel you.

I love Derek for everything he represents for the band. Also, he seems a genuine good guy. When Derek joined it was like the band, all of a sudden, was on steroids. If I recall correctly, on Remains' booklet he says that his first contribution to the band, and sort of his first 'test', was the recording of Jaked On Green Beers. What a debut for him.

But his contributions were far beyond drumming. He sung, and had a huge part on the song writing process, plus his contributions to the band's imaginery. I'll miss him on their next records, for sure.

I wish him the best and hope he can cope with his condition in the best way possible.

• Love 2

Knew it would happen but happy regardless - still bummed that it's a sign AM are effectively done right now but Atom is one of my favourite drummers, so it's exciting to see. 

Hope the news this fast means Alk3 are definitely knee deep in something new. 

10 hours ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

Knew it would happen but happy regardless - still bummed that it's a sign AM are effectively done right now but Atom is one of my favourite drummers, so it's exciting to see. 

Hope the news this fast means Alk3 are definitely knee deep in something new. 

Atom is always making every band he's in a little better than they previously were. I love Trio, and Atom is one of my favourite drummers as well. This is gonna be fucking great!

• Love 1