Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

Warbrain and Jaked On Green Beers are, to me, the best ones on that record. Along with Hell Yes, Queen Of Pain and Sadie. To me was a little bit weird that they choose the Crimson version of Sadie instead of the early version included on the split Cd they did with One Man Army. You can hear that version here (also, the songs included on that split are just ACE):

http://youtu.be/nJwu8M6Q_FQ?t=8m27s

Alkaline trio had a very good period between Good Mourning and Crimson, including rarities and b-sides. 2003-2005 was pure gold for them.

Has anyone mentioned Damnesia in this thread? I fucking LOVE that album, some classics re-recorded in an acoustic/ballardy format, very nice take on some of their top songs and Olde English 800 is an awesomely catchy song too. Got hooked on that when the album came and i got hooked on it all over again the other day, beast of a tune!

I was expecting from Damnesia something similar to the aproach that Matt Skiba took on his split CD with Kevin Seconds, so I was a little bit disappointed. I like some of the renditions, but I don't know why, they didn't got stuck on me.

Can't say i've listened to the Kevin Seconds split so i cant really comment on that. But I freaking LOVE Damnesia, I love that they took some awesome, fast tracks and really slowed them up, added some huge gothic moods to them and just chilled them the fuck out. Really nice album to stick on when you just want to unwind a little but still have that punky edge.

Yeah, is a good record. But I've been following to the Alkaline Trio for many years, and I've been able to hear some good and nice "raw" acoustic versions of their own songs that sounded, to me, much better to what they did in Damnesia. Of course, I understand that on that album, they just wanted to do something different, and I like it. The problem is on me, hahaha.

Haha, fair fucks mate! Were you a member of the blood pact? I was about to join (after fannying about for ages about whther i wanted to or not!) and then they closed it! It looked like there was some really cool stuff on there! I managed to find a download of scraps though which was sick

Yeah. Bloodpact was amazing. Tons of stuff there. Shame I live in Spain and I couldn't join the meet and greets and special "in person" stuff like that.

Scraps was released on a regular version as a digital bonus album when you purchased Remains. They managed to make a kind of puzzle using the bopoklet along with some kind of template that you had to download on their heartandskull website -I don't know if that website is still working-. Then you solved some shit and you had a code to download. It was pretty funny. But, yes, they released a special version of Scraps for the BloodPact.

Yeah. Bloodpact was amazing. Tons of stuff there. Shame I live in Spain and I couldn't join the meet and greets and special "in person" stuff like that.

Scraps was released on a regular version as a digital bonus album when you purchased Remains. They managed to make a kind of puzzle using the bopoklet along with some kind of template that you had to download on their heartandskull website -I don't know if that website is still working-. Then you solved some shit and you had a code to download. It was pretty funny. But, yes, they released a special version of Scraps for the BloodPact.

Yeah, i remember people chatting about a puzzle that had to be completed in order to get the download, sounded pretty sick! Cool stuff to the fans interacting and whatnot.