Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah they all seem to hate Matt these days. Even the girl who runs it says she dislikes him and everything he does these days.

I noticed that. They act like they own him and he owes them all his time and an explanation for anything he does they don't like. 

Its because of the woman he was with because of the allegations against her and i think some of it is fueled over animosity over the fact that for the most part he seems disinterested in alk3 now. He doesnt remotely deserve it but I can see why people are touchy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kay said:

Its because of the woman he was with because of the allegations against her and i think some of it is fueled over animosity over the fact that for the most part he seems disinterested in alk3 now. He doesnt remotely deserve it but I can see why people are touchy. 

Yeah, if it wasn't for her, they would never pick apart everything he does. They believe that supporting her is the antipode of everything he has always stood for, but he's a good person, he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets from them.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:56 AM, Elisa said:

Yeah, if it wasn't for her, they would never pick apart everything he does. They believe that supporting her is the antipode of everything he has always stood for, but he's a good person, he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets from them.

Skiba seems like a good guy, but you never know what skeletons they have. hehe

tumblr_inline_pprfrmwXkf1u251ll_500.png

Well, the background for some criticism on Skiba and alkaline trio is that they had a guy from Death In June do vocals on Agony and Irony, and they've been called a "hate group" by the southern poverty law center. I would say they probably just enjoy the art aesthetic and iconography of the Nazis, but it is pretty concerning just how interested Skiba is in all of this and those he chooses to hang around with. I'm assuming this may be why they had to address his views and interest in it all.

The Argento shit is also sad and considering she considers people to be Nazis if they stop people from smoking in public places; she's also a huge dipshit and Skiba defends her constantly. Also her and her dad are obsessed with the Nazis too. So I guess him pivoting these things up is why people are sensitive. You would also think a man his age would grow out of some of this as it is cringe. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 4:03 AM, Elisa said:

The other day they said he a was nazi sympathizer because he was promoting nazi imagery on a poster, while, in actuality, he has always denounced the far right in many interviews. Then, a few days before that he was a piece of shit because he shared that he was reading books about black metal crimes and he even had to make a post on Instagram last night to address the negative reactions he got from those people from the group:

Well the only book people were freaking out about is "Might is Right", which IS a far-right book that a lot of fascists view as required reading. 

The other thing is his repeated use of the totenkopf, or "dead's head."  I know he thinks it's cool because of Death in June but that logo was used by Panzer divisions and the SS in WWII. 

He should probably just stick to the satanism stuff lol, much safer as far as that sort of thing goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Skiba seems like a good guy, but you never know what skeletons they have. hehe

tumblr_inline_pprfrmwXkf1u251ll_500.png

Well, the background for some criticism on Skiba and alkaline trio is that they had a guy from Death In June do vocals on Agony and Irony, and they've been called a "hate group" by the southern poverty law center. I would say they probably just enjoy the art aesthetic and iconography of the Nazis, but it is pretty concerning just how interested Skiba is in all of this and those he chooses to hang around with. I'm assuming this may be why they had to address his views and interest in it all.

The Argento shit is also sad and considering she considers people to be Nazis if they stop people from smoking in public places; she's also a huge dipshit and Skiba defends her constantly. Also her and her dad are obsessed with the Nazis too. So I guess him pivoting these things up is why people are sensitive. You would also think a man his age would grow out of some of this as it is cringe. 

Yeah, when you put it that way, it's pretty concerning. I had no idea about these other stuffs (the pictures). I also never understood people who romanticise the Nazi aesthetic and iconography. 9 times out of 10 the interest for these symbols comes more from the appreciation of racial history than war itself, and I think it's hard for people with strong interests in this area not to fall to ethnocentrism and even xenophobia. I personally don't see Skiba as one of those, he just likes to be edgy. Even though now I know that he hangs with some people like that.

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Well the only book people were freaking out about is "Might is Right", which IS a far-right book that a lot of fascists view as required reading. 

The other thing is his repeated use of the totenkopf, or "dead's head."  I know he thinks it's cool because of Death in June but that logo was used by Panzer divisions and the SS in WWII. 

He should probably just stick to the satanism stuff lol, much safer as far as that sort of thing goes.

That is a big yike. He definitely should have stuck with Satanism. I went back to his Instagram to see what he said about that particular book in the post where he was defending his interests, but he has deleted the post now.

• Like 1

I obviously don't think Skiba is a Nazi or something, but he is bringing all of this blowback on himself by trying to be an edgelord.

He's painted a bunch of other Nazi-occult symbols, like the wolfsangel (think he even put this one on his motorcycle).

I think he just needs a little more self-awareness.   Just kinda reminds me of stuff you'd do in high school.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

that's pretty much where I am with it. I just don't think it's cool or that interesting. in the end is it really worth the baggage? 

It looks like he's refusing to take any responsibility for the controversial imagery he shares on social media because he says he's studying these things and it's probably true. But with the huge following he has, it wouldn't be bad to be a little more careful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

New 3 song EP March 23rd, will be released physically on 7" vinyl (only 2 songs on the vinyl, 1 each side)

I’m so horny for this mate. I really wanna buy the 7inch but I assume it’s gonna cost like $60 to get out here after shippin. Don’t Know if I can warrant dropping that on 2 songs.

• Like 1