The Motorsports thread

Julian Casablancas

Yeah I watch heaps. Trying to get off work early tomorrow just to watch the 3rd V8 race lol. Lowndesy's my man in that series, been going for him ever since I remember watching it

F1 testing has been interesting. Appears as though Mercedes is still way ahead, and Ferrari might be on par with Williams/RBR this year (although, they have the 2 drivers that struggled the most with the new format...) No idea what's gonna happen with McLaren. I go for Ricciardo, of course :P

Who do you support in those two categories?

Also love WSBK and moto3, and moto2 and GP are sometimes worth a watch.

They got a lot better F1 and V8 coverage in Australia starting this year, luckily my family has pay TV. No ads any more and changeable camera angles. Showing all testing/practices, its awesome!

Massive fan of F1. 

Although its a bit taboo to say it in Britain, I was a huge Schumacher fan growing up. When he retired originally, I switched allegiances to Button, although I have soft spots for Alonso, Rosberg and Ricciardo. 

Not sure if you've heard of it, but the Goodwood festival of Speed is a good place for motorsport fans. If you're ever in the UK in July, check it out. 

Well, I support Scotty McLaughlin, also because he's on Volvo. Love the S60 and the Kiwis. I have to stream it through the Internet, the only channel is MotorsTV, but we don't have that here. 

As for F1, always been a Fan of Kimi, obviously. I just feel his move back to Ferrari wasn't the best thing to do. Didn't have many options though, luckily he got away from Lotus for 2014, they just had a shitty car.

Testing has been interesting so far, doesn't surprise me that Mercedes is so far ahead though. But yeah, we'll all see their real speeds at Melbourne, I think Williams will again be the main contenders.

Yeah Jon, would absolutely love to go to Goodwood, I love watching the videos of the vintage cars they are racing there each year, especially the old F1 cars.

Haha yeah, but I also like Frosty. I always wanted to buy a Volvo, so I am a little biased haha.

I've been to a few F1 races, last year in Austria obviously but I've also been to the Monaco GP in 1998. A friend's father worked for F1 for quite a while (he was the head of advertising on track or so and they had a really nice apartment in Monaco….. made a shitload of money obviously) so we got tickets basically for free and got to stay in their place. 

During practice and quali we sat in the chicane after the tunnel and during the race in the swimming pool corners. I will definitely remember that weekend for the rest of my life, the sound of the V10 was body-shaking, especially when they came out of the tunnel, downshifting through all the gears for the chicane.

Damn I hate Frosty as well, my brother loves him. I hate too many of them. I used to be the biggest Courtney hater lol but the last couple years I've become a huge fan of his. Unlucky for McLaughlin this weekend, I think he's in top 3 to win the championship if their car works properly

Seeing the V10's would've been insane. My bro said the V6's still sounded cool in their own way (better than he expected) but obviously a whole lot different of an experience to the old cars. Especially with all the buildings and tunnel at Monaco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hope Percat and Winterbottom run into each other. Looking for Lowndes, Reynolds or Pye to win

Also got motogp on in a few hours, Rossi needs a big win. Then F1 later!

edit: fuck yeah Lowndesy does it again! Did not expect that especially after he dropped back in the wet. Poor Whincup lol I'm pretty sure he saw the green lights on the safety car letting the backmarker through so he went through as well, but the green was off by then

Lets hope Rosberg holds position at the start so there's a bit of a fight on. Otherwise you might fall asleep before the end..

So last year at Bathurst the guy that started last won, and they had a crash along the way. This year the podium started 15th, 14th and 22nd lol. That's why I love that race, anyone can win or at least get on the podium really

• 4 years later...