The Motorsports thread

Julian Casablancas

1 hour ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Totally agree that he's by far and away the best driver, I just HATE him always moaning on the radio. Obviously that's how you win championships, but it still pisses me off to no end! In respect of him being British, I know he technically is, but the fact he fucked off to live in America means to me that he's not. He's so plastic. 

Racing in exactly the same car as everyone else would be mint, would love to see that. Shame it'll never happen.

I find him incredibly cringey off-track. Some of the things he says/wears scream look at me im famous - i need attention. Never liked that side to him. 

I like hearing him on the radio because he's usually right - his racing IQ  is ridiculously good, its like an F1 strategist and driver in one - and he's doing it with none of the tools a team strategist would have. 

f1 is the only motorsport I was pretty much.
Though it has been tough the past few years with only 1-2 teams every being up the front.  But that has happened for years in f1.  Was RBR before the Merc run.

I have been to Singapore twice for the race there, and it is the most amazing thing I have done.  I love the night race aspect of it all.

Only fucked thing, was DR finished second both times.  Was devastating! 

Sorry if the above part has been talked about.  Just couldn't be assed going through every post at the present time.   😂

7 hours ago, Mitch. said:

f1 is the only motorsport I was pretty much.
Though it has been tough the past few years with only 1-2 teams every being up the front.  But that has happened for years in f1.  Was RBR before the Merc run.

I have been to Singapore twice for the race there, and it is the most amazing thing I have done.  I love the night race aspect of it all.

Only fucked thing, was DR finished second both times.  Was devastating! 

Sorry if the above part has been talked about.  Just couldn't be assed going through every post at the present time.   😂

Yeah Singapore track at night has always been a dream for me - and Monaco track, just to stay in one of those hotels in the middle of the street circuit. 

• Like 1

Last race of the season they should put them all in the same spec car for a pre-race event, would be great. Just a shame that the last race is Abu Dhabi. Such a nothing circuit, just wish they would go back to Brazil for the closer. 

I've only been to Silverstone so far, but my aim is now to go to 1 race a year and make a holiday around it. 

Montreal, Spa, Monza, Suzuka and Monaco are on my current wishlist.  

Do any of you play F1 2020 on PS4?

15 hours ago, Roux said:

Yeah Singapore track at night has always been a dream for me - and Monaco track, just to stay in one of those hotels in the middle of the street circuit. 

Monaco for me too man!

My aunt has been there (she used to work on luxury yachts), and got to stay in one of the hotels overlooking the track.
Envy levels were paramount!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Monaco for me too man!

My aunt has been there (she used to work on luxury yachts), and got to stay in one of the hotels overlooking the track.
Envy levels were paramount!

That's amazing. A guy i work with goes with a group of friends every year - costs around 5-10k to stay at one of those hotels in the middle of the track!

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, Roux said:

That's amazing. A guy i work with goes with a group of friends every year - costs around 5-10k to stay at one of those hotels in the middle of the track!

Oh she didn't pay.  The owner of the yacht she was working on did.  (They are all multi million dollar yachts.  Money is nothing to those people!)

• Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no longer checking the weather before races. All week its said rain on Sunday and now it's bone dry. It's the 5th race this season where that's been the case 😄

Really wanted a bit of rain to mix it up a bit. Mercedes are due a DNF but they're too well oiled and drilled! 

On 10/11/2020 at 8:00 AM, Bucko said:

Mercedes are due a DNF but they're too well oiled and drilled! 

Gutted this happened for Bottas and not Lewis to spice it up haha! 

On 10/11/2020 at 2:50 PM, Scott. said:

Gutted for Lando. 

Nice to see Ricciardo get a podium and great to see Lewis equal Schumacher’s race wins 

Same, Mclaren will be everyone's favourites from next season, to be fair I do like Carlos too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Bucko said:

Do we all think Mercedes were sandbagging?

Doesn't this question pop up around testing most years with Merc? I think they had genuine issues - but Mercedes are relentless in these details and figuring them out. 

10 hours ago, Roux said:

Doesn't this question pop up around testing most years with Merc? I think they had genuine issues - but Mercedes are relentless in these details and figuring them out. 

It does indeed. I just hope there is a genuine battle for the title this year!