The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

alrighty added all that info since the last time i updated (june 1 and 15).

lotta fun stuff added. what’s cool is some of the posters you find @Thibaut182 make official kevin-182’s dates from back in the day… i never had any reason to believe they were ever fabricated, but having evidence via posters. another cool thing is there are certain shows — for example, the 6/5/1996 gig in st. pete, fl — that were previously listed with a question mark because we had no other info. then this random person on instagram comes forward with a poster, and you manage to find it, post it, and then it’s in here forever. also rad: how you cross-referenced mark’s original road report for the rained-out chicago date of the '96 warped tour with scott heisel’s recent memory of it from the AP article. that type of stuff amazes me. you do the most work in this thread and i want to thank you.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Thibaut is just the best! 

We recently found out on facebook that there's a guy that said he still has videos of blink playing a benefit show for a kid who died and his friends and family in early 1997. We have the show listed on our timeline, someone asked him to put those videos online and he said yes but it was in 2016, so I guess we'll never see that footage. It would be awesome though because it's something we've never seen before.

• Love 1

@boxelder @Elisa Hey thanks guys, glad that my work in the timeline is helping out and is being appreciated too ! :)

8 minutes ago, Elisa said:

We recently found out on facebook that there's a guy that said he still has videos of blink playing a benefit show for a kid who died and his friends and family in early 1997. We have the show listed on our timeline, someone asked him to put those videos online and he said yes but it was in 2016, so I guess we'll never see that footage. It would be awesome though because it's something we've never seen before.

That's a shame ... :(

I think we might have a better chance with this person that uploaded this small clip from a Blink show in 1996 : 

6/9/1996: The band performs at Fairbanks Inn in Winter Park, Florida

Here is the clip mentionned in question (bonus point that it was filmed from the side of stage too haha)

Uploader said that he would post more at some point :) So yeah !

going through and correcting postimages links. i was using the site to quickly archive posters/flyers, but they changed their URL so i can’t figure out how to reclaim the old ones. i’m going through thibaut's contributions and finding each, adding them to the NEW postimage, and then backing them up using archive.org, so perhaps we’ll have these forever. also adding an extra bullet for some shows (mostly between 1994-1996 so far) with an “other bands” listing so one can easily find who played what shows with blink. i’m also trying to move away from imgur as i’ve learned images are deleted six months after uploads unless they receive a certain number of views. eventually i want everything to be a archive.org link

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You're doing a great job @boxelder ! Also great idea regarding putting the other bands that played with Blink too :)

By the way has this ever been confirmed or is it fake ? I've always wondered about that regarding the Timeline.

Some source claim that Blink did a music video of Voyeur and that this particular video aired on a MTV show called MTV's "1998 Rarest Music Videos". I think that there is proof that they also did a music video for Mutt while shooting their scene in American Pie (proof : http://web.archive.org/web/20000301060844/http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stadium/6864/vid.html).

Here's some info about that supposedly music video for Voyeur :

- One of my neighbors saw it doesn't remember it too clearly but said it was hilarious. 

- The Voyeur video shows Mark, Tom And Scott at the girls house they sing about. In the lyrics "I'd eat her out if she were on my dinner plate" the video shows Tom eating the girl he sings about. It also shows the girl's big brother who showers twice a week.

- No, it's not lies. On MTV's "1998 Rarest Music Videos", they showed the Voyeur video. That guy who thought it was with the scene with Tom eating a girl and showing the big brother, you're right. They also showed a scene of the big brother and a scene with Mark sitting in a tree with binoculars. It's been confirmed by a lot of people, and also confirmed on Wikipedia.

- Yes. Me and my friend both saw it. We were on the phone, and my friend told me he was watching MTV 2.

So, he told me to turn it there. I did. And the second most rarest video was "Voyeur" by blink-182.

- Apparently this show aired again in 2006 again on MTV (in addition to airing in 1998).

@boxelder Thanks a lot for updating the timeline. I'm sorry to be fuzzy but this is not correct:

7/28/1996:

The band performs at Hippodrome Racetrack in Montreal, Quebec. 

The show was NOT a Warped Tour date. (this is a Vans Warped Tour '96 date)

7/29/1996: The band performs at The Underworld in Montreal, Quebec as a part of Warped Tour 1996 (This was not a Vans Warped Tour '96 date, it was a Warped Tour day off)

New date to add (with ticket stub as proof) : 

03/06/2000 The band performs at the Manchester Academy. Other band playing included Fenix Tx.

found ticket stub for this show : 

2/7/2004: The band performs at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, Elisa said:

The VHS tape contains footage of them playing their brand new song "Dammit" and also some backstage footage.

30 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

The VHS tape contains footage of them playing their brand new song "Dammit" and also some backstage footage.

Do you actually have that VHS tape ? :o 

found more info for this show : 

1/5/1996: The band performs at Showcase Theatre in Corona, California.

From dillon ela : 

definitely Jan 1996 they were opening for Blink 182, I was there, with Mark Hoppus and his blue hair.

I remember going to this show, didn't they open for Blink 182, Mark Hoppus kept on saying "ketchup makes a mess" tribute to homegrown.

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

definitely Jan 1996 they were opening for Blink 182, I was there, with Mark Hoppus and his blue hair.

pretty darn sure mark's hair was not blue in jan 1996. i was at the [end of the goodtimes tour] show at SOMA (jan 27, 1996) and have camcorder footage from that show as well. not blue.

perhaps he's remembering the famous kerry key photo used on the cargo promo materials. mark has blue hair and is mid-jump at the showcase theater. that photo was taken july 18, 1995.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Some source claim that Blink did a music video of Voyeur

i'm convinced that no video for voyeur was ever shot. for one, the lyrics "i'd eat her out" were way, way too risqué for a major label single, let alone video, in 1997. i mean, they banned the original M+Ms because of the shootout. you think they're going to let those lyrics fly? and with tom pantomiming cannibalism of said lyrics? if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you...

related: indeed, the first version of josie (underwater) does exist.

voyeur was *never, ever* in consideration for a single, though they played it regularly up to and a while after DR's release.

interestingly, pathetic was considered at MCA, but never issued as such. it's listed on all early promo materials:

promo.jpg

i'm calling mandela effect for anyone who claims to have seen it, on MTV or otherwise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

pretty darn sure mark's hair was not blue in jan 1996. i was at [end of the goodtimes tour]show at SOMA (jan 27, 1996) and have camcorder footage from that show as well. not blue.

perhaps he's remembering the famous kerry key photo used on the cargo promo materials. mark has blue hair and is mid-jump at the showcase theater. that photo was taken july 18, 1995.

I think that he was maybe referring to around 1997/early 1998 because the only footage that we have from that show is footage from Homegrown opening the show (and according to a comment from the uploader, this show was actually before Homegrown released "Act Your Age" so that means before June 1998)

1 minute ago, Thibaut182 said:

I think that he was maybe referring to around 1998/early 1998 because the only footage that we have from that show is footage from Homegrown opening the show (and according to a comment from the uploader, this show was actually before Homegrown released "Act Your Age" so that means before June 1998)

FYI: keep in mind, home grown was playing "she said" (and other tracks from act your age) live in 1997.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

pretty darn sure mark's hair was not blue in jan 1996. i was at the [end of the goodtimes tour] show at SOMA (jan 27, 1996) and have camcorder footage from that show as well. not blue.

This picture was taken at one of the shows they played at the Showcase Theatre in Corona, CA (1995-1996). I'm not entirely sure if this one is Jan 1996 though - No blue hair either.

1995-1996 Corona, CA - Showcase Theatre.jpg

40 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

This picture was taken at one of the shows they played at the Showcase Theatre in Corona, CA (1995-1996). I'm not entirely sure if this one is Jan 1996 though - No blue hair either.

blink did play the showcase on saturday january 6th, 1996. but not with home grown.

6th.jpg