The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

i recently got the codes to update the timeline from @luisbootlegs. i’ll begin updating it as soon as possible but i’m on vacation at the moment. as for our official timeline site, work has officially begun! i’m designing the site with my friend and we’re going to be launching it hopefully before the end of the year. it’s gonna be a much more interactive way of presenting this timeline.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

As much as I would've liked there to have been a pre-182 show a half hour from where I was born, unfortunately, I've received word from a Rockford resident that blink canceled the show at the PIT in Rockford, IL on July 31, 1995. I also have a flyer but for a canceled show, I don't know how much good it is.

2 hours ago, Kjblink182 said:

As much as I would've liked there to have been a pre-182 show a half hour from where I was born, unfortunately, I've received word from a Rockford resident that blink canceled the show at the PIT in Rockford, IL on July 31, 1995. I also have a flyer but for a canceled show, I don't know how much good it is.

I'm very interested in seeing it, nevermind it's cancelled :). We should probably also add canceled shows to the Timeline and mark them as cancelled? - I think it'd be useful at some point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

Another one to be added to the Timeline: 1998-03-28 Snoqualmie Pass, WA - The Summit At Snoqualmie (Board Stiff)

Two other pictures from that show

BoardStiff98a.jpg

BoardStiff98b.jpg

found pictures for this show

8/1/1998: The band performs at Kitsap Bowl in Bremerton, Washington.

EndFest98a.jpg

EndFest98b.jpg

6/18/1999: The band performs at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.

BFD6a.jpg

BFD6b.jpg

BFD6c.jpg

BFD6d.jpg

found picture for this show : 

10/18/1997: The band performs at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas as a part of the MTV Sports and Music Festival.

Band3.jpg

5/13/2000: The band performs at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix, Arizona

AzSpeaker.JPG

Az1a.jpg

Az2.JPG

Az3.JPG

Az4.JPG

Az5.JPG

Az6.JPG

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

For those of you who like blink-182 after Travis joined the band:

2000-08-06 Fox, The Teen Choice Awards 2000 (Santa Monica, CA - Barker Hangar, Santa Monica Airport)

Check out 0:11 and 2:12

Wow great find !!!!! Always cool seeing Blink at award shows, at 2:12 there's Mark and Tom by the way !

found poster for this show

6/23/2004: The band performs at Cricket Pavilion in Phoenix, Arizona. Other bands include No Doubt, Phantom Planet and Motion City Soundtrack.
s-l1600.jpg

6/20/2012: The band performs at Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow, Scotland. Other bands include The All American Rejects and Twin Atlantic.

s-l1600.jpg

7/8/1999: The band performs at Kingdome Parking Lot in Seattle, Washington.

s-l400.jpg

found backstage laminate pass for this show

7/31/1998: The band performs at Timberbowl (Big Stink '98) in Estacada, Oregon. 

s-l400.jpg

8/6/2014: The band performs at O2 Academy Brixton in London, beginning the fourth leg of the 20th Anniversary Tour.

s-l1600.jpg

found an old school interview from @veeRob interviewing Tom during this show

7/5/1997: The band performs at Boreal Ridge in Soda Springs, California.

Rob Perelman runs san diego rocks which focuses on san diego music and concerts in the area. This is his interview with tom from blink 182. All rob's questions are in bold.

My name's Tom from Blink-182. We've been together for about four years now. I play guitar/vocals. Mark Hoppus plays bass and vocals. Scott Raynor plays drums. Mark's twenty-three, Scott's eighteen, and I'm nineteen, soon to be twenty in December...soon to be twenty-one, I'm twenty! [laughs] And then I'll...I've been drinking a little bit...and then I'll be able to drink legally. [laughs, then someone starts laughing at Tom] Hey, what are you laughing at?

So what's all this talk about major labels maybe signing you guys?

I'll give you the scoop. Cargo's trying to sell the whole company to MCA. MCA's going to buy out all of Cargo, maybe. So if we don't sign to a major that we choose to like, we might have to end up going to MCA which might not be the best label to be on out of all of them that we choose, you know. We don't know. So if we stay on Cargo, chance's are we'll go to MCA, anyways. If we don't stay on Cargo, then we can choose at least one that will be better for us. We're gonna be on a major, regardless, even if it's not our choice. But it is our choice, we don't care about the sell-out thing. We just wanna be able to sell albums and go as far as we can, you know, with no obstacles.

Where would you want to go if you could just pick a label?

Uhh, we're talking about Interscope 'cause they're like a big, independent label owned by like one guy. There's like four guys that own it. But it's basically like an independent label with lots of money. That's all it is. It's not like, corporate affiliated. It has distribution through MCA, but other than that, it's like a regular indie label but just bigger.

What's it like playing a big show like this after playing all those little SOMA side shows and all that kind of stuff?

Umm, it's fucking...it's great! It's just rad to hang out with the bands we're so influenced by, like NOFX -- we're in their dressing room right now and El Hefe's getting a massage. I can look over there and just go, "Fuck, you know, I wish I could play like, guitar like you can." [laughs] It's rad! You get everybody there at one time rather than trying to play four times and play to all the same people, you play one show with everyone there at one time and it's a lot of fun.

Did you guys ever think you'd get this big?

I don't know what 'this big' means. Uhh...

Well, I mean, did you think you'd be playing sideshows at SOMA for the rest of your life or did you think, "Oh, yah, we're gonna be playing some huge punk rock festival?"

You know, like when I first started writing songs, I knew...I'm all, Fuck, I like these songs a lot. I'm all, I think someone else will like them. I'm all...I honestly thought these songs were cool, but I never really thought of playing in front of seven thousand people, you know. I'd never thought that we'd sell enough albums or go on tour. I don't know what I thought. I just thought they were good songs. I thought people would like them. But now that it's happened, it's just really weird. When I stop and think about it, it's really humbling to think that I was just in a garage by myself, you know, three or four years ago. It's crazy.

And now where are you?

Now we're touring on our own and we've sold somewhere between forty and fifty thousand albums and, uhh, we're having a lot of fun playing with our peers.

Isn't it true that you guys are the biggest selling album on Cargo?

It's true, but I think it's only because there's a scene developed around the punk scene. Rocket from the Crypt, Drive Like Jehu, or Three Mile Pilot, or all those bands, they all signed, but...Uncle Joe's, fluf...there's no scene around their style of music so they don't have the capacity to sell those albums that the punk rock industry has, you know? That's the only reason, I think. That's why we've sold that many albums more than they have, because there's no kids out there looking to buy those albums. They've never heard their music before, maybe...I don't know.

Are you guys hooking up with Dance Hall Crashers since you've been playing so many shows with them?

Mark...this is so...you can't tell anybody this, even though it's in the fanzine. [laughs] Mark's in love with Elyse and I love Karina. One day we'll all marry and make happy families.

What about the other guys from Dance Hall Crashers?

I don't like the other guys in Dance Hall Crashers...I'm not in love with them.

I guess you'll leave them for Scott, maybe?

Scott has a girlfriend in Phoenix.

So he must have been stoked to play that show yesterday (in Phoenix). Yah, he was stoked...he was out there for like a week before. We came out there and he was all, "Oh, are you gonna bring my drumsticks?" He's been humping too much.

Tell me about that Poway show that you were almost going to play, but not really.

Well Poway, for the first time, at this place called the Elk's Lodge, started to have a couple of punk shows. We're all, "Fuck!" At least me because I grew up in Poway and I'm so, like, Poway, like, patriotic. You know, I'm like, I would do anything to play a Poway show. It didn't pull through. I wanted to. Pivit's good friends of ours and at least they got to play but I would love to play a Poway show...anytime, anywhere...personal.

Anything else you want to say to the Internet world out there?

Send Mark Hoppus on the Internet -- I don't know his address -- some naked pictures and then I'll look at them and masturbate. [laughs]

Guys or girls?

Uhh, animals, preferably.

https://web.archive.org/web/19970123202502/http://warpedtour.com:80/grinds/july5.html

New date to add (found ticket stub for this show)

09/17/2001 The band performs at the "Raising The Roof" at the State Fair Arena in Oklahoma.

klqh96a7p8m11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&s

found ticket stub for this show

9/14/1997: The band performs at The Grind in Sacramento, California.

mzscghytb8m11.jpg

found flyer for those shows

11/30/2004:  The band performs at National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England.

12/2/2004:  The band performs at Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England.

12/3/2004: The band performs at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England.

12/5/2004: The band performs at Wembley Arena in London, England.

12/7/2004: The band performs at Cardiff International Arena in Cardiff, England.

12/8/2004: The band performs at Nottingham Arena in Nottingham, England.

s-l1600.jpg

found poster for those shows

7/11/2017: The band performs at SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland. Other bands include Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls and The Front Bottoms.

7/12/2017: The band performs at GE Oil & Gas Arena in Aberdeen, Scotland. Other bands include Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls and The Front Bottoms.

s-l1600.jpg

found tour poster for this show

7/12/2012: The band performs at Echo Arena Liverpool in Liverpool, England.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

found poster for this show as well as a review

2/23/1998: The band performs at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, Kansas. Other bands include The Bubble Boys, The Aquabats and Mr T Experience.

1998-02-23-Blink.jpg

Originally, I was supposed to go to this show with my Punk Rock Goddess, Nancy. But, seeing as how it was on a Monday night, she couldn't make it. Then Theryn was going to go, but she couldn't make it either. So, I ended up selling my extra ticket to Avery. Yay. What a trade off. Avery instead of one of two beautiful women. Oh well. MTX was awesome, as were the Bubble Boys and Aquabats. Blink disappointed me tho. I don't know if I was expecting too much, or if they just played a shitty set, but it wasn't anything spectacular. I mean, it was a good show, it just lacked something...

found small review for this show

8/14/1998: The band performs at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, Kansas. Other bands include Mxpx and Homegrown.

I didn't go to this show, unfortunately. I was in Parsons, KS with my girlfriend celebrating our six month anniversary. I did, however, hear that Homegrown kicked some serious ass, and that MXPX was good. It was said that Blink spent too much time fucking around with the crowd between songs. I would have enjoyed that. I like it when a band plays the crowd.

7/25/1997: The band performs at Randall's Island in New York, New York.

s-l1600.jpg

7/27/1997: The band performs at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C

s-l1600.jpg

found flyer for this show

2/10/1998: The band performs at San Jose Events Center in San Jose, California. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

7/17/1998: The band performs at Strecker's Meadow, in Kenora, Ontario, as part of The End of the World Music Festival.

s-l1600.jpg

found ad for this show

8/22/1998: The band performs at Metropol in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. At this show, Homegrown and Loose Nuts are supporting acts.

s-l1600.jpg

found some pictures for The Show

2/3/1998: The soundtrack to The Show is released; it contains a new Blink song, "Mutt", which was later re-recorded for Enema of the State.

41462187_2075833019116451_18355427073222

found picture from the Good Times Tour in 1995

New date to add (proof of t-shirt for the festival)

08/18/2000 The band performs at the Highfield Festival in Germany.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

found t-shirt for this show

6/20/1998: The band performs at Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre in Irvine, California.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Other event for this day to add

6/1/1999: Enema of the State is released. It charts at number nine on the Billboard 200. It eventually sells four times as fast as its predecessor.

06/01/1999 The band is featured on the punk rock compilation "Short Music for Short" released by Fat Wreck Chords and includes the song "Family Reunion"

s-l1600.jpg

found poster for Enema's release

6/1/1999: Enema of the State is released. It charts at number nine on the Billboard 200. It eventually sells four times as fast as its predecessor.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

11/5/1999: The band performs at the Universal Amphitheatre in Universal City, California. This show was recorded and is partially the basis of the band's 2000 live album, The Mark, Tom and Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back).

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

New date to add (with proof with those pictures)

05/11/2001 The band performs at the Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood,California.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

found picture for this event :

8/12/2001: Blink appear at the Teen Choice Awards.

s-l1600.jpg

found picture for this show

6/23/2001: The band performs at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Irvine, California, as a part of KROQ Weenie Roast 2001.

s-l1600.jpgf

6/17/2000: The band performs at Idaho Center in Nampa, Idaho.

s-l1600.jpg

6/25/2000: The band performs at Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles, California.

s-l1600.jpg

5/12/2000: The band performs at Great Western Forum in Los Angeles, California.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

found ticket stub and pictures for this show

7/30/1996: The band performs at Northampton Airport in Northampton, Massachusetts as a part of Warped Tour 1996.

found ticket stub and pictures for this show

7/25/1997: The band performs at Randall's Island in New York, New York. 

7/17/1999: The band performs at Northampton Fairgrounds in Northampton, Massachusetts.

7/28/1996: The band performs at Hippodrome Racetrack in Montreal, Quebec as a part of Warped Tour 1996.

• Like 1

found pictures and schedule for this show

9/28/1996: The band performs at NK Hall in Tokyo, Japan, kicking off their second stint on Warped Tour 1996.* Blink 182 was opening for No Doubt.

6/9/2000: The band performs at Pine Knob Music Amphitheatre in Clarkson, Michigan.

s-l1600.jpg

found some footage for this show (Homegrown filmed their Surfer Girl music video at that show)

11/15/1998: The band performs at Kualoa Ranch in Honolulu, Hawaii as a part of the Big Mele '98; this was a random one-off date.

found Warped Tour brochure for the North American dates and European dates of the Warped Tour 1997

s-l1600.jpg

found small ad about Blink in a Warped Tour brochure from 1997

s-l1600.jpg

found small ad about Blink in the Warped Tour 1999 program

s-l1600.jpg

found pictures for this show

12/31/1996: The band performs at the Cox Arena in San Diego, California as a part of 91X's New Years Eve.

mark03.jpg

mark12.jpg

7/18/1995:The band performs at the Showcase Theatre in Corona, California.

scott03.jpg

9/6/1997: The band performs at Citrus Pavilion in San Bernadino, California.

scott08.jpg

found picture for this event

6/17/1997: Dude Ranch is released. It is co-distributed by MCA Records, becoming Blink's first major-label album. 

misc14.jpg

found pictures and ticket stub for this show

5/1/1998: The band performs at the Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, California, completing the mini-tour.

mark15.jpg

mark22.jpg

blink-182-1998-dude-ranch-tour-unused_1_

• Like 1