The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

On 7/30/2019 at 12:39 AM, Thibaut182 said:

New rare picture from a gig (looks for sure 1996 and the description says Blink 182 in 1996 at UNLV) :

61622157_3264923713533432_29874608044895

Thanks a lot for all the new entries. I'd like hear more about this picture specifically. Can I have the source of this picture please? I can investigate a bit more. All I know so far is that UNLV stands for University of Nevada, Las Vegas

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, Thibaut182 said:

8/20/1997: The band performs at Bullring in Pamplona, Spain.

Warped Tour 97 (Pamplona)

131867398.webp

This is the first time blink-182 ever played in Spain. Even though they are not mentioned in the ticket stub, they did play that day (apparently people pelted tomatoes at them at some point during their performance, will upload a video sometime soon of the band mentioning this in an interview that was recorded two/three years after this show). They played right after Down By Law. I know someone who took plenty of pictures of all the bands (including blink-182) - I'm in contact with this guy and hopefully one day he'll send them over.

Note the Bullring's name is "Plaza de Toros de Pamplona" so 8/20/1997: The band performs at Plaza de Toros de Pamplona in Pamplona, Spain would be more accurate.

I went to Pamplona two months ago and ended up sleeping in a van right next to this bullring. That night I couldn't stop thinking my favourite band had played there in '97. I was ready for it, all I needed was a fucking time machine at the time...

• Love 1

PSA:

alright guys. here's the temporary new timeline website. i was feeling tired of seeing everyones' contributions that were unable to be included. if you recall, the main forum post got too long to be edited, so it was at a standstill. so for now, i’ve finally spun off the timeline into its own site and updated it at long last. that’s right... i went through every last page of this thread i neglected for the past year and added everything you fine folks found and collected. so thank you.

but that’s not all! i’ve reformatted the timeline, cleaned things up here and there, added support acts where applicable at nearly EVERY show (some still to come, of course), and added random new shows i’ve found along the way (example: 7/7/1996 — let the debate begin!). i also found and added every special poster created for the california tour, and updated the cancelled late 2018 dates and the upcoming lil wayne ones. i also started on 2006 and 2007, years we were missing, but they aren’t very important. there’s a small amount of +44/AVA info in those, but not sure how much is too much for now.

the thing i definitely need to work on is finding what bands played what dates on the TOYPAJ tour -- some info was available, but for now, i’m confident this is what we have. i’ve also re-updated web.archive links, and tried my best to get it working. future contributions will get added as we go along, but obviously, please give me time haha.

some notes on the site:

it isn't done! if you can't tell, none of the links are appearing red/blue as i'd hoped, and my italicizations are gone as well, but considering it retains the hyperlinks, it's the best i can hope for at the moment. i've split up each year, and for some i'm in the process of adding nice pretty sidebars with posters/photos over the years for you to peruse as you read the timeline (only pre-blink and '95 done for now). the mobile version i've barely even touched, so please don't go near it haha. there's also general things here and there i'll spruce up as we go along -- fonts and such. i want to have a dark mode too (darkside?), as it can be tough to read on a white BG, so i'm gonna figure that out.

again, the giant wall of text isn't the best approach for this thing, but having individual pages for each date would be a literal nightmare. i'd love to make it look better but for now this is the best i've got. i just wanted to make it readable again and updated.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

@boxelder WOW amazing work !

Looks super good and hopefully more rare stuff will surface such as rare videos, posters etc ? 

found ad and ticket stub for this show

3/29/1997: The band performs at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia as a part of Equinox Festival.

1997.03.27p.jpg

1997.03.29.jpg

found some cool Scott pictures from that show :

1/24/1998: The band performs at Halgen Ranch in Geelong, Australia as a part of Warped Tour 1998.

13754082_1857628404458307_47942007419267

13707670_1857854761102338_44274315688215

13709848_1859343617620119_13195988434296

found poster for this event :

2/3/1998: The soundtrack to The Show is released; it contains a new Blink song, "Mutt", which was later re-recorded for Enema of the State.

41113260_2302254909995652_47792115742901

found poster for this show

9/30/1997: The band performs at Club Laga in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

43300258_2319760688245074_64046864862722

found very cool story (to add to the timeline)

Thanks to Matty Boles for sending this story and picture with Scott.
I just found a recording we did in your room with Paul back in 1992. 
Yep. I remember. I was there. Heheh. 
I would need to clear the release of recording with the guys in it first, been a few years since running into Scott. I am guessing he left Poway again for LA if he is playing in the Wraiths correct?
I can share this with you. A pic of us which got TD psyched up to be in a band, which he took over to create BOET
Spring of 92. 25 years ago almost to the day
We were young. We were a 3 piece, Scott and the guitarist were very much into the harder metals, I played bass and grew up on the 80s New Romantic and Ska stuff, Duran Duran, U2, English Beat, Oingo Boingo. 
None of us following the So Cal trend of Pop Punk. Suprised me when Scott went to Blink.
I think this was technically our first band and it was 3 really talented kids exploring music and putting in their 2 cents

18921178_2027272087493937_63314281609648

New date to add (as well as a cool poster and vintage shirt of my collection regarding the movie) :

06/12/1998 The movie Can't Hardly Wait is released on June 12th 1998 and both features Blink on the soundtrack as well as in the movie during the party being busted by the cops with the song "Dammit".

61627487_2469366236617851_96677674582487

egi12fy3rib31.png

found more info on this event :

2/14/1999: Mark watches Can't Hardly Wait, a teen film that featured "Dammit" on the soundtrack. Inspired by the film, he writes "Going Away to College" as a last-minute addition to the album. Travis has to return to LA to record his drum tracks for it.

found interviews of Tom speaking about the movie Idle Hands

4/30/1999: The film Idle Hands is released. Tom DeLonge makes a cameo appearance in the movie as Dave, a window server at Burger Jungle.

at 0:57

New event to add for this date (as well as some cool interviews, cameo, and Mutt song)

7/9/1999 : The movie American Pie is released. Blink as well as having their song "Mutt" on the soundtrack and in the movie during a scene where Jason Biggs is running to his friend's house also appear in the movie as themselves for a cameo.

Also the famous mistake that Scott was credited in the end credits as the drummer instead of Travis Barker the new drummer

at 1:30, Mark speaking about East Great Falls (original title of American Pie)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

PSA:

alright guys. here's the temporary new timeline website.

dude awesome! i'm happy to comb through for proofing at some point. at first glance, your main menu 1996 pic is from 1997 (may, at magic mountain with DHC for mean street magazine) and the 1997 pic is from good times tour 1996.

Thanks to @luisbootlegs, European Tour 1997 poster with Lagwagon as headliner and Blink and Pulley as supporting acts

11/7/1997: The band performs at the Rock School Barbey, in Bordeaux, France.

11/9/1997: The band performs at "El Antiguo" in Oviedo, Spain. Other bands include Lagwagon and Pulley.

11/13/1997: The band performs at Sala KTDral in Madrid, Spain

11/14/1997: The band performs at "Sala Zeleste" in Barcelona, Spain. Other bands include Lagwagon and Pulley.

11/15/1997: The band performs at "Sala Roxy" in Amsterdam, Netherlands. 

11/19/1997: The band performs at Babylonia in Biella, Italy.

11/24/1997: The band performs at LKA Longhorn in Stuttgart, Germany.

68720488_386551845385542_754578987726300

4 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Thanks to @luisbootlegs, European Tour 1997 poster with Lagwagon as headliner and Blink and Pulley as supporting acts

11/7/1997: The band performs at the Rock School Barbey, in Bordeaux, France.

11/08/1997 Bergara, Spain - Sala Jam (Blink played in second place after Pulley) - I'll upload Pulley and Lagwagon's performances to my YouTube channel soon. 

11/9/1997: The band performs at "El Antiguo" in Oviedo, Spain. Other bands include Lagwagon and Pulley.

11/10/1997 Vigo, Spain - La Iguana

11/13/1997: The band performs at Sala KTDral in Madrid, Spain

11/14/1997: The band performs at "Sala Zeleste" in Barcelona, Spain. Other bands include Lagwagon and Pulley. This is the last show played by blink on this European '97 tour. They had to fly back to the States after the show for some MTV thing because they were just starting to break into the mainstream. This is also the infamous show where Mark got completely naked on stage in front of everyone and dragged a guy off the stage pretending to be a bouncer while Lagwagon was playing - There was a stage invasion on that night as well ?  and this is also the show that Tom references as his favourite naked story on this video at 3:21 

Joey Cape from Lagwagon also talks about this show on this video. However he can vaguely remember the actual story:

11/15/1997: The band performs at "Sala Roxy" in Amsterdam, Netherlands. 

11/19/1997: The band performs at Babylonia in Biella, Italy.

11/24/1997: The band performs at LKA Longhorn in Stuttgart, Germany.

68720488_386551845385542_754578987726300

Note you were missing two Spanish dates. Added them in bold text above.

Will also post at some point a lot more info from this European '97 tour with Pulley and Lagwagon, particularly from the Spanish dates. I've got some fliers and tickets and lots of stories to share.

• Like 2

Does anyone have more information about this performance of Always?

The date says June 12, 2004 (same as here on the timeline), but they were on tour in the US with No Doubt at the time, so was it recorded at another time (like when they were in the UK a few months earlier) or is the date on the file wrong or was it not recorded in the UK?

9 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The date says June 12, 2004 (same as here on the timeline), but they were on tour in the US with No Doubt at the time, so was it recorded at another time (like when they were in the UK a few months earlier) or is the date on the file wrong or was it not recorded in the UK?

UK BBC radio around the London show in late 2004, I think. The day Mark called the album "self titled". My favorite Blink interview. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

According to some bootlegs on my computer: I have a folder with this live version of Always and a live version of I Miss You that were recorded in February 2004 while blink was in London on tour. I don't the exact date though. Maybe they went there the day of the show or maybe the day before the show.

I also have another folder called 'BBC Radio 1 December 6th 2004' with a full interview with them where they played Down and I Miss You.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

According to some bootlegs on my computer: I have a folder with this live version of Always and a live version of I Miss You that were recorded in February 2004 while blink was in London on tour. I don't the exact date though. Maybe they went there the day of the show or maybe the day before the show.

I also have another folder called 'BBC Radio 1 December 6th 2004' with a full interview with them where they played Down and I Miss You.  

I think they played Down in an earlier one and played Always and I Miss you in December.