The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

On 4/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, Thibaut182 said:

found throwback pictures from this date from the Warped Tour 1998 in Japan (featuring Mark Hoppus and The Vandals)

1/28/1998: The band performs at Club Citta in Tokyo, Japan as a part of Warped Tour 1998.

93478337_4053904954627337_78727662743783

93721138_4053905031293996_13881667890781

lol the one with the mask is the only one who didnt get the rona that night, good times

• Haha 2

found Blink promo picture collected from this show (as well as guitar pick from Mike Palm from Agent Orange)

3/29/1996: The band performs at the Prescott Fairgrounds in Prescott, Arizona.

Other bands include Agent Orange (headliner), Horace Pinker, Hero, and Sam the Butcher.

s-l1600.jpg

The show featured Agent Orange as the headliner along with Blink 182 and two local bands. My high-school friends were playing in a band known as Hero at the time and Blink 182 spent the night at one of their houses after the show. I was given the promo photo from one of the Blink 182 band members while they were staying in my friend’s basement.

The guitar pick…well, I grabbed it out of the guitar case of Agent Orange’s Mike Palm while he was on stage playing. The guitar pick shows signs of heavy use.

Blink featured in a how to surf VHS from 1997 :

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

found backstage laminate from this show

12/5/1997: The band performs at the Universal Amphitheatre in Universal City, California, as a part of KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

found Blink promo picture collected from this show (as well as guitar pick from Mike Palm from Agent Orange)

3/29/1996: The band performs at the Prescott Fairgrounds in Prescott, Arizona.

Other bands include Agent Orange (headliner), Horace Pinker, Hero, and Sam the Butcher.

The show featured Agent Orange as the headliner along with Blink 182 and two local bands. My high-school friends were playing in a band known as Hero at the time and Blink 182 spent the night at one of their houses after the show. I was given the promo photo from one of the Blink 182 band members while they were staying in my friend’s basement.

The guitar pick…well, I grabbed it out of the guitar case of Agent Orange’s Mike Palm while he was on stage playing. The guitar pick shows signs of heavy use.

yea that's the 1994–1995 promo. no way the band would have had any left in march of 1996. plus the band was touring in a van and staying in motels by 1996, not in people's basements. best guess is the poster is misremembering the date and the show was during 1995. arizona makes sense for march 1995 given their other dates that month. 

the promo glossies issued by cargo in the fall of 1995 after the august 3 name change are the same photo but with the 182 added. the direction of the text was also reversed, PO box mailing address removed, and tahoe agency booking info added:

blink-8x10-promo-1995-09.jpg
blink-8x10-promo-1995-09a.jpg

• Like 2

found ticket stubs for these shows (as well as a new date to add for the timeline) :

3/16/1998: The band performs at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City, concluding their stint on SnoCore 98.

9/30/1998: The band performs at Webster Theatre in Hartford, Connecticut.

12/20/1997: The band performs at Stone Pony in Ashbury Park, New Jersey.

51480007_131997044516665_631589795075042

found original news report on this show :

7/18/1997: The band were scheduled to perform at United Center in Chicago, Illinois as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1997-07-20-9707200093-story.html

found original news report on this show :

8/2/1996: The band performs at Action Park in Vernon, New Jersey as a part of Warped Tour 1996.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/08/05/arts/playing-loud-and-fast-for-seven-hours-straight.html

found ticket stub for this show :

7/5/1997: The band performs at Boreal Ridge in Soda Springs, California as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

social-distortion-vintage-ticket-jul-5-1

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Damn, I didn’t realize they had just played Kimmel before this quarantine 

Yeah that was with Goody Grace. They were here with Lil Wayne August 31st. Would you believe last year around this time I flew to Huntington beach Ca for the back to the beach festival to see blink? How much has changed in a year. What was the last concert you went to?

12 hours ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

Yeah that was with Goody Grace. They were here with Lil Wayne August 31st. Would you believe last year around this time I flew to Huntington beach Ca for the back to the beach festival to see blink? How much has changed in a year. What was the last concert you went to?

Damn that’s awesome you got to go to that festival! I bet it was a blast. I think the last concert I went to was Rancid/Pennywise. My buddy does a podcast and got me in for free because he knew one of the mercy guys. But before that I got to see blink on the enema tour, as well as Social Distortion within a week of each other. I have tickets for blink at Lansing Common Ground in July but I am assuming it will get cancelled :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Damn that’s awesome you got to go to that festival! I bet it was a blast. I think the last concert I went to was Rancid/Pennywise. My buddy does a podcast and got me in for free because he knew one of the mercy guys. But before that I got to see blink on the enema tour, as well as Social Distortion within a week of each other. I have tickets for blink at Lansing Common Ground in July but I am assuming it will get cancelled :(

Hopefully it won't be canceled but you never know. So you have tickets? Or ticket? Lol. If it's not canceled and you have an extra ticket... Lol. I'm just saying. 😋🍭

• Like 1

found show review for this show :

7/23/1997: The band performs at Pine Knob Music Theatre in Clarkson, Michigan as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

https://digital.bentley.umich.edu/midaily/mdp.39015071755487/196

"The best part of the show, though, was the fact that there were so many styles of music (...) Blink-182 offered pop

found show poster for this show (signed by Mark, Tom and Scott) :

7/29/1997: The band performs at Three County Fairgrounds in Northampton, Massachusetts as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

blink182-autographed-dude-ranch-promo_1_

16 hours ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

Hopefully it won't be canceled but you never know. So you have tickets? Or ticket? Lol. If it's not canceled and you have an extra ticket... Lol. I'm just saying. 😋🍭

Haha..funny you ask. I do have an extra ticket. I bought 2 general admission tickets the day they went on sale. Show is July 10, I’m really hoping it doesn’t get cancelled 

• Like 1

found more information on this show (from people that were attending this show) :

4/29/1998: The band performs at Henry J. Kaiser Arena in Oakland, California. Other bands included Madness, Dance Hall Crashers, Royal Crown Revue, and the Aquabats.

Curtis Meacham  I was backstage at this event...
Here's what I remember:

- The singer of Royal Crown was sick as a dog, but still kept his voice together for the show.
- I spoke with Travis Barker, right when he got done with practicing for his first set with Blink. He was super nervous and I said to him "you got this, buddy"
- All the acts were complaining that there was a second level of security for Madness (since they had their families on that tour)
-The wives, sat the children on the side, before their dads hit the stage

Leanne Hansen I was there! One of Travis's first shows sitting in with Blink

Middah Goodwin he played with both on this date, last official show with the Bats and first official show with Blink.

pd_77_  I was at this show. Maybe one of travis’ first shows with Blink? I remember Mark saying he was helping them out and talking to him before. I’ve always wondered if it was his first show with them. Madness was AMAZING that night by the way.

found picture for this show :

7/1/1999: The band performs at Orange Show Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California as a part of Warped Tour 1999.

found ticket stub for this show

9/4/1999:  The band performs at the Pabellon Olimpico de Barcelona, as part of Warped Tour 1999.

found poster and ticket stub for this show

7/23/1999: The band performs at Parc Des Illes in Montreal, Quebec as a part of Warped Tour 1999.

12 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

4/29/1998: The band performs at Henry J. Kaiser Arena in Oakland, California. Other bands included Madness, Dance Hall Crashers, Royal Crown Revue, and the Aquabats.

Leanne Hansen I was there! One of Travis's first shows sitting in with Blink

Middah Goodwin he played with both on this date, last official show with the Bats and first official show with Blink.

I was at this show. Maybe one of travis’ first shows with Blink?

it should be pointed out that travis played these shows as a member of the aquabats. he was just filling in, as josh frese had before. travis was not in blink yet.

• Like 1

found flyer for this show :

12/31/1997: The band performs at San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California, as a part of SOMA's New Year Bash.

Other bands included Save Ferris, Goldfinger, Dancehall Crashers, Unwritten Law, Guttermouth, The Aquabats, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Homegrown, Ten Foot Pole, Good Riddance, Strife, Fluf, G-Spot, Furious IV, See Spot Grove, 13A, Channel 44

96557809_863250880827127_704636802206741

10 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

found flyer for this show :

12/31/1997: The band performs at San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California, as a part of SOMA's New Year Bash.

i was at this one! i have a better flyer image somewhere... yellow.

EDIT: no flyer, but i did find this review written at the time

SOMA Live New Year's Eve
Featuring Blink-182, Goldfinger, The Aquabats, Dance Hall Crashers, and more!
San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California
December 31, 1997

New Year's Eve is definitely one of the greatest nights to be out on the town because you can always find a great place to go to—whether it be a dance club, party, or a fantastic concert. And on this New Year's Eve, the place to be in San Diego was at the San Diego Sports Arena for the 4th annual SOMA Live New Year's Eve celebration.

With thirteen fantastic bands on the two main stages including, five bands on the third indoor stage, and four more bands in the parking lot before the show, it was no surprise that the tickets for the 4th annual show were completely sold out before the show began. And when the show began at 7:00pm, the ska and punk music did not stop until 2:00am the next day (and the next year!)

The night started off with a twenty-five minute set of some good old fashioned punk music by fluf. This let the mingling crowd know that the show had started and thousands of people of all ages crowded the floor of the Sports Arena.

Following fluf were Strife, the Los Angeles-based hardcore band with some very positive messages. Throughout their half hour set, the lead singer told the audience to start the new year off safely and positively, with open mindedness and kindness. He told people in the now raging most pit to watch out for one another and enjoy the music, but have a good time at the same time. When the band wasn't talking to the audience, they were producing the music that made them so well known. And the music they played had some of the same positive messages that their spoken word did as they told people through their music to "fuck racism" and "fuck sexism." Strife proved to me that hardcore music is not just about anger and violence, but can also carry a very positive message for the people who take the time to listen to it.

As soon as Strife was through, Ten Foot Pole began their set, but many people in the audience did not move over to the stage that Ten Foot Pole was performing on because they did not want to lose their spot in front of the stage Strife just left. The reason for not moving was clear as soon as Ten Foot Pole was done—The Aquabats were about to take over the world!

Okay, so maybe taking over the world is a little extreme, but they sure as hell tried! The Aquabats took the stage and began their fury with lead singer, the Bat Commander, blowing a ball of fire into the air as the other seven members of the band began the ska music the Aquabats are unleashing all over the world. The Aquabats enticed the crowd as they performed all of the favorite songs from both of their albums including "Martian Girl," "Idiot Box," "The Fight Song," "My Skateboard," and their current single, "Super Rad." The Aquabats concluded their set the same way they started it - with a ball of fire - as the Bat Commander took out his lighter fluid and lit their drum set on fire, proving once again that The Aquabats are not a band that should be taken too seriously. Just listen, watch, and enjoy!

Following The Aquabats set, I stepped backstage to see what was happening (and if there was any free food left), but the music did not stop on the arena floor as Guttermouth, The Voodoo Glow Skulls, and then Unwritten Law did what they do best - make the crowds cheer and the security guards worry!

After Unwritten Law finished their set, I stepped back into the arena to check out the Dance Hall Crashers take control of the dance floor with their catchy ska sounds. Minus their horn section, the Dance Hall Crashers got the packed audience jumping and dancing around the San Diego Sports Arena floor with songs like "DHC," "I Want It All," "Last Laugh," and "Lost Again."

When the Dance Hall Crashers were done, people quickly rushed across the arena floor to catch Goldfinger performing. And those people who did get over to the stage to see Goldfinger were not let down as they powered through thirty minutes of some of the greatest punk and ska music of the night - and the year! Goldfinger performed songs from their first self-titled album including "Mind's Eye, "Miles Away," "Fuck L.A.," "Mable," and their radio-friendly single from that album, "Here In Your Bedroom." Goldfinger also played some songs from their latest Mojo Records release, Hang Ups including "Lonely Place," "Where Are You Now," "20 Cent Goodbye," "Chris Cayton," "Skaters Must Perish," and "Superman" which had Eric Zamora of Save Ferris helping them out on the saxophone. However, the highlight of Goldfinger's amazing performance was their cover songs. As Travis from The Aquabats sat in on the drums, Goldfinger's Darrin Pfeiffer took the microphone and began to sing a few lines from the Spice Girls song "Wannabe." From there, Darren got the crowd jumping to a very warped version of Chumbawumba's "Tubthumping." Then, John Feldmann took back the microphone and Goldfinger played two more singles—The Cure's "Just Like Heaven," and Duran Duran's "Rio" which also appears on the Duran Duran Tribute Album.

After Goldfinger was done with their unbelievable set, the crowd turned around, expecting to see Orange County's Save Ferris on the other stage. However, the band was not set up on the other stage and instead, informed the packed San Diego crowd that they needed to cancel their performance because lead singer Monique Powell got food poisoning. However, saxophone player Eric Zamora apologized to the audience and announced that they would be playing a free show in San Diego on January 23rd to make up for their cancelled performance.

Since Save Ferris had cancelled, many people had a few extra minutes to get something to eat or drink before blink-182 took the stage to welcome in 1998. About ten minutes past and then that is exactly what happened. San Diego's own blink-182 came on the stage to an enormous cheer from the crowd and began their 45 minute set. blink-182 powered through their set playing songs from their latest album, Dude Ranch including "Pathetic," "Boring," "A New Hope," "I'm Sorry," "Lemmings," and their massive radio hit "Dammit." Then blink-182 ended one of their songs, counted down from twenty seconds to welcome in 1998, and then picked up where they stopped by powering through the final 15 minutes of their performance. It was a terrific welcoming to the new year and from the sounds of the crowd, the year got off to a terrific start!

After blink-182 was done with their performance, I once again went backstage to wish everyone there a happy new year. However, the music did not stop as Good Riddance, Home Grown drew the evening to a close by performing for a half an hour each.

San Diego's very own G-Spot ended the night off right with the final performance of the evening. Their twenty-five minute ska performance made those remaining in the crowd jump and dance as they played some of their songs like "Shoot To Kill," "Psycho Luna," "What's Your Name," "3000 Miles Away," "Mach 5", and "Rocket Man." It was a terrific performance by one of the hottest local bands in the San Diego area.

It was an unbelievably terrific night of amazing music from some of the hottest ska and punk rock bands around and it was an amazing way to welcome in the new year. Once again, the SOMA Live New Year's Eve concert was a success and had everyone in attendance looking forward to the end of 1998 so we can do it all again!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Since Save Ferris had cancelled, many people had a few extra minutes to get something to eat or drink before blink-182 took the stage to welcome in 1998. About ten minutes past and then that is exactly what happened. San Diego's own blink-182 came on the stage to an enormous cheer from the crowd and began their 45 minute set. blink-182 powered through their set playing songs from their latest album, Dude Ranch including "Pathetic," "Boring," "A New Hope," "I'm Sorry," "Lemmings," and their massive radio hit "Dammit." Then blink-182 ended one of their songs, counted down from twenty seconds to welcome in 1998, and then picked up where they stopped by powering through the final 15 minutes of their performance. It was a terrific welcoming to the new year and from the sounds of the crowd, the year got off to a terrific start!

Thanks davey 😃

Since you were at this show, would you be able to confirm that "I'm Sorry" was played written in the review or is that untrue ?