The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

Correction and additional information:

8/30/2000: The band wins the Kerrang! Award's trophy for Best Video for "All The Small Things."

2000-08-29 London, England - Hammersmith Palais (Kerrang! Awards) - The band wins the Kerrang! Award's trophy for Best Video for "All The Small Things."

Correction: Took place on the 29th of August 2000 
Additional info: City and venue where the event was held.

The full Kerrang! Awards show was aired on British TV. Here are a few pictures from that day:

01ASVTSM?imageId=17522008&imageCode=01AS
the-band-blink-182-with-their-award-for-
01ASVTSN?imageId=17522007&imageCode=01AS01ASVTRC?imageId=17521965&imageCode=01AS

• Like 1

We only had one clip from that show that aired on Much Music and now there's the full show! 

Found full show for this show

10/2/1997: The band performs at Le Spectrum in Montreal, Quebec. Other bands include Less Than Jake and Frenzal Rhomb.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

We only had one clip from that show that aired on Much Music and now there's the full show! 

10/2/1997: The band performs at Le Spectrum in Montreal, Quebec. Other bands include Less Than Jake and Frenzal Rhomb.

54mins of the real blink-182 on a Friday evening. Perfect timing for watching this with a beer in hand.

Whats-App-Image-2020-10-02-at-22-44-42.j

53 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

Seeing him play with his guitar that low hurts my back. 

Blink would have remained fucking awesome had Tom been a little more responsible with his posture in his younger days.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, Thibaut182 said:

I've just finished watching the full show and decided to make a setlist and jot some comments down:

01 Intro 00:00
02 Pathetic 00:44
03 Peggy Sue 03:22
04 Wasting Time 06:15
05 Voyeur 09:14
06 Does My Breath Smell? 11:46
07 Josie 15:22
08 Dick Lips 19:39
09 Ben Wah Balls 24:35 - Scott leaves the drum riser during this song 26:59 and puts his towel around Mark's shoulders as a cape. As a result, Mark turns into Testosterone man 28:55.
10 Untitled 28:38 - Tom swaps guitars at the beginning of this song and starts using a Fender backup guitar which I had never seen before.
11 Dammit 32:35
12 Touchdown Boy 35:36
13 Wannabe (Spice Girls cover) 38:42
14 Toast And Bananas 39:31
15 M+M's 43:04
16 Carousel 47:19
17 Apple Shampoo & Outro 50:25

• Like 1

found more information about this show as well as the poster

5/9/2001: The band performs at Riviera Theatre in Chicago, Illinois. Other bands included Alkaline Trio and The Ataris.

EfEi9ohXYAAO5lP?format=jpg&name=medium

found very rare picture from the Warped Tour 1999 (unsure of the date)

DJtrgOUVoAAtPzt?format=jpg&name=large

found cool story from this show from an attendee that was at this show

1/21/1998: The band performs at TBA in Perth, Australia as a part of Warped Tour 1998.

Jason Smith On the Perth leg of this tour I hung out with Tom and Scott for a few hours on the balcony of the hotel just talkin bout skateboarding and music. Tom was a real nice dude but they're entourage/roadies were a bit lame haha. My buddies Bodyjar always let me tag along to gigs and after parties and have had alot of great times with them in the late 90's especially. Ahh to be back in my 20's again

Possibly a new date to add (I don't see it on the timeline) :

Shane Shallaway I saw blink at surfers paradise surf club for $12 when they first came to Australia. Always put on a great show

1/24/1998: The band performs at Melbourne Showgrounds in Melbourne, Australia as a part of Warped Tour 1998.

Ange Thompson  I saw them play for the first time on this day. I still have photos somewhere.

found interview from this show

3/29/1997: The band performs at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia as a part of Equinox Festival. Video 1, Video 2, Ticket

In 1997 the legendary Californian band toured Australia for the Equinox Festival.

The punk pranksters shared the line-up with Tool, The Mark of Cain, Midnight Oil, The Fauves and Skunkhour.

Whether it was the toilet humour, the dick jokes, or the bawdy on-stage antics, there was something about Blink-182 that Australian music fans adored.

So much so, that they trusted the band with some of their most intimate emotional experiences.

Ahead of Equinox Festival, Hoppus, Tom DeLonge and original Blink-182 drummer Scott Raynor, joined triple j's Helen Razer and Judith Lucy on The Ladies Lounge.

For a fairly loose segment called 'Dear Boy', listeners were invited to fax their questions to the station and Razer and Lucy offered them up to the band for their "masculine perspective".

In true Blink-182 style, things got pretty wild.

Here's what happened.

Dear Boy,

I like my boyfriend a lot. He's really cute and he lets me use his rather expensive rig and doesn't seem to mind that I'm a much better player.

However, he's always stoned. I feel alienated and distressed.

He's wedded to the weed Dear Boy, what can I do? - Josie, Glenelg

Tom DeLonge: That's an easy one. Grow your own weed.

You roll around naked in the cannabis plant, that way you always smell of marijuana. When he's around you, he's gonna think you're the marijuana and he's gonna like you that much more.

Mark Hoppus: If it bothers you, I'd break up with the guy.

Scott Raynor: You have to give the guy a chance to quit first, because if he really loves her then he'll stop.

Dear Boy,

I guess I'm one of those girls that Jude and Helen would have hated a lot at school. I'm leggy, evenly tanned, a sporting heroine and oh so popular with the lads.

Recently at a Year 11 party I found myself powerfully attracted to another young woman. The pleasure I took in her company and the attraction I felt for her is as yet unmatched by any mere male presence. I really think I'm a dyke.

What can I do? - Miss X, Ashgrove

MH: Go for it!

TDL: There's nothing wrong with that. I've got a song about it.

*strums guitar and sings*, 'Go for it...' that's all I've got so far.

MH: You have to follow your heart and if it takes you to another girl, go for it. 

TDL: We'll be there right behind you…

MH: Watching the whole time, making sure everything goes as planned.

Dear Boy,

I'm 15, fit and male. I'm normal in every way. That is, I'm annoyed by my parents, I spend a lot of time on the internet and I obsess about my attractiveness.

The weird thing is I don't masturbate much, I'm talking once a month.

Am I a complete fruit loop? – Andy

MH: Yeah, you're a freak of nature.

TDL: Considering I do it ten times a day I would think that he's way off and I'm normal, right?

MH: I suggest frequent masturbation.

TDL: To get over any problem we usually suggest masturbation but for a masturbatory problem we would suggest, you know, taking it out to dinner.

Dear Boy,

Do boys like make-up or what?

Frankly I'm really bad at putting it on and even with professional application I feel like a goose.

Should I bother? I'm really hanging out for a root. Eleanor - Qld

MH: You should wear whatever you want to.

If you don't feel like wearing make-up, don't wear make-up. If you feel a little pretty, a little sassy, a little saucy putting on some make-up, go ahead and slap a few pounds on or whatever.

I love make-up and I wear it all the time by myself.

Dear Boy,

It is my dream to become a vigneron (winemaker). From an early age I have been obsessed by the Château's Margaux, Rothschild and La Lagune. Viticulture is my life.

However, I come from a family of resolute Cold Duck drinkers and they refuse to support me financially or emotionally.

What can I do? I live with philistines! I just know that I would be a gifted winemaker. - Anthony, Newcastle

MH: I think that he could really turn this whole thing around into a triumph of the human spirit.

He should leave his family. Follow his own dream. Follow his own heart and go out and be the best darn winemaker there is. 

Dear Boy,

I was at this party, and a couple of friends and I were totally blind drunk in a big, dark room and my cousin happened to be there. I didn't know who she was at the time and we sort of had sex.

What should I do? - Mr X

MH: Sort of had sex?!

TDL: I wrote a song about that one…

*strums guitar and sings*, 'Sort of had sex with his cousin…' that's all I've got so far.

MH: It's really an ethical question for you because when you have sex with someone you're related to, that's how the royal families got all jacked up with four-legged babies and things like that.

TDL: If you guys both consented to it…you know what we need? More grant money to continue the research and if you have any kind of films or tapes of the thing then send them over here and we'll go over them.

https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/features/blink-182-advice-90s-triple-j-callers-helen-razer-judith-lucy/12743238

• Like 2

found shirt for this show (notice it's Blink pre-182 on the shirt too!) :

4/29/1995: The band performs at Missile Park in San Diego, California, as a part of May Day Festival

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

found ticket stub for this show

6/17/1995: The band performs at SOMA in San Diego, California

Other bands included Buck-o-Nine (headliner), Sprung Monkey, and Schleprock.

121112346_10157522959272724_578359880047

• Like 3

Interesting that spokane show. I wonder if anyone has the full poster cause it appears to be cropped. Very few people have the aduio. Theres a few images that Ill try and share a bit later. 

Edit; also yes indeed it was at 5pm. I didnt go but I saw a website that had tons of show ticket prices and times from the poopoopeepee tour.

Found very rare picture of Scott (credits to allthingsblink182 on tumblr)

tumblr_mhhfuuImih1s15xkjo1_640.jpg

found ticket stubs for those shows (massive credits to Punk Rock BTV on Facebook)

7/20/1997: The band performs at Montreal Hippodrome in Montreal, Quebec as a part of Warped Tour 1997

7/28/1996: The band performs at Hippodrome Racetrack in Montreal, Quebec as a part of Warped Tour 1996

89123054_107605994196063_792808084894593

115991227_162687715354557_47507333141618

• Like 3

On 10/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, Thibaut182 said:

1/24/1998: The band performs at Melbourne Showgrounds in Melbourne, Australia as a part of Warped Tour 1998.

Ange Thompson  I saw them play for the first time on this day. I still have photos somewhere.

I wanna chase Ange Thompson in regards to those pictures. Can you share the source of that post so that I can contact her? - Cheers

12 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

I wanna chase Ange Thompson in regards to those pictures. Can you share the source of that post so that I can contact her? - Cheers

found t-shirt for this show

12/5/1999: The band performs at the Cobo Arena in Detroit, Michigan as part of a radio show for 89X CIMX.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

New date to add (Blink were also on the bill, but had to cancel due to a band member's illness)

07/12/1998: The band were supposed to play at the K-Rockathon 3 at Vernon, New York. Other bands included Eve 6, Third Eye Blind, Smash Mouth just to name a few.

found more information about this show :

8/1/1998: The band performs at Kitsap Bowl in Bremerton, Washington part of Endfest 1998 (Seattle 107.7 The End's Festival). Other bands included Green Day, Crystal Method, Eve 6, Harvey Danger, Semisonic, 

found more information about this show (we have proof of confirmation of Travis playing drums with Blink in February 1998, now April 1998)

4/29/1998: The band performs at Henry J. Kaiser Arena in Oakland, California

found more information about this show

1/31/1998: The band performs at TBA in Oahu, Hawaii, ending their stint on Warped Tour 1998.

New date to add (unknown month however but have the location of the show and the venue)

XX-XX-1996 The band performs at the Beaumont Club in Kansas City.

• Wow 1

found poster for this show :

3/13/1998: The band performs at Electric Factory in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Other bands included Primus, the Alkaholiks, and the Aquabats.

s-l1600.jpg

If anyone stumbles or know any leads on how to find this specific poster from the May 1st 1998 show at the Hollywood Palladium, please let me know : it would be very much appreciated! (someone I know is looking to get his hands on one eventually and I would definitely like to help him!) 😃

I appreciate the help in advance!

On 9/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, Thibaut182 said:

New show to add (no confirmed date but took place during the summer 1997)

XX/XX/1997 The band performs at the Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore, Maryland.

This is not a new show, he's just referring to this show:

We just need @boxelder to remove this entry which is wrong: 6/15/1998: The band performs at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. It is Travis Barker's official first show as a member of the band. Video 1

And replace it for this one instead: 06-15-1998: The band performs at Pier Six Concert Pavilion in Baltimore, MD - It is Travis Barker's official first show as a member of the band. Video 1

1.10.1997 (10.1.1997 to others: the band performs at Rochester, New York as part of the less that Jake "race around uranus tour"

I was wandering if anyone had any ticket stubs or images from this show. 

The show was broadcast on Modern Rock live (radio) with a few interviews. However it was missing a few songs. There was an audience version and the radio version,

Another correction:

7/1/1999: The band performs at Orange Show Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California as a part of Warped Tour 1999. Video 1, Ticket

This video link should be removed and added to the next day 7/2/1999 as it was recorded on the second day of the Vans Warped Tour '99 in San Bernadino.

7/2/1999: 

The band performs at Orange Show Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California as a part of Warped Tour 1999.