The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

We had the full TV episode of Blink on Loveline back in 1997, now here's the full episode from 2000 (with the exact date), new date to add

02/24/2000 The band are guests on MTV Loveline.

Tom and Mark talk about this show in particular at 8:31 during this episode (more information regarding this show) :

8/20/1997: The band performs at Plaza de Toros de Pamplona in Pamplona, Spain as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

Tom : Hey, we got pelted with tomatoes in Spain.

Mark : One time, we played in Pamplona, Spain in the same arena where they had the running of the bulls. And they were throwing tomatoes at us just like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It was awful.

Tom : I mean yo, they liked us.

Mark : Right, it's a compliment.

16 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

We had the full TV episode of Blink on Loveline back in 1997, now here's the full episode from 2000 (with the exact date), new date to add

Tom and Mark talk about this show in particular at 8:31 during this episode (more information regarding this show) :

8/20/1997: The band performs at Plaza de Toros de Pamplona in Pamplona, Spain as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

Mark : One time, we played in Pamplona, Spain in the same arena where they had the running of the bulls. And they were throwing tomatoes at us just like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It was awful.

I'm glad because they talk about my country 😂

On 10/30/2020 at 6:50 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Can't even imagine how many times I watched this interview, I know that part off the top of my head.

You are missing the funniest part. Tom saying at the very the end: They threw us paella! - so funny 😂

found flyer for this show

7/18/1997: The band were scheduled to perform at United Center in Chicago, Illinois as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

123209179_10159108883141514_749572511722

Found new date to add (not a precise date however, but it's either February or March 1998 as it's said at the start that they are taking a night off from their tour with Primus, that tour is the Sno-Core Tour 1998) :

XX/XX/1998 The band performs "Dammit" on the Mike Bullard talk show.

found other ticket stub for this show

2/10/1998: The band performs at San Jose Events Center in San Jose, California.

rkyfzkpk7mw51.png

On 10/31/2020 at 8:23 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Found new date to add (not a precise date however, but it's either February or March 1998 as it's said at the start that they are taking a night off from their tour with Primus, that tour is the Sno-Core Tour 1998) :

XX/XX/1998 The band performs "Dammit" on the Mike Bullard talk show.

My educated guess for the date would be March 2nd, 1998, since that was a day off and Mike Bullard's show was filmed in Toronto and they played Toronto the next night.

• Love 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:50 PM, Thibaut182 said:

We had the full TV episode of Blink on Loveline back in 1997

I think I posted about their first MTV, Loveline TV show previously but as most of the posts on this thread don't actually get updated on the timeline accordingly (I keep saying this: we need a new mechanism to update the timeline, the current one doesn't fly, we are losing a lot of information that never makes it to the timeline. We can't rely on @boxelder´s availability to do this job)

Anyway, there you go:

1998-02-25 MTV, Loveline (Check out the following video where Mark talks about MTV, Loveline and mentions that went on "last night".)

This entry needs to be removed as it's wrong because of the above: 5/1997: The band appears on Loveline. Video 1, Video 2

18 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

I think I posted about their first MTV, Loveline TV show previously but as most of the posts on this thread don't actually get updated on the timeline accordingly (I keep saying this: we need a new mechanism to update the timeline, the current one doesn't fly,

Don't worry, I've been saving everything that I'm posting to this thread so there's no problem in losing some information 😃

Also there's no need to change the Loveline date (it's from 1997, Mark mentions that the episode that they were on was aired again in 1998, it was a re-run and not the first time that it was aired on MTV).

found ticket stub for this show

11/20/1999: The band performs at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, Georgia, ending the Loserkids Tour.

s-l1600.jpg 

Possibly a new date to add (unknown date but it's from 1999, the other band playing was Crazy Town and they played in a youth and cultural centre that had a maximum of 300 people but 800 people attended the gig)

found very cool picture (credits to blink-182 TV+ on facebook unsure of the date though) :

120484122_192172782315209_67699987835888

found Warped Tour schedule for this show

7/31/1996: The band performs at the Capitol Ballroom in Washington, D.C. as a part of Warped Tour 1996

122448962_10158704556504605_848615690006

4 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Don't worry, I've been saving everything that I'm posting to this thread so there's no problem in losing some information 😃

found very cool picture (credits to blink-182 TV+ on facebook unsure of the date though) :120484122_192172782315209_67699987835888

@Thibaut182 Thank yourself as you were the one who provided a link to the picture above a few years ago. It's not blink-182 TV the one to thank, it's yourself. blink182 TV's just a cunt that reposts pictures/videos from different sources. Including my YouTube channel videos. I hate that fucking idiot, he never credits anyone.

The picture above is from 1998-04-25 Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium - Nothing new

The above is a good instance that proves why I worry when I say that we are losing tons of information 😔

7 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Also there's no need to change the Loveline date (it's from 1997, Mark mentions that the episode that they were on was aired again in 1998, it was a re-run and not the first time that it was aired on MTV).

I must be missing something here. Can you point me to the part where Mark mentions that the episode was aired again in 1998? - I can't hear that anywhere in the video....

Here's more evidence:

February 3, 1998

Also, if you get MTV, watch Loveline nightly at 11pm and you'll get to see Blink-182 appear as guests very soon. We'll let you know if we get an official date.

Source: @veeRob's official blink-182 site back then: https://blink182.veerob.com/old/info/news.html

We might need to change it since it's not a re-run (at least the news above, and Mark's interview on the bus don't suggest that it's a re-run).

I do think that Loveline was recorded in 1997 (recording/airing dates could be different). However we have proof that was broadcasted in Feb 98 and it's worth mentioning that on the timeline.

Something I can't get my head around is the live telephone calls during the show which suggest that MTV Loveline was in fact a live show. In that case you'd be right @Thibaut182 - And this makes more sense in general (The recording/airing date would have been the same, sometime in 1997)

1 hour ago, luisbootlegs said:

I must be missing something here. Can you point me to the part where Mark mentions that the episode was aired again in 1998? - I can't hear that anywhere in the video

i watched the MTV loveline broadcast in 1997. they were not on again in 1998; that was a rerun of the 97 taping.

19 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

@luisbootlegsThanks for the show name. Theres more image but they are online.i agree, blink182tv steals things, no credit given. Also he replaces the show audio with others. i wonder if there is more imaes from that show. I have that image that was sent in high res. But yes the guy (b182tv) is a total dick. And also hes getting a massive following. Well at least bigger than he should have. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 1:24 AM, daveyjones said:

i watched the MTV loveline broadcast in 1997. they were not on again in 1998; that was a rerun of the 97 taping.

I've spent more time investigating this and now I'm certain that the first broadcast didn't happen in 1997. I'll explain why:

MTV Loveline although it looks like a live TV show, it was not broadcasted live (the date that MTV recorded the show differs from the airing date)

How do I know that MTV Loveline isn't a live TV show?

Here's a picture of Travis from 2/23/2000: The band performs at the Club 600 North Plaza Resort & Spa in Daytona Beach, Florida for MTV Spring Break 2000 - Note Travis hair.

2000-02-23.jpg

Blink were guests on MTV Loveline for the second time on the next day of the show above: 02/24/2000 The band are guests on MTV Loveline - We know for a fact that this was the first day that the episode was aired,

2000-02-24-MTV-Loveline.jpg

Here's another picture of Travis from the next day 2000-02-25 MTV Fanatic Live (Washington DC) - Note this was broadcasted live

2000-02-25.jpg

Note Travis hair, how it differs on the MTV Loveline show from the other two days. We can conclude  from the above that 02/24/2000 The band are guests on MTV Loveline wasn't broadcasted live. Same as any other MTV Loveline show. It was in fact recorded earliear on and brocasted on 02/24/2000.

This news from blink182.com make total sense now:

February 3, 1998 Also, if you get MTV, watch Loveline nightly at 11pm and you'll get to see Blink-182 appear as guests very soon. We'll let you know if we get an official date.

Source: https://blink182.veerob.com/old/info/news.html

And also this video of Mark on the bus where he claims that MTV was on last night (1998-02-24)

Wrapping up: I'm aware that MTV Loveline was recorded in November/December 1997. My point is that the show was never broadcasted until 1998-02-24

That's the part where Mark himself talks about going over to Australia and Japan "in a month or so". He's referring to the Vans Warped Tour '98 which happened in Jan 98.

New correction:

2/25/2000: The band performs at MTV Studios in New York, New York for MTV FANatic. 

Should be: 2/25/2000: The band performs at American University in Washington,DC for MTV FANatic. 

This video should also be added as a link, even though the song "Aliens Exist" wasn't included in the MTV Fanatic TV show, MTV recorded this song and broadcasted it later on: