The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

Timeline update:

Higuer resolution pictures for these shows:

5/11/2000: 

The band performs at Coors Amphitheatre in Chula Vista, California, beginning The Mark, Tom and Travis Show Tour. Ticket, Poster

Other bands included Bad Religion and Fenix TX.

2000-05-11-Chula-Vista-CA-Coors-Amphithe

7/8/2000

The band performs at Waimanalo Polo Fields in Honolulu, Hawaii, completing the first leg of The Mark, Tom and Travis Show Tour. 

Other bands included Fenix TX, Less Than Jake, and Unit 101.

2000-07-08-Waimanalo-HI-Waimanalo-Polo-F

Also adding the name of the venue where this show was held as it's missing on the timeline entry:

7/29/2000: The band performs at the Main Grandstand (California Mid-State Fair) in Paso Robles, California. 

Never seen this shirt design before, I don't know if it's a legit and official one ? Here's the description :

This shirt was obtained at one of the Southern California area plays in summer of 1996.  I can't remember if it was a Warped Tour date or not.  But definitely summer of '96.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

9 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

Timeline update:

Higuer resolution pictures for these shows:

5/11/2000: 

The band performs at Coors Amphitheatre in Chula Vista, California, beginning The Mark, Tom and Travis Show Tour. Ticket, Poster

Other bands included Bad Religion and Fenix TX.

7/8/2000

The band performs at Waimanalo Polo Fields in Honolulu, Hawaii, completing the first leg of The Mark, Tom and Travis Show Tour. 

Other bands included Fenix TX, Less Than Jake, and Unit 101.

2000-07-08-Waimanalo-HI-Waimanalo-Polo-F

these things always triger nostalgia in me

30 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:
This shirt was obtained at one of the Southern California area plays in summer of 1996.  I can't remember if it was a Warped Tour date or not.  But definitely summer of '96.

Definitely not summer '96, he's wrong. That picture was taken in 1997.

The T-shirt was sold at the 1998-05-01 Los Angeles, CA - Palladium show, it's a bootleg T-shirt. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 11:15 PM, Thibaut182 said:

found new date to add (with proof of t-shirt)

08/20/2000 The band performs at the Terremoto Festival in Hamburg, Germany. Other bands included Limp Bizkit, Placebo, Beck, Deftones and Muse.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Here's another example of information which is still missing on the Timeline (just one of hundreds). It was provided in March this year, still no timeline update for it, I remember I also provided links to interviews for this day and they are now lost somewhere in this thread. The timeline doesn't get updated anymore, this  project is dead.

For the reason above I will stop providing information as it feels like a complete waste of time.

I will still try to provide corrections for new posts as much as I can. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and keeps contributing to this, especially @Thibaut182 (please never stop using this as a board for posting new findings, we all love it)

found rare picture (credits to blink182argentina88 on instagram)

Unsure of the date but it looks like Dude Ranch 1997 era!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFH19j6hp6W/

found ticket stub for this show (credits to Jeanette Brickner for posting this on facebook!)

2/26/1998: The band performs at Dane County Expo Hall in Madison, Wisconsin.

Other bands included Primus and the Aquabats.

116155711_10158869155141934_876792318768

found more information on this show

3/18/1996: The band performs at the Wreck Room in Atlanta, Georgia

Other band included Ten Foot Pole

found very cool story from a fan who attended this show (apathetic marsupial on Youtube) :

3/7/1998: The band performs at Memorial Auditorium in Burlington, Vermont

I met them in Vermont at a ski resort a week later, Mark walked in smoking a butt and the woman was like 'hey you can't smoke in here!', and he turned around and ran out the door. It was pretty amusing. Still have my autographed Dude Ranch cd to this day 👍

New date to add (with proof of ticket stub, credits to 22LT on reddit for those pictures)

12/10/1999 The band performs at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, California as a part of Live 105 "Not So Silent Night".

found ticket stub for this show

4/27/2002: The band performs at Shoreline Amphitheatre in San Francisco, California.

2swg4u6a2jz51.jpg?width=1536&format=pjpg

On 11/13/2020 at 8:14 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Correction:

1998-02-26 Peoria, IL - Madison Theater (Sno-Core Tour 98)

The ticket stub above means that the following show listed on the timeline happened a day earlier and should be removed:

2/27/1998: 

The band performs at Madison Theater in Peoria, Illinois.

We have proof of the ticket above now and that makes this show invalid as both shows couldn't happen on the same day:

2/26/1998: 

The band performs at Dane County Expo Hall in Madison, Wisconsin.

@Thibaut182
can you provide a link to the Facebook/Instagram post where you found the ticket stub above? - I'd like to see more information about this show to clarify things a bit.

I'm aware that we have this interview of Mark and Scott on the tour bus where Mark says "We are in Madison, WI" at the begining of the interview. This is pretty confusing now and could mean that the show in Madison, WI at Dane County Expo actually happened but the date is unknown (my best guess is that it took place on 1998-02-27, but this just me guessing, we'd need proof)

1 hour ago, luisbootlegs said:

@Thibaut182 can you provide a link to the Facebook/Instagram post where you found the ticket stub above? - I'd like to see more information about this show to clarify things a bit.

Sure! Here you go :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158869155136934&set=gm.291208945528128&type=3&theater

• Like 1

found another shirt from those shows (even includes the dates and the line-up!), little correction to add and massive thanks to @luisbootlegs the tour is referred as the Warp Japan Tour 1996 and should be corrected in the timeline and not the Warped Tour.

9/28/1996: The band performs at Bay NK Hall in Tokyo, Japan, kicking off their second stint on the Warp Japan Tour 1996. Other bands included No Doubt (headliner).

9/29/1996: The band performs at Imperial Hall in Osaka, Japan.

9/30/1996: The band performs at Diamond Hall in Nagoya, Japan, concluding their second stint on the Warp Japan Tour 1996.

116265405_296420828273567_32682141639006

found t-shirt for this new date

12/10/1999 The band performs at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, California as a part of Live 105 "Not So Silent Night".

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Video of what Soma looked like in July 1997 at a Save Ferris/ The Blisters :

• Like 1

New date:

I've just realised there's no information about these dates on the timeline:

2000-09-17 Los Angeles, CA (The Making of Man Overboard - day 1)

2000-09-18 Los Angeles, CA (The Making of Man Overboard - day 2):

2000-09-24 Solana Beach, CA - Belly Up Tavern (The making of Man Overboard - day 3)

Here's an interview from that same day at the Belly Up:

found article and review from an attendee that was at this show

6/19/1998: The band performs at the Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mountain View, California as a part of 105’s Big Frigging Deal.

5uecxalnhy061.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg

c6lkdalnhy061.jpg?width=2436&format=pjpg

Tom

"This one goes out, to all our fans To all the punk rock kids who’ve been into our band, But if you only know us, from this one song, Here’s news for you, We’ve been around, for 6 years long! So fuck you!!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

"This one goes out, to all our fans To all the punk rock kids who’ve been into our band, But if you only know us, from this one song, Here’s news for you, We’ve been around, for 6 years long! So fuck you!!"

yes tom started singing versions of this live in the spring of 1998. on a particular bootleg recording i have, he says (mock whimpering) "...and it hurts" at the end instead of F U.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:14 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Going back to the show from the the ticket above. It's confirmed, the show above didn't happen on 1998-02-26.

Here's why, I found a review for that date:

2/26/1998: 

The band performs at Dane County Expo Hall in Madison, Wisconsin.

Taken from the Daily Cardinal, March 2, 1998. Dane County Expo, Madison, WI. February 26, 1998.

Three loud bands and a Swiss corporation were on the lineup at the Dane County Expo Center Thursday night. As a stop on the Swatch Sno-Core Tour, Primus, Blink 182 and The Aquahats delighted a crowd of thousands with their power-chords and silly mimics.

First on the marquee list, The Aquahats played a surreal mix of catchy ska and comedy. Dressed in little red suits that were a cross between '30s swimsuits and Spider Man outfits, the band was joined on stage by goofy characters like a man dressed as a chicken and a gigantic horny woman. Refreshing, to say the least.

Blink 182, named for the number of times Al Pacino says the F-word in Scarface, based its approach on volume, rather than anything else. The band's songs ahout cruel girlfriends and body liquids are as predictable as threechord-punk ever was, and its attempts at humor are frankly annoying. It is clear how much these guys are in it just to the rockstars.

By the time Les Claypool's gangly silhouette was visible through the clouds of sweat and pot, the venue was utterly packed.

From Tommy the Cat to My Name is Mud to the even weirder stuff on the latest CD The Brown Album, Primus kept the Madison crowd pogo-sticking and gave a lesson in musical technique. As far as originality and skills, the band is definitely one of the best live acts in the industry.

Source: http://www.ram.org/music/primus/reviews/snocore98_madison.html

• 2 weeks later...