The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

15 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that's the date i talk about on the podcast. anne got me on the tour bus after the show. i helped raynor pack up a bit. he was not in a good way.

13/6/2004 The band perform at tweeter theatre. 

Found very rare photo https://pasteboard.co/JQBm2J9.jpg

Shoutout to Skatepunkers on Facebook for this amazing shot from the side of the stage with skater Steve Caballero playing bass with Blink! also that's Mark with the blue bucket hat and Lagwagon shirt 😃

1/31/1998 The band performs at TBA in Oahu, Hawaii, ending their stint on Warped Tour 1998.

156265730_4322696831074717_8930372484724

• Like 9

A correction regarding two dates in early 1998

Added this very cool poster for the two Japanese shows from the Warped Tour in January 1998 (now we have proof that Blink played first on Wednesday at the Bayside Jenny in Osaka and then played the following day at the Club Citta in Tokyo!)

1/28/1998: The band performs at Bayside Jenny in Osaka, Japan as a part of Warped Tour 1998. Other bands included 311, The Vandals, Die Toten Hosen and the Coke Head Hipsters.

1/29/1998: The band performs at the Club Citta in Tokyo, Japan as a part of Warped Tour 1998. Other bands included 311, The Vandals, Die Toten Hosen and Back Drop Bomb.

141927892_269647681410181_34023663142084

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, Thibaut182 said:

An update regarding the Blink European tour in November 1997

I had this in my archives from a french rock magazine from the 90s called "Rock Sound" and they had a list of future shows coming up and they had tour dates for shows of that tour (including two dates that weren't on the timeline yet however I don't have the exact location or the venue, for those shows).

11/5/1997 According to an article from the number 51 of the french rock magazine “Rock Sound”, on this date the band performs at an unknown venue in Lille, France. Other band included Lagwagon.

11/17/1997: According to an article from the number 51 issue of the french rock magazine “Rock Sound”, on this date the band performs at an unknown venue in Toulouse, France. Other band included Lagwagon.

Blink played 4 shows in France on that tour (Lille, Paris at the Club Dunois, Bordeaux at the Rock School Barbey and Toulouse).

blink played in Lille, France at a venue called "Le Splendid" on the 5th of November 1997.

The Toulouse show never happened. blink headed back to the US from Spain. Right after they finished their show in Barcelona, Spain on the 14th of November 1997

Blink only played two shows in France. Spain was the country they toured most extensively on that European Tour. They played five shows in total.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, loserkidsrabbit said:

Found rare old image from 1998. Anyone able to date this show, the venue  looks cool.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:01 PM, loserkidsrabbit said:

seems likely. It looks like barton theatre 1998 seeming as these guitars and basses and clothes were worn that day. A bootleg exists of this show but its short (cut)

https://pasteboard.co/JPeeV1i.jpg

On 2/20/2021 at 4:03 PM, Thibaut182 said:

I have this picture in my archives and looking at the outfits of Mark and Tom (white shirt and vans old skool for Mark and Tom with a white shirt and grey dickies).

I'd say in my opinion this picture is from one of those Australian shows in May 1998 because Tom and Mark are wearing similar outfits when they were on Recovery on May 16th 1998!

On 2/21/2021 at 2:26 AM, daveyjones said:

yes peachy hop made it over to the discord! when i saw this posting i checked my drive and sure enough i had the pic. from IG i believe. there might be more from this show, i will look!

It's not The Barton. Just checked my personal archives, the picture in question is at the now-defunct Playroom in Gold Coast:

1998-05-26 Gold Coast, Australia - Playroom (Scott's last show in Australia)

I'm also sharing a low quality flier of that show that I happened to have in my personal collection so that we can add it to the timeline.

1998-05-26 Gold Coast, Australia - Playroom - Flier.jpg

On 3/1/2021 at 4:28 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Shoutout to Skatepunkers on Facebook for this amazing shot

Shoutout to Steve Caballero himself because he was the one uploading this picture to his official Instagram account. I then shared the pic on Skatepunkers and then they took my post and shared it on Instagram. The great Caballero is the one to thank :)

Caballero caballero caballero, crema caballero! 

2 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

It's not The Barton. Just checked my personal archives, the picture in question is at the now-defunct Playroom in Gold Coast:

1998-05-26 Gold Coast, Australia - Playroom (Scott's last show in Australia)

I'm also sharing a low quality flier of that show that I happened to have in my personal collection so that we can add it to the timeline.

1998-05-26 Gold Coast, Australia - Playroom - Flier.jpg

Thats very cool. I did think it was seeming as the clothes mainly matched and the orange bass was used. Or "peachy" to Davey. Thanks for the info man. are there any more pics from there?

Additional infor for this show:

1/18/1998 The band performs at Milton Showgrounds in Milton, Australia as a part of Warped Tour 1998.

Steve Caballero also joins blink-182 on stage and plays Dammit on bass.

Vans warped tour in Ulladulla Australia that year looking forward to seeing Cab skate and the best I got was seeing Cab warm up before rain put a stop to it...... next best thing was seeing Cab on-stage with Blink 182

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL3ICcTH3gl/

• Like 1

Very cool addition to the timeline!

I had this short clip for years in my timeline folder and I've finally identified the exact date today!

I also have a picture of that day that matches the outfits too.

3/9/1996 The band performs at Centre de Rocher in Quebec as a part of Sno Jam. This was the band's first canadian show.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Very cool addition to the timeline!

I had this short clip for years in my timeline folder and I've finally identified the exact date today!

I also have a picture of that day that matches the outfits too.

3/9/1996 The band performs at Centre de Rocher in Quebec as a part of Sno Jam. This was the band's first canadian show.

Nice. where did you find it?

Just wanted to pop in and say it's so cool that this is still going and has it's own dedicated website now. I don't know if my Blink-182 in 2015: A Timeline thread had anything to do with the inspiration for this or if it was an idea that @boxelder had before I made that thread, but it's really amazing to see what this timeline has turned into over the years. I remember how time consuming it was just to make the little 2015 timeline of only a few weeks worth of events (and I got a lot of help from boxelder, too!) so this is a really incredible achievement. Super awesome. Keep it up, guys!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just wanted to pop in and say it's so cool that this is still going and has it's own dedicated website now. I don't know if my Blink-182 in 2015: A Timeline thread had anything to do with the inspiration for this or if it was an idea that @boxelder had before I made that thread, but it's really amazing to see what this timeline has turned into over the years. I remember how time consuming it was just to make the little 2015 timeline of only a few weeks worth of events (and I got a lot of help from boxelder, too!) so this is a really incredible achievement. Super awesome. Keep it up, guys!

Re-reading everything that happened and how it happened when Tom quit and Matt was hired makes me so sad. Tom was just fucking over us blink fans for so long.

Say what you want about Skiba-182 but it’s still a way better solution than having Tom Delonge treat us as fans of blink-182 like he did and having him string along both his band members and the fans.

• Like 1