The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

6 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Awesome, I just like having the discussion so I’m not trying to argue or come across as a dick. But Yea I don’t agree with the aged sweet pea at all. I’ve seen that mentioned on the sub Reddit. The first prototype I think was either seafoam green or surf green. But if you look at that picture I quoted above, it looks very much like seafoam green as it is appears a little darker and more vibrant than surf green. I think the issue is pictures of Tom are usually under different lighting which makes the colors look different.  But back to the sweet pea…this looks like puke and Tom certainly never had this color

Sorry dude. It's not seafoam green.

Fender CS Instagram post I took a screenshot of earlier this year alludes to aged sweet pea. 

Here's the guitar in Tom's home earlier this year:

fgr1gOw.jpg

Fender Custom Shop IG post of a body being painted 'aged sweet pea':

ie3CAb9.png

It is possible the color faded over time. That's why perhaps it was some sort of faded surf green that has some greyish tint to it.

It's definitely not seafoam green. Maybe we can finally put this one to rest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

And see this pic it looks more like seafoam green. Or maybe not. Lol they’re probably all just surf green

CFDECDC2-4-E6-E-4-C2-A-8-A3-A-E79-FD7046

It's the camera/lighting.

My cellphone camera does this more often than not to my surf green strat. If you saw it person and saw some of the pics I've taken, you'd think they're two different guitars with the same neck and hardware.

• Like 1

This picture has been in my archives for a very long time and I have recently added it to the timeline (huge credits and respect to Matty Boles on Facebook who was actually in the band for sharing this insane gem with me!).

A very cool insight regarding the story of this picture

I can share this with you. A pic of us which got TD psyched up to be in a band, which he took over to create BOET
Spring of 92. 25 years ago almost to the day
We were young. We were a 3 piece, Scott and the guitarist were very much into the harder metals, I played bass and grew up on the 80s New Romantic and Ska stuff, Duran Duran, U2, English Beat, Oingo Boingo.
None of us following the So Cal trend of Pop Punk. Suprised me when Scott went to Blink.
I think this was technically our first band and it was 3 really talented kids exploring music and putting in their 2 cents

1913941_145400676785_455484_n.jpg?_nc_ca

found advert for this show

2/11/1998:The band performs at Reno Livestock Events Center in Reno, Nevada

2cb1fe747c98c87a9b629dd7ac7544f0dcf61a2a

• Love 1

Another cool gem that I have had in my archives since 2015 that I wanted to finally share here (massive credits and respect to Eric Maggio on Facebook for this rare picture!)

Here's a cool story from Eric about that picture

When the original band was forming he asked me to learn an instrument and play with them. At the time I thought nothing of it. He was just Scott, you know He made some new friends after he got his drum set and I think he was trying to find a way to include me. 

Ha yeah I didn't even know that was his band until my parents showed me an article years later. Scott was my best friend from 3rd grade through middle school

12115457_10153885512444672_3963035086002

• Like 1

Found and added this super cool advert from CrossBeat regarding Dude Ranch's release in Japan (huge credits to wonderful_times_on_the_earth for this gem on Instagram!)

6/17/1997: Dude Ranch is released. It is co-distributed by MCA Records, becoming Blink's first major-label album.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQkh63WsuNl/

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

6/17/1997: Dude Ranch is released. It is co-distributed by MCA Records, becoming Blink's first major-label album.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQkh63WsuNl/

Nice find. I had never seen that picture before!. It's from the same photoshoot as the MCA postcard:

1997-06-04-Dude-Ranch-promo-package-sent

The postcard dates it back to 4/97 (I'm assuming they refer to April 1997). Would love to know where and when that photoshoot took place precisely, it's one of my favourite ones. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, Thibaut182 said:

This picture has been in my archives for a very long time and I have recently added it to the timeline (huge credits and respect to Matty Boles on Facebook who was actually in the band for sharing this insane gem with me!).

A very cool insight regarding the story of this picture

I can share this with you. A pic of us which got TD psyched up to be in a band, which he took over to create BOET
Spring of 92. 25 years ago almost to the day
We were young. We were a 3 piece, Scott and the guitarist were very much into the harder metals, I played bass and grew up on the 80s New Romantic and Ska stuff, Duran Duran, U2, English Beat, Oingo Boingo.
None of us following the So Cal trend of Pop Punk. Suprised me when Scott went to Blink.
I think this was technically our first band and it was 3 really talented kids exploring music and putting in their 2 cents

1913941_145400676785_455484_n.jpg?_nc_ca

What a pity the picture's expired. Can you reupload please? - I missed it.

On 6/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Another cool gem that I have had in my archives since 2015 that I wanted to finally share here (massive credits and respect to Eric Maggio on Facebook for this rare picture!)

Here's a cool story from Eric about that picture

When the original band was forming he asked me to learn an instrument and play with them. At the time I thought nothing of it. He was just Scott, you know He made some new friends after he got his drum set and I think he was trying to find a way to include me. 

Ha yeah I didn't even know that was his band until my parents showed me an article years later. Scott was my best friend from 3rd grade through middle school

Spoke with the guy, here's more info about that picture provided by himself:

Scott and I were best friends growing up. He was my neighbor for a while in RB when he lived there. That picture was taken in the late 80’s when he moved to Poway by painted rock elementary. We were in his driveway of his house making wooden swords. That was the house where his mom bought him his first drum set. His dad and brother used to work on their mustangs in that driveway often. I was just his friend through elementary and middle school. Before he was part of blink.

Recent very cool discoveries:

Added a new date with proof of flyer (huge credits to NowFollowing on Twitter for this flyer!):

8/10/1995: The band performs at Gig’s in Anchorage, Alaska.

E5QtcAEVoAAG2zp?format=jpg&name=medium

Found another flyer for this show (huge mention and huge credits to Mike Cantrell on Facebook for sending this to me!)

10/21/1995: The band performs at the Showcase Theater in Corona, California

207086816_1488124008200307_4138299700637

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Added a new date with proof of flyer (huge mention and huge credits to Mike Cantrell on Facebook for sending this to me!)

10/31/1994: The band performs at the Showcase Theatre in Corona, California. Other bands included Backside.

207086816_1488124008200307_4138299700637

Hey @Thibaut182 - hold fire on this one. There is something wrong with that date. I can barely read the date on the flier on the left hand side but I think it says SAT OCT 31 - 

The 31st of October 1994 was a Monday. Can't be 1994.

2 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

Hey @Thibaut182 - hold fire on this one. There is something wrong with that date. I can barely read the date on the flier on the left hand side but I think it says SAT OCT 31 - 

The 31st of October 1994 was a Monday. Can't be 1994.

Correct you are absolutely right, I just did my research and it appears that this is another version of a flyer that we already have in the timeline!

This is the exact date of the show :

11 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Correct you are absolutely right, I just did my research and it appears that this is another version of a flyer that we already have in the timeline!

This is the exact date of the show :

Got higher res pics, any doubt is cleared now. These should go to the timeline:

1995-10-21 Corona, CA - Showcase Theatre

1995-10-21-Corona-CA-Showcase-Theatre-2-

1996-01-06 Corona, CA - Showcase Theatre

1996-01-06-Corona-CA-Showcase-Theatre-1-

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Recent very cool discoveries:

Added a new date with proof of flyer (huge credits to NowFollowing on Twitter for this flyer!):

8/10/1995: The band performs at Gig’s in Anchorage, Alaska.

E5QtcAEVoAAG2zp?format=jpg&name=medium

Note blink also played there the next day (all ages show) 8/11/1995: The band performs at Gig’s in Anchorage, Alaska.

None of these are registered on the timeline yet.

• Like 2

Added this advert for this show and we have now the correct line-up as well (huge credits and shout-out to Diverse Emerging Music Organization on Facebook for this gem!)

7/22/1996: The band performs at First Avenue & 7th Street Entry in Minneapolis, Minnesota. ⁃ Other bands included Samiam and China Drum. This was an all-ages show.

211445837_10159346727653936_964117751657