The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

Found and added this poster for this show (also have the exact line-up too)!

Huge credits to Gigs You Missed on Twitter for this gem!

3/29/1997: The band performs at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia as a part of Equinox Festival.Other bands included The Fauves, Sprung Monkey, Fini Scad, Skunk Anansie, K’s Choice, Tool, The Mark of Cain, Midnight Oil, The Porkers, Mark Seymour and Skunkhour.

E51tBD3UcAg4HZ-?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Found and added this ticket stub for a new show that I have just added on the timeline!

Huge credits to SimonQuesnel for sharing this gem!

9/18/1996 : The band performs at Sona in Montreal, PQ, Canada.

for reference Blink played the same venue on September 12th as we have proof of this with the show poster on the timeline 😃

207167062_147294034173395_73518449516058

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

for reference Blink played the same venue on September 12th as we have proof of this with the show poster on the timeline 😃

I'm pretty interested in seeing that poster. It doesn't seem to be available on the timeline?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, Thibaut182 said:

This picture has been in my archives for a very long time and I have recently added it to the timeline (huge credits and respect to Matty Boles on Facebook who was actually in the band for sharing this insane gem with me!).

A very cool insight regarding the story of this picture

I can share this with you. A pic of us which got TD psyched up to be in a band, which he took over to create BOET
Spring of 92. 25 years ago almost to the day
We were young. We were a 3 piece, Scott and the guitarist were very much into the harder metals, I played bass and grew up on the 80s New Romantic and Ska stuff, Duran Duran, U2, English Beat, Oingo Boingo.
None of us following the So Cal trend of Pop Punk. Suprised me when Scott went to Blink.
I think this was technically our first band and it was 3 really talented kids exploring music and putting in their 2 cents

1913941_145400676785_455484_n.jpg?_nc_ca

Gosh!, I've missed this picture again. Can you reupload it please? - When I get the time to come to the forums it's always gone :(

• Like 1

Added the last footage for this show (Part 1 and Part 2 are already in the timeline and huge credits to Mindmeltvideo on Youtube for uploading this rare footage from a show from the Warped Tour 1999!)

7/14/1999: The band performs at New World Music Theatre in Tinley Park, Illinois as a part of Warped Tour 1999

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Added the last footage for this show (Part 1 and Part 2 are already in the timeline and huge credits to Mindmeltvideo on Youtube for uploading this rare footage from a show from the Warped Tour 1999!)

7/14/1999: The band performs at New World Music Theatre in Tinley Park, Illinois as a part of Warped Tour 1999

God damn, people that complain about Matt’s playing live never really payed attention to Tom did they. I don’t think he got one note right in Going Away to College. I had to turn that right off. 

Found and added a new show on the timeline with proof of a ticket stub (also have the exact line-up too)!

Huge credits and respect to Patrick Héroux on Facebook for sharing this insane gem!

9/15/1996: The band performs at the Marché au puces de Trois-Rivières in Québec, Canada. Other bands included No Fun At All, Bodyjar and Ten Days Late.

218634158_10159872217340820_268626874056

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:54 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Found and added a new show on the timeline with proof of a ticket stub (also have the exact line-up too)!

Huge credits and respect to Patrick Héroux on Facebook for sharing this insane gem!

9/15/1996: The band performs at the Marché au puces de Trois-Rivières in Québec, Canada. Other bands included No Fun At All, Bodyjar and and Ten Days Late.

218634158_10159872217340820_268626874056

What a rare find!.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Hey @Thibaut182. Let's discuss about the dodgy "Sept 12th 1996" show again:

177913897_106565654912900_90029690330782

I don't think that the show above happened on the 12th of Sept (although I could be wrong).

The 12th of September 1996 was a Tuesday and the flier states that the show happened on a Wednesday instead which is completely wrong. I think that's either a typo or that the show didn't just take place that day. There's something dodgy about that date.

Here are a few videos of Bodyjar, Ten Days Late and blink (unfortunately the actual date when it was recorded is not shown anywhere so the mystery is still there)

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 2:59 PM, luisbootlegs said:

Hey @Thibaut182. Let's discuss about the dodgy "Sept 12th 1996" show again:

I just did some in-depth research regarding the footage you posted and this footage is not from September 1996, it's from August 1996 (specifically August 25th)

Blink played the Sona venue in Montreal three times (August 25th with the footage of the soundcheck and the Touchdown Boy performance, September 12th with the proof of the poster and September 18th with the proof of a ticket stub)

Proof with the date of the soundcheck video at 0:07

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

Blink played the Sona venue in Montreal three times (August 25th with the footage of the soundcheck and the Touchdown Boy performance, September 12th with the proof of the poster and September 18th with the proof of a ticket stub)

Proof with the date of the soundcheck video at 0:07

Well, you are assuming a lot of things right there that we can't proof yet whatsoever.

1. "The soundcheck" above is dated as 1996-08-25 and here are my thoughts:
a) Aside from the date that the filmer put on the video we don't have a way to proof it actually happened that day. No flier, no ticket. I can't personally rely on that date although what the filmer says is worth to consider.
b) Although it makes sense to think that this video was recorded on the same day as the soundcheck, it could have been recorded on a completely different day. During the performance they are wearing different clothes than the ones they were wearing during the soundcheck and that is very unusual for blink if it all happened on the same day.

2. "The dodgy flier", I honestly wish this flier was never uploaded on the internet. it is creating a lot of noise. 
The 12th of September 1996 was a Tuesday and the flier states that the show happened on a Wednesday instead which is completely wrong. I need to stress this, the 12th of September is not a valid date. The only conclusion that we can draw out of it is that blink played with Bodyjar and Ten days Late in Sona and we have the videos I posted above to back this up.
209290527_139859844916814_23059254784138

3. "The ticket". This is the only date that we can claim that blink played at Sona 1996-09-18, it's a fact. I wish the ticket gave more details about the "other bands" that played alongside with blink that day. It would've helped a lot.
a) I suspect this is the ticket of the day when Bodyjar, Ten Days Late and Thicker played with blink (the show from the dodgy flier above)207167062_147294034173395_73518449516058

Found something very cool about the Sno Core Tour 98

Huge credits to Consequence of Sound for this interview with Bud Gaugh (from Sublime and Long Beach Dub All Stars)

At 25:23

“We were out on this SnoCore Tour as Long Beach Dub All-Stars. And we were playing with Blink-182, and this band The Aquabats from Utah,”

“And Travis was actually playing drums for The Aquabats. And [street artist] Opie [Ortiz] and I were sitting there on the side of the stage watching The Aquabats play, and Travis was just ripping. It’s like, ‘Dude, this guy’s a great drummer,’ you know?”

“We were like, ‘Dude, you should kick that guy off the drums over there for Blink,'” Gaugh joked. “It’s like, ‘You’re a way better drummer than him. And you know, Blink might go a little bit farther than The Aquabats do, so if I was you…’ And so we kinda gave him that nudge I guess.”

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, Elisa said:

Thibaut is just the best! 

We recently found out on facebook that there's a guy that said he still has videos of blink playing a benefit show for a kid who died and his friends and family in early 1997. We have the show listed on our timeline, someone asked him to put those videos online and he said yes but it was in 2016, so I guess we'll never see that footage. It would be awesome though because it's something we've never seen before.

Did anything ever come of this?

43 minutes ago, loserkidsrabbit said:

Did anything ever come of this?

I totally forgot about this so I had to look it up based on what I remembered about it.

Now we have a flyer from that show: 

FB-IMG-1627919875994.jpg

And this is the only video that was eventually uploaded: https://www.facebook.com/381974145196406/posts/2877586658968463/ (it was uploaded in 2020) 

• Wow 1

On 8/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, Elisa said:

I totally forgot about this so I had to look it up based on what I remembered about it.

Now we have a flyer from that show: 

And this is the only video that was eventually uploaded: https://www.facebook.com/381974145196406/posts/2877586658968463/ (it was uploaded in 2020) 

Thank you. I hope someway there's contact with this guy. Id fucking kill to see this. It might be the first recorded play of pathetic!

10 minutes ago, loserkidsrabbit said:

Thank you. I hope someway there's contact with this guy. Id fucking kill to see this. It might be the first recorded play of pathetic!

It definitely contains the first ever recording of Dammit. I was told they played Dammit live for the first time ever at this show (not sure if this is totally true though). The bootleg certainly contains Dammit and backstage footage of blink