The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

• 2 weeks later...

New interview addition to the timeline website!

found interview that was done the same day as this show (massive credits to Rock Sin Anestesia on Youtube for sharing this interview!)

4/23/2004: The band performs at Palacio de los Deportes in Mexico City, Mexico.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2022 at 3:31 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Here's the ticket stub: 

The opening band on the mexican shows was a mexican band from Monterrey called "Panda", these are two pictures and a video of Blink with Panda recorded on the same day:
 webpc-passthru.webp

ftravispro.jpg

And here's a review of the show (in Spanish) that contains the setlist at the bottom of the page:
http://www.oocities.org/mx/blink_182_mexico/

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:05 AM, veeRob said:

Just unearthed a cassette tape with a cringe (on my part) interview with Tom backstage at Warped Tour San Diego in 1996. I interviewed him, Fat Mike, and O from fluf for my public access TV show turned Internet web site "San Diego Rocks" and I remember Tom's interview almost exactly. Not sure where to upload the mp3 or if it necessitates linking from the timeline, whereever that lives now...

Hey @veeRob can't wait to listen to this interview!. Have you managed to upload the mp3 file?

New additions to the timeline website!

found much better quality footage for this live performance of What's My Age Again? (huge credits to xgabex on Youtube for sharing this!)

found TV advert for this show (as well as the Adam's Song performance in way better quality, huge credits to Music Television Promo Lover Jr and lucash on Youtube for sharing those!)

2/25/2000: The band performs at MTV Studios in New York, New York for MTV FANatic.

Here's a rare one for the timeline 🧐

For anyone looking for info on the Albany show, here's what's out there: SUNY Parkfest '99 May 2, 1999 SUNY Albany , NY SUNY Parkfest 99 includes 11 bands: Blink 182, Original P-Parliament Funkadelic, Amazing Crowns, Conehead Buddha, Me & Jeremy, Bim Skala Bim, Blue Oyster Cult, Method Of Groove, The Orange, Crash, and Shyste. Tickets are $6 SUNY students, $8 all others, and on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets at Copies Plus in the SUNY Campus Center, and the Siena Ticket Office. Ticket includes one beer or soda, one food item and tranportation. Concert will be held at Herbert's at Birch Hill with proceeds to benefit the Albany Children's Hospital. There is absolutely no parking at the venue. All ticket holders must use buses that will run continuosly fro Albany area college campuses. For more info contact SUNY at 518-442-5640.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20010117074300/http://www.amazingroyalcrowns.com/guestbook/guestbook99.html

1999-05-02 Castleton-on-Hudson, NY - Herbert's at Birch Hill (Parkfest) - Other bands Original P-Parliament Funkadelic, Amazing Crowns, Conehead Buddha, Me & Jeremy, Bim Skala Bim, Blue Oyster Cult, Method Of Groove, The Orange, Crash, and Shyste

Backstage pass:
https://www.instagram.com/p/lbb3D5O8sB/

• Like 1

New addition to the timeline website!

found ticket stub for this show (huge credits to Ron Hall for sharing this flyer!)

7/25/2000: The band performs a secret show for online viewers at the Casbah in San Diego, part of the Digital Club Festival, a series of concert webcasts from venues around the country

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10166805687690361&set=p.10166805687690361&type=3

some may have noticed i've updated the timeline site: it's got a new main page, with a smaller but still intensive HIGHLIGHTS section for more casual fans, and the TIMELINE itself still on there too. wanted to make it more accessible. mobile version is a mess -- please ignore for now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Huge and Major Update ❤️

At last, here is the second docuseries that is finally giving the credit and recognition to the Blink 182 Timeline website, giving some love back to all the hard work!

If you're a fan of the Californian skate-punk/ska scene in the mid 90s, then this is for you and I hope that you will enjoy my conversation and docuseries 😃

I am joined by my good friend Ian from Homegrown himself and we discuss what it was really like being part of the punk scene in Orange County and we discuss a lot of other topics as well! 

Would love to hear your feedback and it would be amazing to know what you thought of it ❤️ 

@Elisa @Helen Hoppus @_Bagel @daveyjones@wastingtime 

• Love 6

15 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Would love to hear your feedback and it would be amazing to know what you thought of it ❤️ 

thanks for doing this thibaut! this brought back a bunch of great memories. since i grew up in OC i saw home grown a lot. and also with blink. that's business was a huge album for me in high school.

btw, you guys talked about the album art. if you're ever looking for the old HG look, the typeface used is funkhouse by house industries.

https://fonts2u.com/funkhouse.font

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Huge and Major Update ❤️

At last, here is the second docuseries that is finally giving the credit and recognition to the Blink 182 Timeline website, giving some love back to all the hard work!

If you're a fan of the Californian skate-punk/ska scene in the mid 90s, then this is for you and I hope that you will enjoy my conversation and docuseries 😃

I am joined by my good friend Ian from Homegrown himself and we discuss what it was really like being part of the punk scene in Orange County and we discuss a lot of other topics as well! 

Great work, mate. Your research is meticulous and it pays off. Really well made. I don't know much Homegrown but I'm gonna start listening, I mainly focussed on the bits where he discussed Blink/UL.  Maybe one day...you'll do the Blinkumentary

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Huge and Major Update ❤️

Amazing work, my friend. I'm just watching and you know I really like to hear about what the California scene was like back in the day, so this is so cool to me.

Kings of Pop still rips. 

• Love 1

Thank you so much for all this amazing feedback, I really appreciate it a TON!

Oh also I forgot to mention but some of the rare pictures from our conversation are from Ian, those insane pictures are credited to him and he's really kind that he went looking in his amazing archives to share some with myself😃 

I made sure to find the original sources of everything I used in my conversation because you know I like to give credits where it's due!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, Thibaut182 said:

Huge and Major Update ❤️

@Thibaut182This is so awesome. I love Homegrown! I got in to them when Kings of Pop was released, but have been listening to the older stuff more recently. You are such an incredible researcher, and it's a testament to you as a person that Ian and others are willing to open up and speak about their experiences. Amazing, thank you for sharing. Now I just need a time machine so I can go back to those days...

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

New additions to the timeline website!

found ticket stub, newspaper advert and signed CD from this show (huge credits to Greg Cleveland for sharing those!)

3/31/1997: The band performs at Corner Hotel in Melbourne, Australia. Other bands included Living End.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10160407602906031&set=gm.5753159281445423&idorvanity=438140999613971

found new show to add (with proof of ticket and huge credits to user u/614tt for this gem!)

9/24/1998: The band performs at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Other bands included Unwritten Law and Assorted Jelly Beans.

qdnvyephdyx91.jpg

Source : 

On 9/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, Thibaut182 said:

New interview addition to the timeline website!

found interview that was done the same day as this show (massive credits to Rock Sin Anestesia on Youtube for sharing this interview!)

what an hilarious interview, thx for posting that valiant blink182 historian

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing this for historical reasons and because of the time capsule! same vibe to that other "Becoming Blink-182"

Shot in the summer of 2002

Credits to DJ Rossstar for uploading this on Youtube!

And found the full movie for Jailbait!

Credits to The Retro VHS Media Archive for sharing the full movie!

cameo of Fenix TX at 7:54, Dumpweed being played at 11:49

• Love 1