The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

On 7/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, Kjblink182 said:

@luisbootlegs @boxelder  See my posts on page 13 of this thread in regard to the flyer from April 16th, 1993 :)

10518222_666492910092093_469407758_n.jpg

On 10/16/2017 at 2:45 AM, Kjblink182 said:

The hand drawn flyer is April 16th, 1993 (Deduced this from the fact that it looks like a 16 or an 18, however, given it was a Friday tells me that it was the 16th) Only about a week after what Tom claims to be the first show! Fun fact, Tom drew this style blink on a desk at his high school and can be viewed on the MTV The Road Home 2000 Video here at the 8:34 mark:  

Also, I believe that Blink/Backside Flyer is technically post 182. I'm pretty sure its from the same showcase theatre show as I have the flyer for. October 21, 1995. May have just been printed really far in advance and therefore been pre-182, or they made the 182 very small (as is the case with my flyer). Or it could be a totally different show, I'm not sure.

The hand drawn flier is definitely from 1993 :), I totally agree with you on that one. However, I must admit that I can barely see any mention to April or even identify the day of the month on the flyer itself; the resolution is very low.

Can you upload your Blink/Backside Flyer version so we can compare between both versions please?

Cheers!

I think its relatively easy to deduce from the photo. First line of the typed text (not the handwritten portion), however, I can try to upload my file if I can find it and it's not to large for the showcase show. Also, although the Benefit Concert in the photo cannot be given an exact location, it is clear from the photo it took place on October 22, 1994.

Thanks to @daveyjones for putting those pictures 

found picture for this show :

7/2/1997: The band performs at Hospitality Point in San Diego, California, beginning their stint on Warped Tour 1997

jump.jpg

found picture for this show :

4/26/1998: The band performs at the Cox Arena in San Diego, California, as a part of 91X's and 106.3's Spring Fling.

jump-02.jpg

found vintage shirt from the Warped Tour 1997

062518_6810-800x800.jpg

062518_7134-800x800.jpg

On 8/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, Kjblink182 said:

I think its relatively easy to deduce from the photo. First line of the typed text (not the handwritten portion).

1993_Flier.jpg

Honestly, I've even put my glasses on. I can't see any date on that picture... (not even on the handwriten portion as you point out, it is really blurry).

23 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

Honestly, I've even put my glasses on. I can't see any date on that picture... (not even on the handwriten portion as you point out, it is really blurry).

we know the year is 1993.

looks like friday, april 16th. the "6" appears to have been darkened with pen. it's the only visual match for a friday in april, 1993.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, Kjblink182 said:

See my posts on page 13 of this thread in regard to the flyer from April 16th, 1993 :)

8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

we know the year is 1993.

looks like friday, april 16th. the "6" appears to have been darkened with pen. it's the only visual match for a friday in april, 1993.

You are both right guys. I've just seen it myself too (my eyes will hurt for the rest of the day though). Thank you!

@boxelder Can we update the date on this show please?

- 04/16/1993 The band performs at Alley Mrs. Meat Music Store and Cafe in San Diego, California.