The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

The guy on an unreleased song he has (and won't release unfortunately but understandably):

"This is one of my treasures. My 4th generation cassette copy of the demos the band made before recording Dude Ranch. I think the rest of the demos are floating around the Internet, but not the song I have. It's such a rad song I don't know how it didn't get released. I may have even asked Blink if I could release it and Voyeur #2 on a 7-inch. It's a Tom song with a rad Tom/Mark dueling vocals breakdown. My best guess is they found it too similar to another song on the record?

The Mark line was "It's too late, it got dark, one more day has gone by me" over and over again and then Tom comes in with "I'm not waking up today, I'd just rather stay in bed" so epic

@daveyjones do those lyrics ring a bell?

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

veerob has been up for a while. i messaged him on facebook back in like 2010! haha. 

so i want to update the timeline but it appears the main post is once again too long or something to save... and copy-pasting it deletes my hyperlinks and whatnot. so it may finally be time to spin this off into a totally different site. working on that now...

9 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

This is one of my treasures. My 4th generation cassette copy of the demos the band made before recording Dude Ranch. I think the rest of the demos are floating around the Internet, The Mark line was "It's too late, it got dark, one more day has gone by me" over and over again and then Tom comes in with "I'm not waking up today, I'd just rather stay in bed" so epic

no, i have not heard that song.

but he's referring to the dude ranch demo sessions recorded by warren fitzgerald (of the vandals) in the summer of 1996. the only demo material to have been officially released is enthused (on the 1996 australian wasting time EP). although there's also that brief snippet of apple shampoo which is on youtube. 

side note: i listened to the cassette in mark's car in the fall of 1996; heard dammit and i'm sorry; but don't recall the others. mark was particularly excited to note that i'm sorry was the first time they faded out the ending of a track. he seemed to think that was super cool, for some reason. it faded out, on the demo version.

i said it in 2017 when the anniversary came and went... i'd give blood to get a deluxe version of dude ranch with all the demos from that session on disc 2...

• Like 3

There's a treasure waiting up for any old blink fan behind this link: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/C3GbXpf3OgZPOprd36gbPzP5mzmW4ZOLZqFtR8xgIwZ

Includes pictures from:

- 1997-03-15 Big Bear, CA - Bear Mountain Ski Resort (Board Aid 4)
- 1997-07-02 San Diego, CA - Hospitality Point, Mission Bay Park (Vans Warped Tour '97) 
- 1997-07-03 Carson, CA - Olympic Velodrome. California State University, Dominguez Hills (Vans Warped Tour '97) 

Photos provided by veeRob858, the guy that's just recently uploaded the old blink182.com site on reddit

Enjoy!

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

also, PSA: @Thibaut182 @luisbootlegs @Kjblink182 @daveyjones

i said this earlier, but i want to repeat: the main post at the beginning of this thread is no longer saving when i edit it -- it's simply gotten too long. i tried to copy-paste to a new post, but it deletes my hyperlinks. my friend is a web designer and we're working right now to officially finally move this off to a real site of its own. at that point, i'll update the timeline itself on that site. we'll still have this thread, to post updates and whatnot.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, boxelder said:

hey @veeRob! welcome to the boards! i messaged you waaaaaaay back in like 2010 on facebook when i saw those pages! did you take em offline for a while or did they just resurface? good to see you here again :) 

Thanks man. I vaguely remember that 8 year old message lol. Did that conversation continue?

I never took the site offline but I moved it to the subdomain it's on at some point, hence your link wouldn't work. I just posted a Reddit thread a few days ago and it kind of exploded.

10/23/1998The band performs at SOMA in San Diego.

10/24/1998The band performs at SOMA in San Diego, concluding the second leg of the PooPoo PeePee tour.

That is not correct. Those two shows were postponed, due to Mark getting laryngitis, I believe. They ended up playing Nov 21 & 22 instead. Unwritten Law was originally supposed to play but they had to bail, so the lineup ended up Blink-182, Assorted Jellyebeans, Riverfenix, and The Classified. Actually The Ataris may have played and not Riverfenix. I have this all in my notes because I put out The Classified's CD so it was HUGE to land them two nights when they were originally only going to be able to play one.
  • Like 3

On 3/3/2015 at 3:19 PM, boxelder said:

6/21/1997: The band performs at The Nile Theater in Mesa, Arizona. Video 1

In discussing this video with my friends on Facebook, my Arizona friend said that this was part of the Dude Ranch CD release weekend. Missing are the list are the shows before and after the Nile, which made for a fun weekend for Dave and I to road-trip. On Friday 6/20 Blink played in Las Vegas at the Huntridge, I believe. Can't remember the rest of the line-up but I am pretty sure Pivit was there (listed incorrectly as Pivot on the 1/22/1997 show). On Sunday 6/22 Blink played in Lake Havasu at the Rattlesnake, where I mentioned on Reddit Mark doused me with a mouthful of water for no reason. 30footfall played on this show, and possibly all 3 shows.

By the way, I went to Lou's Records at midnight for the Dude Ranch release and snapped a couple pictures of fans getting their free autographed posted. One has the local band Gimp and the other has Chris Cote. Figured I'd share them.

00000629.jpg

00000630.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

There's a treasure waiting up for any old blink fan behind this link: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/C3GbXpf3OgZPOprd36gbPzP5mzmW4ZOLZqFtR8xgIwZ

Includes pictures from:

- 1997-03-15 Big Bear, CA - Bear Mountain Ski Resort (Board Aid 4)
- 1997-07-02 San Diego, CA - Hospitality Point, Mission Bay Park (Vans Warped Tour '97) 
- 1997-07-03 Carson, CA - Olympic Velodrome. California State University, Dominguez Hills (Vans Warped Tour '97) 

Photos provided by veeRob858, the guy that's just recently uploaded the old blink182.com site on reddit

Enjoy!

Wow ? 

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

also, PSA: @Thibaut182 @luisbootlegs @Kjblink182 @daveyjones

i said this earlier, but i want to repeat: the main post at the beginning of this thread is no longer saving when i edit it -- it's simply gotten too long. i tried to copy-paste to a new post, but it deletes my hyperlinks. my friend is a web designer and we're working right now to officially finally move this off to a real site of its own. at that point, i'll update the timeline itself on that site. we'll still have this thread, to post updates and whatnot.

I'll set something up to get us going by the end of today. Sent you a private message.

7 hours ago, veeRob said:

OK guys, I'm here. Thanks to ryan1125 for letting me know this place exists. I have a TON of information to update your timeline if you like. I have old wall calendars with a bunch of tour dates written in as well as some flyers and posters somewhere. Happy to answer any questions or clear anything up that I can.

Also @daveyjones I guess you know me, who are you?

Welcome to the party buddy :)!  

Thanks to @veeRob for putting those gems ! 

Found pictures for those shows :

1997-03-15 Big Bear, CA - Bear Mountain Ski Resort (Board Aid 4)

7/2/1997: The band performs at Hospitality Point in San Diego, California, beginning their stint on Warped Tour 1997

7/3/1997: The band performs at Cal State Dominguez Hills in Carson, California.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/C3GbXpf3OgZPOprd36gbPzP5mzmW4ZOLZqFtR8xgIwZ?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&mgh=1