The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

15 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

ince you were at this show, would you be able to confirm that "I'm Sorry" was played

i dunno, you tell me if you can remember one small detail of one single night twenty-three years ago!

no i don't recall. but i really, really, really doubt it. if they played it, i would have been blown away and it would have really stood out to me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i was at this one! i have a better flyer image somewhere... yellow.

EDIT: no flyer, but i did find this review written at the time

This is an awesome review, and it's really wild to remember how long their history with Feldmann goes back. Travis was playing drums with Goldfinger for part of this show, crazy! Haha. I find Feldmann to be offputting in just about every way nowadays but that is pretty cool to see.

Also when I was first getting into punk/ska I fucking loved that era of Goldfinger. I was only 8 at the time of this show haha so I wasn't listening to them at that time yet, but I discovered those albums growing up and listened to them a ton. I saw them live much later (around 04-05-06 or something?) and they were still an incredible live act.

found cool story on this show :

5/18/1996: The band performs at the Metro Theatre in Sydney, Australia. Other bands include Bodyjar and Hammonds. Possibly that Pennywise was on the bill too but not on the flyer ? (as mentionned underneath) 

Chris Peterson I went to a Pennywise show at the Metro in Sydney, Australia in 1996. Me and a couple mates got there early and had a few beers in the bar, there was this young American dude siting at the bar drinking a beer we got to talking, he was mostly excited that he was allowed to have a beer being the legal age is 18 not 21. After a while another American dude comes over to the bar, sits down and orders a beer, we were just chatting over a couple beers and one dude says "hey man nice to met you Im Scott we gotta go we are up next." It was Scott and Tom from Blink, at the time I and most of the other people there had never heard of these guys. There were about 50 people there watching their set, by the time Pennywise took the stage it was a full house of over 800 people. Crazy to think how big these guys would be just a few years after that night!

Undated from 1998 : 

Blink is featured on a ska compilation called "Ska Trax : The New Generation" released by Universal Music Canada. Song included is Dammit.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpgOther event for this date to add in addition to the show : 10/13/1998: The band performs at Tipitina's in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The band is featured on a Vagrant Records sampler called "Five Years On The Streets" with the songs "Dancing With Myself" and "Good Times" 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

found compilation CD released only for this festival

8/24/1997: The band performs at Spijk en Bremerberg in Dronten, Holland, as a part of Lowlands Festival.

Blink is featured on the "A Campingflight to Lowlands Paradise 1997" CD with their song "Wrecked Him".

R-1534596-1417714693-2796.jpeg.jpg

R-1534596-1417714694-4751.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

found new date to add

8/6/2000 The band accepts an award at the Teen Choice Awards in 2000 for "Choice Rock Group" with their music video for Adam's Song.

found rare video of MTV with Blink 182 (from 2000 as they mention The Mark, Tom and Travis Show)

11 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Found very rare cool picture of Tom with his iconic guitar (unsure of the date though, but certainly Warped Tour 1997):

pdeplw7d85w31.png

1997-07-03 Carson, CA - Olympic Velodrome. California State University, Dominguez Hills (Vans Warped Tour '97) - this is one of vRob's pictures

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 11:45 PM, Thibaut182 said:

found cool story on this show :

5/18/1996: The band performs at the Metro Theatre in Sydney, Australia. Other bands include Bodyjar and Hammonds. Possibly that Pennywise was on the bill too but not on the flyer ? (as mentionned underneath) 

Chris Peterson I went to a Pennywise show at the Metro in Sydney, Australia in 1996. Me and a couple mates got there early and had a few beers in the bar, there was this young American dude siting at the bar drinking a beer we got to talking, he was mostly excited that he was allowed to have a beer being the legal age is 18 not 21. After a while another American dude comes over to the bar, sits down and orders a beer, we were just chatting over a couple beers and one dude says "hey man nice to met you Im Scott we gotta go we are up next." It was Scott and Tom from Blink, at the time I and most of the other people there had never heard of these guys. There were about 50 people there watching their set, by the time Pennywise took the stage it was a full house of over 800 people. Crazy to think how big these guys would be just a few years after that night!

That's not correct. He's referring to the Good Times Tour '95. Pennywise didn't do the "The More Good Times Tour" (the tour that span a few dates in May '96 with Bodyjar)

Blink didn't tour with PW in Australia in 1996.

4 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

Note: For those of you who get disturbed when seeing tagged pictures, skip this post: 

These are two very rare pics from 1997-07-12 Salt Lake City, UT - Utah State Fairgrounds (Vans Warped Tour '97):

1997-Mark.jpg
1997-Tom.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/blink182online/status/1257672270006439936

These were from Dylan’s personal archives btw, never before seen until he sent them to me last week to use as promo for our podcast conversation. Super rad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KhAoS182 Bootlegs said:

This is my ticket of the show scanned:

12/07/2004: The band performs at Cardiff International Arena in Cardiff, Wales.

vaW9Gc0.png

KWmmT5p.png

Ah look, the show I couldn't afford to go to, but loads of my school friends did. 

found cool thing on this show

3/18/1996: The band performs at the Wreck Room in Atlanta, Georgia.

37:58 (Possibly the only live footage that exists of Malboro Man, Mark casually playing the bass line and then Tom joining in)

found full concert audio for this show

9/29/1998: The band performs at Irving Plaza in New York City.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:09 PM, Diddy Faplord said:

Haha..funny you ask. I do have an extra ticket. I bought 2 general admission tickets the day they went on sale. Show is July 10, I’m really hoping it doesn’t get cancelled 

So it looks like so far it hasn't been canceled. I'm surprised.😃🎤🎸📻

found short review for this show

8/20/1998: The band performs at Bogart's in Cincinnati, Ohio. Other bands included Home Grown, MxPx, and Wade.

Matt Wolf Nice pick! I first saw them in '98 in Cincinnati, OH when they toured with Blink 182 supporting Dude Ranch. I think it was called "the poo poo pee pee tour." 🤣 They opened with their cover of "Barbie Girl" and I was instantly hooked.

found very cool picture and story behind this picture from the same day as this show

9/25/1998: The band performs at RPM Warehouse in Toronto, Ontario, beginning the second leg of the PooPoo PeePee tour. Other bands included Unwritten Law, Assorted Jelly Beans, and the Vandals.

https://richardbeland.com/fineartprints/ipxlljzyq8f2jeak8ab5woou1h2uky

On Sept. 25, 1998 Blink 182 were in Toronto on their PooPoo PeePee Tour. Their record label hired me to spend part of the day photographing the band while they did press and received a platinum award for their Dude Ranch album. I had a ball with the band cruising around town in their limo, even though I felt a little like a fish out of water as they were killing themselves mooning people as we drove by. Our day wound up at the Warehouse just in time for sound check. They jumped out and said, "Hey man, you can have the limo and driver!" So I got my driver to drive me back home.

found review/article about this show

3/1/1998: The band performs at State Theatre in Detroit, Michigan. Other bands included Primus, the Alkaholiks, and Van Allen Belt.

https://digital.bentley.umich.edu/midaily/mdp.39015071754993/566

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It was cancelled earlier this week :(. But I guess blink has said they’ll do it for them next year. Big bummer!

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you bummed? I guess it's for the best though. So I was thinking since you are also a Eminem fan and of course you live in Detroit.😁. Anyhow I don't get on this site too much so I'd like to keep in touch if that's not to forward. Do you use Facebook or Twitter by chance? If so send me a friend request.😉📻 https://m.facebook.com/iblink4182?ref=bookmarks