Jump to content
 

The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline


boxelder
 Share

Recommended Posts

New show discovery! (date yet to be confirmed and approved as of present)

Found a review from an attendee who states that he saw Blink play at South By Southwest in Austin in 1995 , he also mentions the venue Emo's although he might refer to the show that took place on October 28th at that same venue (huge credits to Youtube user Cully Benson 2112 for sharing this discovery).

(important note : the South By Southwest took place between March 15th and March 18th 1995 and also he mentions that he saw Blink 6 months later in his hometown with China Drum and Unwritten Law : this date is 12th August 1996 that is already in the timeline with proof of ticket stub and flyer!)

03/XX/1995 : The band performs at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas.

"First saw them at South By Southwest in Austin in 1995. Snuck in the back of Emos with two friends and met Rick Devoe their manager. Later talked to Mark Tom and Rick after the show and told them they needed to come to Corpus Christi Texas a huge surf and skate town. We all listened to punk and watched surf and skate videos where the soundtrack was always punk in the early nineties. Six months later they came to my hometown with China Drum and Unwritten Law. It was fucking rad. I was only 14 years old."

Any help would be much appreciated!

Source Blink 182 live in Texas

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2022 at 6:47 AM, Thibaut182 said:

"First saw them at South By Southwest in Austin in 1995. Snuck in the back of Emos with two friends and met Rick Devoe their manager. Later talked to Mark Tom and Rick after the show and told them they needed to come to Corpus Christi Texas a huge surf and skate town. We all listened to punk and watched surf and skate videos where the soundtrack was always punk in the early nineties. Six months later they came to my hometown with China Drum and Unwritten Law. It was fucking rad. I was only 14 years old."

i suspect this person is misremembering and is referring to the good times tour date at emo's from october 95 which we have on video? the "six months later they came" (if that memory is correct) would put a show with unwritten law law in texas the following spring, which also makes sense (oz factor came out in april 96 and blink supported UL on various dates throughout the year in support of that record.

IIRC blink did not leave the CA / OR / NV / AZ nexus until the good times tour.

but i suppose it is possible. i could ask mark?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

IIRC blink did not leave the CA / OR / NV / AZ nexus until the good times tour.

but i suppose it is possible. i could ask mark?

Absolutely Davey, it would be much appreciated 😃

Please keep me in the loop for sure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 3:16 PM, Thibaut182 said:

New show added to the timeline! 

Found this very cool and rare flyer for this new discovery (huge credits and shout-out to reddit user RagingHappys for sharing this insane gem!)

5/8/1998: The band performs at the Bakersfield College Outdoor Theater in Bakersfield, California. Other bands included The Aquabats, Assorted Jelly Beans and Schwag.

ewy1jubtcje81.jpg

 

This picture was taken that day:

1998-05-08-Bakersfield-CA-Bakersfield-Co

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2022 at 3:47 PM, Thibaut182 said:

New show discovery! (date yet to be confirmed and approved as of present)

Found a review from an attendee who states that he saw Blink play at South By Southwest in Austin in 1995 , he also mentions the venue Emo's although he might refer to the show that took place on October 28th at that same venue (huge credits to Youtube user Cully Benson 2112 for sharing this discovery).

(important note : the South By Southwest took place between March 15th and March 18th 1995 and also he mentions that he saw Blink 6 months later in his hometown with China Drum and Unwritten Law : this date is 12th August 1996 that is already in the timeline with proof of ticket stub and flyer!)

03/XX/1995 : The band performs at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas.

"First saw them at South By Southwest in Austin in 1995. Snuck in the back of Emos with two friends and met Rick Devoe their manager. Later talked to Mark Tom and Rick after the show and told them they needed to come to Corpus Christi Texas a huge surf and skate town. We all listened to punk and watched surf and skate videos where the soundtrack was always punk in the early nineties. Six months later they came to my hometown with China Drum and Unwritten Law. It was fucking rad. I was only 14 years old."

Any help would be much appreciated!

Source Blink 182 live in Texas

 

 

17 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i suspect this person is misremembering and is referring to the good times tour date at emo's from october 95 which we have on video? the "six months later they came" (if that memory is correct) would put a show with unwritten law law in texas the following spring, which also makes sense (oz factor came out in april 96 and blink supported UL on various dates throughout the year in support of that record.

IIRC blink did not leave the CA / OR / NV / AZ nexus until the good times tour.

but i suppose it is possible. i could ask mark?

I think you are getting mixed up here and I can see why, let me explain that:

blink was at the The South By Southwest Conference & Festivals event in 1996 (not 1995, this is a mistake and this is why you are getting confused)
The show in question that he is referring to is alredy registered in the timeline, there's nothing new about this show.


1996-03-15 Austin, TX - Emo's 
1996-03-15-Austin-TX-Emo-s-1-Flier.jpg
Worth noticing: "Appearing at the South By Southwest conference immediately following For Squirrels"

The show above at Emo's is the show that was part of the The South By Southwest Conference & Festivals event. That day was Mark's birthday too by the way. Hope it makes sense now.

Additional info: https://www.sxsw.com/about/history/#timeline

Capture.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

 

I think you are getting mixed up here and I can see why, let me explain that:

blink was at the The South By Southwest Conference & Festivals event in 1996 (not 1995, this is a mistake and this is why you are getting confused).

exactly my point. they were not at SXSW in 95. the point i was making was that the first time they played in austin was at emo's on the good times tour. thank you for clarifying that they did play SXSW in 96.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the timeline still going? I thought that by this point we had all the dates figured out and we were just adding extra pictures and memorabilia. And when is Mark going  to show some recognition for all the hard work they have put in to create a timeline of blink's entire existence? 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Is the timeline still going? I thought that by this point we had all the dates figured out and we were just adding extra pictures and memorabilia. And when is Mark going  to show some recognition for all the hard work they have put in to create a timeline of blink's entire existence? 

@Thibaut182runs it these days. i’ll hop in from time to time but haven’t in a while. from my perspective, there’s not a whole lot of new ground to cover like you said. still, things will surprise me from time to time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New addition to the timeline!

found ticket stub for this show (huge credits to ebay user fl8er83 for sharing this!)

8/1/1997: The band performs at Jacksonville State Fairgrounds in Jacksonville, Florida as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Are the blink historians here aware of this interview?! I totally remember this. "ass passes" better keep this one on the DL or someone could get canceled 😂 I found this looking at blink online's news page archive from March 2004

https://web.archive.org/web/20040402020330/http://www.playboy.com/sex/d12/travisbarker/index.html

Wow! I've never read that interview haha things have changed so much right now, talking about ass passes would get you cancelled immediately.

Clarence is also the name he still uses to book a room when he stays at hotels.  

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

What in the world?? Hahaha, society was such a different place back then.

And what's funny about the photo choice is that we can tell MTV pulled it from an interview they did with blink when Untitled came out, but for someone who didn't know that, it looks like it captures the exact moment Mark and Tom learned that Saddam had been captured haha 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New addition to the timeline!

Huge credits to tru_nu on Instagram for sharing this ticket stub from this show!

7/15/1997: The band performs at Burcham Park in Lawrence, Kansas as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaK1brzOvr8/

Found this very cool picture from the first photoshoot with Travis (source : TheOnlineMusicSource.com http://www.theonlinemusicsource.com/blinkgrouppix.html)

http://www.theonlinemusicsource.com/images/blinkcal.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

New show discovery! (unknown date as of present but Blink were opening for the Vandals in the basement of a venue called DV8)

Huge credits to Twitter user MeatVoltron for sharing this!

New additions to the timeline!

found flyer for this show (huge credits to madbull34 for sharing this gem!)

7/2/1997: The band performs at Hospitality Point in San Diego, California, beginning their stint on Warped Tour 1997.

Warped Tour 1997 Flyer

found ticket stub for this show (huge credits to Theodore Cromwell for sharing this ticket stub!)

7/22/1997: The band performs at Agora in Cleveland, Ohio as a part of Warped Tour 1997.

1997.07.22 - Van's Warped Tour '97

found ticket stub for this show (huge credits to Plane Guy for sharing this new ticket stub!)

9/13/1997: The band performs at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California part of Kamp Kome 2.

Kamp KOME 2 - 1997-09-13

found new date for the timeline (huge credits to c6ss6t6 for sharing this new ticket stub!)

8/4/1996 The band performs at the Stony Pony in Ashbury Park, New Jersey as a part of the Warped Tour 1996. 

Warped Tour 96

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...