Tom Delonge Meme thread

Knapppers

I think this is a shitty topic and that people on this forum/thread really should think twice about what some of you guys are saying and doing in here. I agree Tom is a douche for leaving (or don´t caring about Blink), he haven`t had a decent stage performance since the reunion, he can`t play the guitar anymore and he still talks about AVA like it`s U2, Pink Floyd and Sting combined.

Tom was back in the day like a role model for me. I wanted to be exactly like him, and I wanted to play guitar just like him. He told the best jokes, he and Mark were like brothers, and we all wanted to play in a punk band and live like those guys. But things changed. Tom suddenly weren't that joke machine that he used, neither did he play the old songs good live anymore. But I still wanted to be like him, because of what he meant to me.

It`s a looong time since we`ve realized that Blink wasn`t Blink anymore, and that the friendship between Tom and Mark was far from the same. I don`t know about you guys, but honestly, if I knew how things would have wrapped up in the end for Tom and Blink, I think I`ve wanted it all to happen again. This man, who gave us (with Mark and Travis/Scott of course), some of the best songs and riffs I know, songs that I still listen to all the time, deserves more credit for what he have done for almost a whole generation of kids than what he gets in here and else were on the internet. No matter what happened or happens, Tom gave us Mutt, Touchdown Boy, Dicklips, All the Small Things, Dumpweed, Reckless Abandon, Down and so on. I could continue for ages. He were the guy every guy wanted to be, everybody wanted to play the guitar like him, dress like him and all around be like him. 

And now, he’s not even half of his shadow of what he used to be, but he will forever be Tom Delonge, co-founder of the greatest band ever and man who have given me some of my best moments in life. His, and their songs, have helped and a lot of people here trough tough times, and they helped us make it to the other side.

I would never ever sink so deep that I will make fun of one of my biggest idols on a shitty topic like this. OK, so he have other interests now, he likes aliens and he plays more synth than guitar. But come on guys, remember what he have done for us, and all the good memories he have created for us. We just have to realize and accept that people change and sometimes it maybe ain`t for the better part (for us), but he still loves what he is doing and still want to make music that he likes now.

I would never ever sink so deep that I will make fun of one of my biggest idols on a shitty topic like this. OK, so he have other interests now, he likes aliens and he plays more synth than guitar. But come on guys, remember what he have done for us, and all the good memories he have created for us. We just have to realize and accept that people change and sometimes it maybe ain`t for the better part (for us), but he still loves what he is doing and still want to make music that he likes now.

So if you worshiped Lance Armstrong, you would have trouble understanding why people hate him now, and would have a problem with a topic like this dedicated to him? Really?  People change and lie, its important to realize that your idols aren't super heros and often aren't people to be looked up to at all.  I appreciate that Tom was important in the creation of blink, but I'm not going to blindly defend him as he shits and pisses on the band that I love. 

In fact if you think about it, we're only doing all this BECAUSE we're so passionate about our love for blink, Tom stopped caring, and we've had enough of his shit.  A true fan would completely understand the reason for this thread and where it is coming from.

I think this is a shitty topic and that people on this forum/thread really should think twice about what some of you guys are saying and doing in here. I agree Tom is a douche for leaving (or don´t caring about Blink), he haven`t had a decent stage performance since the reunion, he can`t play the guitar anymore and he still talks about AVA like it`s U2, Pink Floyd and Sting combined.

Tom was back in the day like a role model for me. I wanted to be exactly like him, and I wanted to play guitar just like him. He told the best jokes, he and Mark were like brothers, and we all wanted to play in a punk band and live like those guys. But things changed. Tom suddenly weren't that joke machine that he used, neither did he play the old songs good live anymore. But I still wanted to be like him, because of what he meant to me.

It`s a looong time since we`ve realized that Blink wasn`t Blink anymore, and that the friendship between Tom and Mark was far from the same. I don`t know about you guys, but honestly, if I knew how things would have wrapped up in the end for Tom and Blink, I think I`ve wanted it all to happen again. This man, who gave us (with Mark and Travis/Scott of course), some of the best songs and riffs I know, songs that I still listen to all the time, deserves more credit for what he have done for almost a whole generation of kids than what he gets in here and else were on the internet. No matter what happened or happens, Tom gave us Mutt, Touchdown Boy, Dicklips, All the Small Things, Dumpweed, Reckless Abandon, Down and so on. I could continue for ages. He were the guy every guy wanted to be, everybody wanted to play the guitar like him, dress like him and all around be like him. 

And now, he’s not even half of his shadow of what he used to be, but he will forever be Tom Delonge, co-founder of the greatest band ever and man who have given me some of my best moments in life. His, and their songs, have helped and a lot of people here trough tough times, and they helped us make it to the other side.

jesus christ.

• Like 4

I find myself don't caring about a lot of things... especially kuckle-dragging rants from mouth drooling-mongos. Go hang out with your mom at JC Penny's where you're wanted and leave the opinions to the people who can actually articulate them.

• Like 2

iixrq.jpg

Mike, that is the number 1 thing that has always bothered me about blink-182.  Carlin was famous for his 7 filthy words, but blink never presented Family Reunion as an homage to Carlin.  I've never known what to make of it.

Henningstar's post makes some sense, and shouldn't be derided so much.  However, as I, and others on here, have said before: it's not so much Tom's waning interest in blink-182 that we have a problem with at this point, it's the fact that he came back to blink and fucked shit up.  We love blink.  Had Tom stayed in AVA and away from blink, then it would be our choice to follow him or ignore him.  But he came back, so we have to confront and respond to what he's done. 

Some people are just straight up haters, but I think most of us just care about blink, and will always analyze and confront what's happening with/ to blink.  Of course Tom will always be implicit to that conversation.

As for Henningstar's poor grammar skills: I do hope you're a non-native speaker.  Either way, I'm a certified ESL teacher.  I'll cut you a good rate on skype lessons considering you're a blink fan.  Seriously.  8) 

• Like 1