Tom DeLonge - "New World"

boxelder

114 members have voted

1. 1. Tom's first "solo" song - thoughts?

• 5/5
    • 4/5
    • 3/5
    • 2/5
    • 1/5

I found it an alright song. The production is really shit, sounds all wishy washy. I like the guitar parts, vocals aren't great as expected. Would've been a good blink song once it had some work put into it

agree.

It sounds alright and I kinda like it, but in its present state it's pretty forgettable.

Well, Tom made a video.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CytDKfobkXc

DA FUCK. A broken guitar, what a metaphor... he's a poet. That was a very bad script, he let us all without ending. Tom, please, break that guitar!!!!!!!! hahaha.

Despite the current blink situation, I'll admit I like this one. I'm surprised he's managed to pull together a song that doesn't sound like AVA.

Interesting that he has uploaded it to Youtube straight up.

I wonder what project this was initially meant for? Or whether Tom has thrown this one together since the break up?

By the way, for everyone complaining about the video, it's not supposed to be a music video. All that footage is just filler to justify uploading an audio track to YouTube. It's more interesting than just a picture of his lame album art for three minutes. I feel like a lot of you are still going far out of your way to find more reasons to complain about Tom. There are more than enough legitimate reasons to complain about the guy. We don't need to make up new ones.

• Like 2

[verse 1:]

I've heard a phantom ring

I've awakened to a lie

prying up the eyes

to a

shitty view with a shot of life

[verse 2:]

I felt a tidal wave

I watched the city lights

illuminate 'em bright

and a

little walk in the dead of night

[pre-chorus 1:]

why must we not act tonight

too many lies here

we wait the knife we take a bite

nobody wins here

[chorus 1:]

it violates

and blinds the eyes

but I found a new world

[verse 3:]

so seventeen again

I can hear the bell and tower

I will be devoured

will you

follow me to the witching hour

| :

[pre-chorus 1:]

why must we not act tonight

too many lies here

we wait the knife we take a bite

nobody wins here

[pre-chorus 2:]

I've lost the nerve I'm finalized

too many die here

I fall hands down I pray

I'm giving F-U-C-K

[chorus 1:]

it violates

and blinds the eyes

but I found a new world

[chorus 2:]

my head will ache

I brave the fire

yeah I found a new world

[chorus 3:]

my heart awaits

the grand design

I found a new door

[chorus 4:]

I'm un-contained

I'm crucified

I found a new world

[ending:]

I'm lost deep inside of it

: |

so here's the lyrics. it's funny that tom doesn't even know if he's giving a fuck or not. the official lyrics from the file info says "I don't give an F-U-C-K", but in the song he sings "I'm giving F-U-C-K".

so here's the lyrics. it's funny that tom doesn't even know if he's giving a fuck or not. the official lyrics from the file info says "I don't give an F-U-C-K", but in the song he sings "I'm giving F-U-C-K".

Yeah seriously, I noticed that immediately, he does not say "I don't give an F-U-C-K." It's like he thought he had more syllables, realized he didn't, awkwardly sang just the first and last part of the line, kept the take, and released it anyway hoping nobody would notice that what he sang doesn't make sense.

EDIT: actually I just listened to it again with better headphones, and he actually does say "I don't give an F-U-C-K." I could hear it this time. He just says "I don't give an" really fast.

The drums in this song is fantastic. It's scary how good they are, in fact I'd go as far to say that it's a lot better than Travis' drumming on Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs. The song is a lot better than I was expecting, big fan of it. I like the rawness of it, the lyrics, the production and how catchy it is. Light years ahead of anything on blink's recent releases, could have easily fit on the self titled album.

A post from the avamovement. #followthelight

Wow, that song is not even bad.. didn't expect this.

Why the hell are those guys so stupid? All three of them. This could have been a great blink song. Instead they're all behaving like 13 year olds. Maybe should have finished high school before going big. Unbelievable kindergarten

So i've given it 2/5.

The first time i listened to it, i could harldy pick out a damn word let alone an entire line. Much the same as TDW. To me it just feels like a cheap and nasty way of hiding/disguising his poor voice without it sounding pro-tooled up the wazoo.

I don't know much about guitar tech and whatnot but i dont mind the sound of it. it sounds punchy enough, just a bit dull. there's no real catchy hook or whatever. also, the bass sounds weird; the distortion just sounds a bit weird to me.

i found myself drifting away from the song rather than paying attention to it very quickly and i'm not sure how many times i listened to it (not that many, just when i was walking to work) but i never noticed when it ended and when it began again if that makes sense.

i found myself really trying hard to actually listen and pay attention to the full 3.30 minutes, which in my opinion is not a good marker for a song.

overall, it's ok enough but completely bang average and nothing more

You must have missed my post about a month or so ago.  I said I was sick of calling it AVA just because Tom dictated thats what we should call it.  Angels and Airwaves is three As, even if the middle A is meant to be inverted as he says (which by the way is bull as I've never seen it spelled out on anything as Angels Vnd Airwaves), a V is not an inverted A, it still needs a line through it.  So I said I'm sick of that bullshit and will instead be permanently stylizing it as it always should have been, to me, stylizing it as AVA is just feeding all the more into Tom's drivel, helping his already inflated ego.  He may never see my posts, but I just wanted to make a stance and make it clear that I'm not buying any of his bullshit anymore.

Jesus, you take this place/blink and it's members far too seriously. 

How is doing that making a stance? is it designed for Tom Delonge to see the error of his ways?