Blink 182 Live @ The Roxy Pics

Chris

Matts voice is too monotone for my liking, atleast to be singing Toms parts. As bad as Tom sung, he still had that high pitched, different sounding voice. Matts is just kinda bland to me, similar to marks. I hate to be negative because this is still really cool, having someone who actually cares play guitar

I hate to say it, but I agree.

Though Matt's voice obviously sounds so much nicer than Tom's.

• Like 1

Its not even a question, Tom hasn't even sounded decent singing live in well over a decade.  We all knew Skiba would be better than Tom live, still its great to just have all of this evidence now to point to, even for how crummy of phone recordings they are.  These videos make me so happy, bring on blink with Skiba, if they continue to sound like this, and only get better in time as they adjust and get more comfortable together, then I can only see blink becoming a better band than they've ever been.  They HAVE to take Skiba on full time after this, I'm convinced of that, he is a fantastic compliment to Mark and Travis, and its just amazing to hear them collectively as a unit sound so phenomenal. 

• Like 1

Other than First Date, I feel like Matt Skiba killed it. Harmonies, real guitar sounds, a great live voice. I'm completely bought and now am even more excited to watch blink live at Soma and Musink this weekend. :smile:

Hopefully the crowd isn't as shitty. You'd think that they'd get the best blink fans for Matt's first show with under 500. It kind of seemed like the crowd was mostly friends and family though.

It does sound nicer than Tom's for sure.  Its just different, and I think thats why i dont like it, for now. Im sure he'll grow on me more these next 2 shows

I hope so!! Dunno what I what I was expecting, he obviously wasn't gonna sound like old Tom.

But.... He's just not as great a singer as I thought he is. And it's not the quality of the clips. He doesn't hit the notes many times. But yeah I know Mark is not a great singer, either.

Gonna stop being negative now and enjoy the fact that we finally get to hear them again!

• Like 1

Hopefully the crowd isn't as shitty. You'd think that they'd get the best blink fans for Matt's first show with under 500. It kind of seemed like the crowd was mostly friends and family though.

Yeah, I was expecting a strong crowd. But for sure Soma will bring it. It's in San Diego, should see hardcore blink fans there. Are you going to either shows?

a lot of people there tonight were probably associated with companies, radio, magazines, etc. even if that wasn't the case, blink's fan base is only getting older. i doubt they are going to rake in a lot of teenagers at these shows. the older you get, the more you just want to sit back and enjoy the music. couldn't give a damn about the crowd unless they are too busy texting and having conversations in the middle of a song.

Its not even a question, Tom hasn't even sounded decent singing live in well over a decade.  We all knew Skiba would be better than Tom live, still its great to just have all of this evidence now to point to, even for how crummy of phone recordings they are.  These videos make me so happy, bring on blink with Skiba, if they continue to sound like this, and only get better in time as they adjust and get more comfortable together, then I can only see blink becoming a better band than they've ever been.  They HAVE to take Skiba on full time after this, I'm convinced of that, he is a fantastic compliment to Mark and Travis, and its just amazing to hear them collectively as a unit sound so phenomenal. 

Jesus Christ, slow down tiger. Blink will never be better than Dude Ranch - Self Titled era (depending on what album you liked most). There are so many reasons, but the big ones are age, Mark's creativity dropping, and the death of Jerry Finn. I understand this is an exciting time for the band, but you get way overhyped too easily. 

• Like 7