Blink 182 Live @ The Roxy Pics

Chris

haha no worries I was just giving you shit. former means prior, as in no longer a member

I'm not sure if that was clarifying at all, mate, hahahaha. I'll check a dictionary and cry, hahaha. I still struggle with a lot of words and meanings... that's why sometimes, I think, I get some points wrong on the boards.

I think it is an issue. Matt didn't sing the backup "are we alone, do you feel it?" vocal part as high as it should have been. I think songs like "Stay Together For The Kids" might be out of the question with Matt's vocal range. Or, they could tune down. I would be fine with that.

Yeah. That's a good sollution. There are tons of bands doing it and it's ok. In fact, I always thought blink should have done it before.

Anyway, I don't see it a high problem for now. He still needs to keep rolling a bit with the band to see how it evolves and see if they need to rething tuning on some songs.

Your English is good Ghost, when you misuse a word it's always easy to figure out what you meant.

Where are you from? I don't remember. South America?

Spain, mate!

My english may be "good" to be understood, but the struggles and misunderstandings I talk about come when I read some words or expressions from you, guys. So, maybe, sometimes I've understood something as a wrong thing, when it was sarcasm or just a joke. And despite feeling ridiculous when I realize that, I really lol at myself when I realize how dumb the situation was, hahaha. At the end is funny, and I end up learning some skills, which is awesome. Thos boards have been a good source to learn english.

Back to the topic... yeah, I think Matt will start to play with the songs as long as he just gets 100% comfy with them. It should be really weird to play a full show consisting on 'covers' 100%. You have to made them yours, and that needs a process which extends itself far from the rehearsals themselves. We'll see!

• Like 1

Judging from half these shit videos is hard. But it's more then safe to say blink in fact does sound better then they have in a long fucking time. Work buddy and I were listening to some of the cleaner videos today and said " does this mean as blink fans we will no longer be ripped apart about how shitty they sound live?" Hope Skiba sticks around.

• Like 1

Nah, I don't like it.. Love Skiba in Trio, but don't like this. It's like listening to a Trio show were Mark joins on stage to play some Blink songs. But yeah, no...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYihhSS9kic

Every time I see someone that can't wrap their heads around the idea of blink continuing on and being great at that with a new member in Tom's place, this line from Family Guy with how Stewie says it always immediately comes to my mind.  Its so funny to me.

• Like 2

Good Violence video. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRGHm_ng0bY

The little touches Matt added in the songs is so cool I think. Whispering the words in Down, There's a couple things in Violence here, Its such a nice change. I actually like his voice a lot in the songs. It's a breath of fresh air. I hope he's here to stay.

This profile has some good sound quality videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/digiBeast/videos

Or they just genuinely don't like it.

Could be, but a lot of reactions read like they just don't like the idea of blink going on without Tom, such as the one I just quoted.  You know what I mean, there are certain people where this could be the second coming of the beatles, and they would still find a problem with it because Tom isn't there.

• Like 1

^ huh, most of the people here who don't like it, genuinely don't seem to like it.

Even though I don't have a massive throbbing Matt boner as 95% of you guys, there are some things I liked about his performance:

1. The outro of Easy Target - great energy/guitar has a nice thick sound.

2. Dysentery Gary - he nailed that song.

3. The outro of Always - nice U2 With or Without You-esque ending vocals (was also noted on the reddit sub). Stuff like that I CAN appreciate. It fits the song really well, and is something Tom could never pull off (would probably add some cringe vibratos)

Not really talking about here (with exception to that one that I just quoted, and a few other outliers), I'm talking about the Tombots I see across the internet, really wasn't focusing here, cuz you're right, there aren't too many of those kinds of people on our boards, but there definitely are a few.

Been super busy so only caught a few clips but first impressions are... Disappointed.

I know it's not a popular opinion but fuck it. I love AK3 couldn't wait for Skiba to join but from the few clips iv watched, Mark and Matt's voices are too similar. A few times I couldn't tell who was singing, maybe it's the quality of the recording but I did miss some of Tom's high pitched vocals.

I'll check them out properly soon. But they did sound so much more fucking energetic, fun and tighter.

Skibas guitar :cool: