Tom Spends a Saturday Night on Instagram - The Thread

boxelder

Oh Tom what are you doing? He's proper losing the plot. It's clear to see he's upset over blink but he doesn't seem to be fighting for the band, he's kinda just let it go without really wanting too.

He doesn't like Travis, it's obvious. Doesn't have a bad word to say about Mark. He's had plenty of opportunity too. Jealous of Mark and Travis friendship??

How can he say ego got in the way, he has the biggest ego out of them ffs. The whole Ava bullshit, the hype he made, the shite he continues to say now, I'm glad the shows were good, I wrote the songs etc etc can he not see how egotistical that is? He's too far gone.

I bet he was a nightmare to work with. Feel glad for Mark and Travis that they've escaped him tbh.

He doesn't like Travis, it's obvious. Doesn't have a bad word to say about Mark. He's had plenty of opportunity too. Jealous of Mark and Travis friendship??

Yeah, everything negative he says is about Travis. The only thing I remember him saying about Mark was "I will never dislike @markhoppus - too many years as my closest friend. I want him to be happy-"

I don't think Tom was always like this. I honestly couldn't see Mark being that close to him if he was always like this, I mean they have stated loads of times that they were brothers and inseparable.

It's a mixture of things that's lead him to where he is at now. Money and fame being one of them, being a conspiracy nut (even though I am one myself) isn't always good for you either, He's been in the music industry for so long he knows how it works and the fucked up fakery of it all. He's not the first musician to slightly lose the plot and he won't be the last. Mark and Travis have kept themselves humble and have never taken anything for granted, Tom on the other hand really thinks he's something huge, he's been surrounded by yes men for so long that he believes his own hype.

• Like 4

This is painful to see. We are watching the demise of one of the biggest music idols on the 90s and early 2000s. It's really clear he has problems. I'm not brave enought to say he has mental problems, but is pretty obvious that he needs help in some way. He's not able to deal with the responsability of have been an asshole.

Unless he apologizes to blink and the fans, like truly, I'm done with this guy.

So long, goodbye, Tom.

I don't think he was always like this, I think it's pretty obvious he's doing some kind of drugs and they're slowly killing him. Wouldn't be surprised if he overdosed sooner or later. No wonder all the members left ava, who'd ever want to work with a junkie. Also, you were right Ghent.

I typed out a long thing, and then I fucked it up somehow and erased it. 

I guess the most important things I wanted to say were:

1) I came home very drunk and on drugs, and immediately identified that the honesty in Tom's words came from an inebriated state beyond that which I could even achieve off my limited remaining supply.

2) The title of the thread told me everything, but I thought reading Tom's meltdown would be funny.  Instead it was really sad, and hard to get through.

3) The comments on this thread were hilarious, and awesomely served the goal of comedy to bring relief to tragedy.

4) It makes me really sad that Mark has been so happy the past few days, and now he will surely be brought down by the implosion of his closest friend.

5) This is the most honest we've heard Tom Delonge in a long time, and the words aren't shocking: they're sad. 

6) Tom's still the same kid who got kicked out of high school because he couldn't fit in.  None of us ever change, and our true character bursts through our facade during times of weakness or strength.  

7) My brain hurts.  I'm still really happy for blink and Mark and Matt and Travis, but I'm also really sad for everyone.  I'm even too sad to make a joke (the whole: I'm sad for...I'm sad for ...shtick).

It's weird that in a few hours, I will wake up hungover, and Tom will wake up hungover, and this whole thing will seem completely different to everyone.  It's been a really weird night for me.  Go blink and Musink!  Wish ya tha best Tom.... Go Xavier!

• Like 4

the 5-star ratings? :D by fucking bloggers?! :D lol, tom doesn't know the difference between selling 1 million records, or selling 10 thousand records. reviews doesn't matter, those are just part of the marketing. big labels have contracts with magazines, so all the label releases will be reviewed somewhere. independent artists aren't reviewed in well known magazines by default, they usually need to have a contract too which includes pre-premier access to the songs for early reviews, and additional content for the future issues (that's why you can read an ava review before the release day, then an ava interview in the next week, then a crazy story a week after, a show/tour review, etc...). it helps if your band members are known from other, bigger bands. offline and online magazines do it for advertisement revenues. so basically bands buy the reviews for themselves. good ava ratings doesn't threaten blink. batshit crazy tom delonge does.

• Like 1