Tom Delonge new song "The Invisible Parade"

Knapppers

It feels kind of like another, in a long line of missed opportunities for Tom.  Because there are hints of potential here and there. The recording is good, he could have put together a better acoustic song, with better lyrics, with a good video concept and it would have gone a long way to improving the situation he's in.

But he pretty much failed again.

• Like 1

I think he needs somebody pushing him in the right direction. A lot of songwriters are at their best during the push and pull of ideas and opinion. Mark always pushed Tom. Jerry Finn pushed Tom. Nobody's pushing him.

• Like 2

Wishing Well is ok, I never understood why it was so beloved.  I don't hate it, but its certainly one of my least favorite post-reunion songs.

Wishing Well is beloved because it references a Cheshire Cat lyric and the riff he used had been making the fan circuits for years, so we creamed when it finally made it into a song.

All in all, it's one of my favorite Neighborhoods songs, just wish it wasn't ruined with ladadada bullshit.

Though my bet is that his punk song will probably be the best song on the album - considering punk can usually get away with lazy song-writing as long as it has attitude and a good hook. In comparison...look at the quality of "My First Punk Song" to rest of his BCR album; the song was kick-ass but no way comes near to the top quality tracks Tom was churning out on that album. What a fall from grace. 

You really think Tom can write a punk song though? I don't. 

I think attempting a punk song could be monumentally bad for him. As in ridiculed throughout the internet for weeks bad..

• Like 1

9/10 would love or at least like the song if it was released under Blink without all the drama...just saying.

I can't speak for everyone but I'd have the same opinion.

If this song was actually released under the Blink name it wouldn't be the same song. There would be contributions from Mark and Travis, and it would likely be a lot better.

It seems like every song he has released or promoted after the Blink-debacle has had some kind of tie to his family.  "This song's about my late father, please don't make nasty comments on the video." "This song is about my brother who is a soldier, better not leave mean comments!!"

Honestly I think this song could have been sweet, but it is THE definition of a demo, it's bullshit he's charging for these songs.  I would view it in a totally different light if he just said "hey, here's some demos, enjoy!" instead of asking for money for these songs in such infantile stages of creation.