Tom Delonge new song "The Invisible Parade"

Knapppers

That is kind of a bullshit thing to say. I've seen people criticize Neighborhoods in much of the same way. Just because we are blink fans, does not mean we will eat up everything they put out.

Mhm I dont know. It seems like everything Skiba does with Blink is golden (e.g. "the setlist is so awesome"...when the setlist is more or less the same - but Blink really had the chance to give the fans an unique setlist with more older songs...) and everything Tom does is shit. It's not that easy in my opinion, not just black and white...

People are def biased here too. Even before they played the 3 shows, people were creaming all over skiba. It is reasonable to assume that this primed them to like the performances.

We were just excited at the thought of a competent live performer in Tom's place. It could have been just about anybody and the live show would have benefitted from the change and we all knew it, I mean have you seen or heard Tom perform over the last decade? We had every reason to be excited about anyone singing and playing guitar live in place of Tom. And undoubtedly, our feelings were validated by Skiba's 3 performances.

We were just excited at the thought of a competent live performer in Tom's place. It could have been just about anybody and the live show would have benefitted from the change and we all knew it, I mean have you seen or heard Tom perform over the last decade? We had every reason to be excited about anyone singing and playing guitar live in place of Tom. And undoubtedly, our feelings were validated by Skiba's 3 performances.

Yeah, I am excited too and it was clearly an upgrade over Tom's live performance but again: Some people here would find everything that Tom does at the moment shit, even if it's the best song he has ever done...

Im happy for the people who enjoy Skiba. And for sure, Toms performances were unacceptable and he needed to be replaced, no question about it. But my point was that there is a good chance you (and other people) might have rated Skibas performances higher due to the excitement of Tom being replaced.
  • Like 1

Im happy for the people who enjoy Skiba. And for sure, Toms performances were unacceptable and he needed to be replaced, no question about it. But my point was that there is a good chance you (and other people) might have rated Skibas performances higher due to the excitement of Tom being replaced.

I think this is a valid point. I mean, Skiba's performance wasn't out of this world amazing. But it was just so refreshing to see someone trying on stage. The performances were really good. Maybe not spectacular, but a gigantic step in the right direction, that's for sure.

• Like 2

I personally try to be as objective as possible. If Tom does something I love be it in blink or out of blink, I acknowledge that, for example, I've been vocal of how much I like The Wolfpack and Anomaly. Conversely, when I think something is crap I acknowledge that as well, even when it's in blink, for example I do not like This Is Home at all, and find MH64636435675 to be a very bland and boring song. I'm not blinded by my fandom, perhaps some are, but I call it like I see it, plain and simple.

I know sometimes it seems like people shit on Tom just to shit on him, but honestly everything he's done for years now has been embarrassing.

It's pretty easy to say his new songs suck, because they do.  He sucked live, because he did.  People are pissed at him for using Blink as his cash-cow, because he did.  Pretty black and white issue to me.   

• Like 2

THAT'S BECAUSE EVERYTHING TOM DOES AT THE MOMENT IS COMPLETE SHIT!

Best song he's ever done? Wtf are you smoking?

Lol can you read? I never said that its the best song he has ever done (its clearly not!). I said that some people would still hate it even if it was the best song he has ever recorded...