X Files return

Knapppers

In a discussion topic about Friends, it's not at all attention to say you didn't care for it. It's not like I went into saying it was always terrible and will continue to be terrible. 

Also Jesus tap dancing Christ it's Friends. X-files actually has real clout as a tv show and hugely influential. To just say it was never good is attention seeking because it's verifiably important, critically acclaimed, and culturally significant. If you don't like it, whatever. To state your opinion as fact is dumb and yes, attention seeking. 

On 1/29/2016 at 4:28 PM, _Kyle_ said:

In a discussion topic about Friends, it's not at all attention to say you didn't care for it. It's not like I went into saying it was always terrible and will continue to be terrible. 

Also Jesus tap dancing Christ it's Friends. X-files actually has real clout as a tv show and hugely influential. To just say it was never good is attention seeking because it's verifiably important, critically acclaimed, and culturally significant. If you don't like it, whatever. To state your opinion as fact is dumb and yes, attention seeking. 

This is a topic about X Files, I just came in and said what I thought about it. I just stated my opinion, please tell me where I said it was fact?

X Files has its moments but it crashed and burned pretty hard lets face it. At least Friends was consistent and just because a show has relatively simple formula doesn't mean it carries no real clout.

I find it funny that me not liking X Files seems to have genuinely bothered you K-dawg.

duchovny looked like a zombie in episode 2. i'd like to think that he wakes up every morning and says to himself, "i'm gonna give it 10% today." and even that is pushing the amount of effort puts in to his life.

i think the biggest problem with season 10 is the editing. x-files was known for being a bit of a slow-burner and kinda atmospheric (in the early seasons). these episodes cut back and forth between a bunch of different shots a thousand times when two people are having a simple conversation. they are trying to rush it all for no reason

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

these episodes cut back and forth between a bunch of different shots a thousand times when two people are having a simple conversation. they are trying to rush it all for no reason

That's because they're trying to take your attention away from the horrid dialog before you get a chance to digest it.

23 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

This is a topic about X Files, I just came in and said what I thought about it. I just stated my opinion, please tell me where I said it was fact?

X Files has its moments but it crashed and burned pretty hard lets face it. At least Friends was consistent and just because a show has relatively simple formula doesn't mean it carries no real clout.

I find it funny that me not liking X Files seems to have genuinely bothered you K-dawg.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Poet Danderson said:

X Files has always been pretty bad so it's no surprise that the revival has started poorly.

Neither of those things are true. No, X-Files isn't perfect and neither has been the reboot. But they are far from bad and poor.

It doesn't bother me, but for someone to bemoan a show like X-Files while champion Friends is really grating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...