Game Of Thrones Season 5 (spoilers)

Scott.

Going from the book POV character perspective, the show hasn't caught up with Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Jamie, Cersei, Arya, Theon. 

Characters like Margery and Ellaria Sand didn't get scenes in the books focused on them. Part of the attraction of the books is the events happening through peoples eyes and how they interpret it. These characters didn't have chapters but obviously that's far harder to construct a show around. So it means having scenes that have to confirm motivations and actions. So those characters are technically "off book" but still following the story of the other characters. If that makes sense. 

Jamies story is the one that's most drastically changed from the books. From what I've seen of Danys, it's a little different but that's ok since there's a lot of stuff to get through. 

Sansa story has over taken the books, but it appears that they're basically swapping her out with a side character from the books instead of just writing her more story themselves. Stuff happens with a character that is made to look like Arya, but the show seems to be just doing it with Sansa instead. 

There are several POV characters from the last few books that they're just dropping entirely, regardless of their importance. 

The show also seems to be following stuff going on in Dorne much more than the books did. 

• Like 1

I meow along to it

Omg me too! It just just lends itself to it I think.

I don't whether it's because I might have watched the leaked version online instead of the aired one (there could be slight differences) but the editing for some of those scenes seemed a bit off, the Dany bits especially. 

Yeah there was one particular scene with Sansa and Little Finger that seems badly edited. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I avnt read the books lol but from what I seen of this series so far it seems like he will get killed long before they ever walk down the aisle lol.

Little finger whatever his name is I'd assume would want to marry her when she's controlling winterfeld

Ok, I don't know if that was a spoiler or what.

The idea of them getting married is not in the books then?

Sansa story has over taken the books, but it appears that they're basically swapping her out with a side character from the books instead of just writing her more story themselves. Stuff happens with a character that is made to look like Arya, but the show seems to be just doing it with Sansa instead. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...