Tom Delonge Solo Album

Ghent

They use the word because Tom does. Nobody would ever say how inspirational Angels and Airwaves did if Tom ever shut up about it.

yeah, they repeat everything he says. every now and then i write instagram comments under tom's posts, and those shitheads are always bringing up words from previous tom posts in their pointless arguments. e.g: "read a fucking book" out of context.

• Like 2

Nfg are fucking outstanding mate. Wash your mouth out ffs.

Does anyone actually listen to the joke songs out of choice? If they came on I'd leave them on and of course sing along but I've never wanted to listen to them out of choice.

I'm 2 pages behind currently, but wanted to weigh-in here Scotty.

I love studio-NFG, but to me they are beyond shite live. I KNOW people are gonna give me shit for this! I've seen them live 5/6 times now and Every. Single. Time. They have been crap. Don't get me wrong, they're great entertainers and know how to work the crowd up and they nail their instruments, but every time i've seen them, Jordan goes bat-shit mental jumping around etc and can't sing more than one line at a time and sticks the microphone to the crowd to do the next line, and he did this right from the first song to the last. I like a bit of crowd participation but each time it was far too excessive for my liking. I came away each time with mixed feelings; yeah i enjoyed the show and had a good time, but I also paid my £20 for YOU to sing the songs, not the crowd.

And in regards to the joke songs, i agree. There's been fleeting occasions where i've intentionally put a joke song on to amuse myself, but 99.999% of the time i only listen to them when they come on on shuffle, and even them i more often than not skip them

Nfg are amazing live that's there main attraction the energy and fun they give to there live shows ...you sound like the boring fuckers who sit at a concert

And you sound like you're 15.

I don't sit at concerts but I can't be bothered with the whole get in the pit bullshit, how can I enjoy listening to a band when all I'm focusing my energy on is not falling over?

Anyway, I think NFG put on a good show but I've been pretty wasted every time I've seen them so it's hard to be completely sure. 

I'm all grown up now, when I go to a show I just want to see a mature band that plays perfect and puts on a good show. Because I'm grown up now. So I don't care for the douchebags stuff. If I remember the show anyway, I usually spend time in toilet throwing up in the bathroom from drinking too much.

Seriously, though when I saw NFG I was indeed pretty wasted and I spent time getting soot off my face and trying to convince the security guards in the bathroom that Screeching weasel are better than NFG and have them convince my I wouldn't drank if I died from the tap, even if it said "Don't drink it". I ended up drinking it anyway, the security guards must've thought I was crazy. Then I went to see NFG again and they played all the songs I wanted to hear. 

Seriously, though when I saw NFG I was indeed pretty wasted and I spent time getting soot off my face and trying to convince the security guards in the bathroom that Screeching weasel are better than NFG and have them convince my I wouldn't die if I died from the tap, even if it said "Don't drink it". I ended up drinking it anyway, the security guards must've thought I was crazy. Then I went to see NFG again and they played all the songs I wanted to hear. 

What a life you lead, I'm sure those security guards didn't give a shit about NFG and probably didn't even know who Screeching Weasel were. 

What a life you lead, I'm sure those security guards didn't give a shit about NFG and probably didn't even know who Screeching Weasel were. 

One right one wrong. They said they loved NFG(and Blink) and had never heard of SW. It made me a bit sad, but I couldn't be sad, because I had seen SW and I coughed soot. 

Someone made a good point that I never considered - 

Considering these were demo's, I wouldn't be surprised if the joke lyrics were used just as filler to save a good melody. Tom's lyrics have evidently been complete garbage (even with half of the dream walker album), so it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't come up with any 'good' lyrics in time and rather than risking people calling out his horrendous lyrics (again), he just made it a good song with 'joke' lyrics to saveface (i.e. This is california, we fuck in california, etc* sounds like a typical ending of a 'good' Tom song minus the lyrics). 

It just makes me think of what could have been if Tom focused his time and energy with more talented musicians. Dream Walker may have not been everyone's bag, but at least it should artist diversity. Tom hasn't allowed anyone that much creative control since Self-Titled - can you imagine what Travis and Mark would be able to bring to the table? 

• Like 1

And you sound like you're 15.

I don't sit at concerts but I can't be bothered with the whole get in the pit bullshit, how can I enjoy listening to a band when all I'm focusing my energy on is not falling over?

Anyway, I think NFG put on a good show but I've been pretty wasted every time I've seen them so it's hard to be completely sure.

I don't know how you got I like going in mosh pits from any of that?

Iv been in like 1 mosh pit and that was mainly me pushing my mate into it and watch him desperately get out ;)

I think that was motion city soundtrack when my favourite accident came on.

But I like to be in the croud rocking out in my own way enjoying the music.

I am always pissed tho so yeh judgement on the actual music is probably not accurate.

But for live performances nfg are quality can't see how people couldn't like a live performance by nfg.

I also thought tom was good at reading festival so yeh drink can effect your judgment lol

New World – Like this song, Possibly say I would not skip if it came on shuffle

Endless Summer - Takes a while to kick in but is OK in the end, i know its so Illogical

Suburban Kings – Neither hate or like, feels like another AVA reject

Invisible Parade – Just terribly bad

Circle Jerk Pit – Not worth an analysis

Landscapes – AVA Rejected Demo, Shocking Instrumental

Animals – Sounds like he write this in a Halloween themed ride at Disneyland. Weird.

Golden Showers – Im not gonna lie, I had read the reviews before I listened to the song and was surprised how decent the music is, and like someone has said I think the lyrics are funny when read and I think the song is OK but if it was a serious song it could have been something really good but I don’t have no qualms about this song, remember it’s Tom the cunt’s song J

Overall I give it a 5/6 out of 10 – Expecting shit and it was slightly better than shit