Tom Delonge Solo Album

Ghent

I couldn't be bothered buying the album, I just downloaded the songs from youtube and surprised I even took the time to do that granted Ihad to find a second free youtube to mp3 downloader since tracks 5-8 were copyrighted on toms vevo account and my original converter said error due to copyright protection. Honestly, ill prob rarely decide to just listen to this album, just doesn't have the replayability say dude ranch does for me

• Like 1

If you guys can, listen to this album or any album with blink, AVA, BCR, +44 with voice cancellation on your audio settings.  You can hear the backing vocals and all sorts of neat things you wouldn't normally pick up on.  In some songs I prefer the backing vocals to the actual chorus its really cool!

And nobody would give a fuck about Tom Delonge if he wasn't in blink-182.

Exactly.

It's normal for a self-confident artist in a band to want to go it alone; you get all the credit, money, and you don't have to make compromises. When you got talent to outdo the group, it becomes a no-brainer (e.g., Robbie Williams; even Gwen Stefani to an extent, even though she probably never was as big as her band was at the height of their popularity). But Tom never had it; not even close. AvA was a solo project and it failed; WDNTW sold a decent amount almost solely due to the blink residual effect. Tom just doesn't have the charisma or the talent to carry a solo act. You could argue Robbie Williams would had become a star even if he had never been in a band. But Tom? Forgetaboutit. This is the fact Tom had the most trouble accepting.

• Like 5

i just did that and it just makes it sound like shit

That's correct.  It focuses on the background noises.  Listen to the chorus on New World or Mercenaries.  You'll hear Tom's backing vocals which you wouldn't normally. 

Edit:  It's a must with headphones too.

That's correct.  It focuses on the background noises.  Listen to the chorus on New World or Mercenaries.  You'll hear Tom's backing vocals which you wouldn't normally. 

Edit:  It's a must with headphones too.

thats not how it works, it gets rid of the center channel. along with the vocals it ruins the drums and bass.