Predictions: What will happen with Blink 182 over the next 5 years?

Champ182

Enough agonizing over Tom's EP or comic books or mind loss, no more wondering what ever happened to Mark's fake(?) side projects or Travis's showering habits, this thread is about the future. Will Matt Skiba join the band? Will Tom come to his senses once and for all? Will there be new music and tours? Will Blink 182 have a resurgence in creativity and/or popularity? Will they never play again? I wanna know what people think will happen between 2015-2020. Let's hear it!

• Like 2

Two new albums, excessive touring in U.S. and maybe Europe. After 2020 they call it quits or just tour every few years for a few shows and Tom may join them for a few shows for the final three songs. But I don't see them making albums and touring beyond 2020. Mark will end up as a full time producer and Travis wants to make Jazz music and Matt does whatever he wants.

Tom is not coming back any time in the foreseeable future. Time to move on from that thought.

I predict that Skiba joins the band this summer, they announce an album, maybe even play some more shows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They invite me on stage to play with or replace a member for a song of my choosing. I blow it. Later Mark, upset over what happened, punches Martin in the face for giving him such a stupid idea.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Skiba does not join the band permanently, although they do tour a bit over the next year or so. Quiet for the next 4 years until Tom comes to his senses, or runs out of money. When either of those 2 happen, I'm sure he'll be in contact with Mark and Travis.

This is sorta just my hope of what happens, I might be too optimistic though. But hey, I'm just gonna "follow the light" here:

2015-2016: Matt joins the band officially, and they announce that they're going to write and record late this summer and into fall. Early '16 release. That album will have a more "classic Blink" feel - energetic, happy, back to simpler sounds and structures. That will have 2 songs that are decent hits, mostly Mark on vocals, especially the first single, so people don't get too confused haha. Big tour to support the album. I think having a band/label/management all on the same page will do wonders as far as pushing singles, getting Blink into the public eye, and just seeming like a real band again. Good times to be had.

2017: After that, probably a year off of everything Blink related while Matt does Alkaline Trio.

2018: Then, another Blink album/smaller tour. This one probably won't have the same hype, I could see the popularity spark dying down again, but this album could be a weird departure like a lot of "late career" bands. No big hits, but a solid album that will have its own strange vibe.

2019: Nothing much, kinda boring times, then suddenly WHOA ON JUNE 1ST MARK TOM AND TRAVIS PLAY AN ENEMA OF THE STATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW! Bunch of new interviews come out, turns out aliens have finally returned the real Tom to Earth (OK fine, he's just somehow back to "normal"). The guys are honest to god friends again, which leads to:

2020: Blink 182 Farewell Tour. Mark, Tom, Travis, and Matt, all together for one last rad tour. Maybe they'll even play longer than 90 minutes!

• Like 2

blink-182 w/ matt skiba release one album, 2016. they tour. maybe regroup for another album. then, tom will crawl back and they'll do a big blink tour that'll be promoted as a reunion. they'll do that once every few years until they're all old.

mark will produce, maybe start a new band. and travis will be travis.

This is sorta just my hope of what happens, I might be too optimistic though. But hey, I'm just gonna "follow the light" here:

2015-2016: Matt joins the band officially, and they announce that they're going to write and record late this summer and into fall. Early '16 release. That album will have a more "classic Blink" feel - energetic, happy, back to simpler sounds and structures. That will have 2 songs that are decent hits, mostly Mark on vocals, especially the first single, so people don't get too confused haha. Big tour to support the album. I think having a band/label/management all on the same page will do wonders as far as pushing singles, getting Blink into the public eye, and just seeming like a real band again. Good times to be had.

2017: After that, probably a year off of everything Blink related while Matt does Alkaline Trio.

2018: Then, another Blink album/smaller tour. This one probably won't have the same hype, I could see the popularity spark dying down again, but this album could be a weird departure like a lot of "late career" bands. No big hits, but a solid album that will have its own strange vibe.

2019: Nothing much, kinda boring times, then suddenly WHOA ON JUNE 1ST MARK TOM AND TRAVIS PLAY AN ENEMA OF THE STATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW! Bunch of new interviews come out, turns out aliens have finally returned the real Tom to Earth (OK fine, he's just somehow back to "normal"). The guys are honest to god friends again, which leads to:

2020: Blink 182 Farewell Tour. Mark, Tom, Travis, and Matt, all together for one last rad tour. Maybe they'll even play longer than 90 minutes!

They might even change up the set list!!

Mark, Travis, Matt make a few singles together or an EP. They go on a tour. Maybe after about a year when Tom is done with his "prior commitments" they re-group and make one last album together on good terms, tour it, then Blink goes into retirement.

• Like 1