Mark Podcast Interview 5/20/15

Ghent

what on earth would it be about? if it were more on the nose it would give us all nosebleeds.

Im well aware its about suicide. I distinctly remember though when oliver was arguing that its dumb they dont play adams song cuz of dj am and he was trying to say mark said its not about suicide

i want to hear new music and everything, but it using blink 182 as a name doesn't make it blink. blink is mark and tom. they are splitting hairs. just start a new fucking band. you'll always be mark from blink 182. it's not like travis left. it's one of the 2 most important dudes, and honestly, the most important dude. blink was more tom than mark, but still the two of them.

i want to hear new music and everything, but it using blink 182 as a name doesn't make it blink. blink is mark and tom. they are splitting hairs. just start a new fucking band. you'll always be mark from blink 182. it's not like travis left. it's one of the 2 most important dudes, and honestly, the most important dude. blink was more tom than mark, but still the two of them.

You're about two months late to try to start this again.

• Like 1

i don't think so. mark (and everyone else) always said adam's song is "against suicide". so of course he can mention it in an interview as "the suicide song", but it's clearly about getting over depression and tide over suicidism.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure mark hates tom, he will never admit it publicly though so he doesn't burn that bridge. How could he not hate that guy, you know?

Yeah when they're 50-55 and need money and Poet Anderson and the movies fail and blink-182 w/Matt Skiba starts playing 4pm slots at festivals, Mark will be happy that he never said he hates Tom and vice versa. But shit, this might be a Guns N Roses thing too. Boxcar fucked it all up. Great album though.

You could go ever further and say Mark fucked it up by holding Tom back with TOYPAJ, their most forced and musically irrelevant album.

if tom wanted that record to take another direction, at least his bonus songs would have sounded differently than the rest.

Im well aware its about suicide. I distinctly remember though when oliver was arguing that its dumb they dont play adams song cuz of dj am and he was trying to say mark said its not about suicide

It is dumb. The song was written long before they knew him and has nothing to do with him.

Mark has said in the past that it is an anti suicide song when the kid from Columbine killed himself with it playing in the background.

• Like 1