Spam accounts

Yeah I've noticed they can still do that after being flagged as a spammer. Unfortunately when they get marked as a spammer all the system does is stop them from posting and sending PM's, and there's no way to have them automatically moved to the Banned group (which would disable their account completely). The only way I could have them banned automatically would also remove all of their posts and content, which we definitely don't want to do in case someone marks a legitimate user as a spammer, either accidentally or as a joke.

One idea I had is to prevent anybody from using the 'like' system until they have 50 posts, I don't think I've ever seen any spammers here get even close to that number of posts so that would surely sort them out. I should be able to use some group-trickery to do this.

The limit on likes is 24 per day.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

All you have to do is answer a question, which is "name a song off blink 182's greatest hits record". That being said, I don't know how so many get around it beyond a person creating the accounts and the accounts themselves running loose as a program.

Hey folks, I'm usually away on weekends so I haven't been able to check this out yet, I will get on to it asap.

All you have to do is answer a question, which is "name a song off blink 182's greatest hits record". That being said, I don't know how so many get around it beyond a person creating the accounts and the accounts themselves running loose as a program.

I'm fairly sure that's what's happening, someone would be creating the accounts manually then letting the bots log in and go crazy. I'll need to have a think about a better way to manage this.

• Like 1