daveyjones

hi i'm new to the boards and i'm an old blink fan.

like, older than scott raynor! i have been a fan of the band for twenty years (i first saw them in 1995) and i saw them live nearly fifty times between 1995 and 1999. for a time i was close with the band, as i took some college classes with anne hoppus.

i have show flyers, ticket stubs, interviews and clippings, hundreds and hundreds of photos, and plenty of personal stories and recollections i can contribute. i'm currently working on a massive scrapbooking project (i guess it's my midlife crisis instead of buying a sportscar?) in which i've been organizing all this stuff.

anywho if there is interest i can post some photos and i have many, many stories i can tell.

me with mark and tom in 1999:

the_boys.jpg

me at warped tour with my GF at the time in 1997. note my t-shirt:

11206468_10152982062473208_7481575222922

my GF at the time and tom had matching tattoos. she got hers first, and then he got his:

857139_10152982062428208_157187969233768

this collage hangs in my home. lots of memories:

collage.jpg

here is some other memorabilia in my home:

myroom2014.jpg

like my tapes!

tapes.jpg

and here was my college dorm room in 1996:

myroom96.jpg

my how times have changed...

blink_shirt_then_and_now.jpg

anywho i have MANY, MANY pictures i have taken. just let me know the right place for the threads.

cheers,

daveyjones

• Like 18

Why has it taken you this long to sign up here!? Welcome aboard dude. Seems like you know your blink.

• Like 1

Why has it taken you this long to sign up here!? Welcome aboard dude. Seems like you know your blink.

i just saw the band for the first time since 2000 in OC with matt skibba this year. and then i started in on this scrapbooking project, and then i ran into this site googling around.

• Like 1

That is beyond awesome, Cheers for posting all those pics!

Great collection too, whats the story behind the Flyswatter cassette, did you receive it from the guys?

That is beyond awesome, Cheers for posting all those pics!

Great collection too, whats the story behind the Flyswatter cassette, did you receive it from the guys?

i was given flyswatter and demo #2 by kerry key. i bought buddha at a show.

• Like 1

would you mind posting a cheeky pic of the demo 2 cassette?

it's just a blank cassette. demo #2 never had any artwork. anything you might have seen online (especially that ridiculous typewritten thing) is fake.

• Like 2

You found the right community, man, and seem really cool. Stick around, and like Speedo said venture outside of the blink section because Free For all, entertainment and other bands will definitely lead you to making yourself some really close, lifelong friends. 

Welcome to the forum! Seeing as how you're such an old school fan, how do you feel about blink moving forward with Skiba? What did you think of Neighborhoods and DED and the reunion in general? How do you feel about what Tom is doing now and his transformation?

Welcome to the forum! Seeing as how you're such an old school fan, how do you feel about blink moving forward with Skiba? What did you think of Neighborhoods and DED and the reunion in general? How do you feel about what Tom is doing now and his transformation?

i love alkaline, so sounds good.

neighborhoods was better than self-titled, imo.

dogs eating dogs was meh.

i thought boxcar was meh, i liked the +44 record quite a bit, and AvA is just so, so weak and pretentious.

they were done for me when travis joined so all my opinions are sort of moot. but it was fun to see them play with skiba after 15 years.

• Like 1