daveyjones

i'm daveyjones, Ask Me Anything.

so i was on vacation at disneyland. now i'm back. i thought i'd snap a pic by the cheshire cat who lives there in fantasyland (next to the bathrooms...how appropriate), wearing one of my original blink shirts. i'm daveyjones, Ask Me Anything.

blink_AMA_750x_blink182_online.jpg

• Like 7

Whats your favourite blink moment?

we practically wept when dammit premiered on 120 minutes. it was so...unreal.

but i was asked by mark to be an extra in the josie video. that's probably my number one. i got to be in a video.

i have many, many, more personal moments than that, but i'd rather dole them out slowly.

• Like 2

Was there a point in time, before enema, that you thought "fuck this band is gonna be huge"?  Or were they always just some good local band?  I mean obviously when dammit got big, but besides the obvious

Also interested in how they were really perceived back in the tiny show days. Did they get lucky with a good local following, did people really think they were gonna be huge? What moment made you think "this is it." I'd assume Dammit, but you seem to really like even earlier work

Was there a point in time, before enema, that you thought "fuck this band is gonna be huge"?  Or were they always just some good local band?  I mean obviously when dammit got big, but besides the obvious

it was obvious when they signed to MCA, and dammit was played by KROQ every five minutes.

Also interested in how they were really perceived back in the tiny show days. Did they get lucky with a good local following, did people really think they were gonna be huge? What moment made you think "this is it." I'd assume Dammit, but you seem to really like even earlier work

they drew such large general admission crowds in 1996 throughout southern california, that it was obvious they were going to be a big band. i know it sounds "tiny" in retrospect, but i saw them play to similar sized halls as most other punk bands of the era; bad religion, pennywise, nofx, etc etc.

Tom is a butt guy. For sure

@00:25

"That's the hardest question I've ever had been asked in my life. I don't have an answer for that"

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORE7Xz1TRyE

• Like 2

Don't annoy him he won't come back then ask worthwhile shit haha.

Since blink has re entered your life, can you see yourself attending a nearby show if they do infact tour again. Wether that be with skiba or delonge.

i saw them play with skiba at musink. first time since 2000.

that and cheshire cat's twentieth anniversary is what got me in the mood to dig through all this shit.

Can you shed some light on the "Untitled Second Demo" after Flyswatter? Do you know the names of some of the "untitled" songs on it? Do you know anything about the Enema demos leaking out? 

can you describe the dynamic between mark and tom when they were together? Obviously they were close, but how did they play off each other, how was their energy, etc. 

Can you shed some light on the "Untitled Second Demo" after Flyswatter? Do you know the names of some of the "untitled" songs on it? Do you know anything about the Enema demos leaking out? 

demo #2?

1. "Marlboro Man"

2. "Time"

3. "TV"

4. "Degenerate"

5. "Untitled" **

6. "Better Days" **

7. "Sometimes"

8. "Romeo & Rebecca"

9. "Point Of View"

10. "My Pet Sally"

11. "Reebok Commercial"

12. "Untitled" **

** This track is unique to this release.

Tracks 1, 2, 9 and 11 first appeared on Flyswatter.

Tracks 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 also later appear on Buddha.

the untitled are just that, as far as i know.

i will be uploading my lossless rip from my first generation source cassette to this site in the near future. watch for it.

i don't know anything about the enema demos leak.

can you describe the dynamic between mark and tom when they were together? Obviously they were close, but how did they play off each other, how was their energy, etc. 

they were the best of friends, and their banter onstage was genuine. when i finally listened to the 2000 live album, i was sort of taken aback. it was very forced, very played, very artificial. it had become "an act." it didn't used to be that way. tom said it best in 1995: "fuck, dude, our humor's so stupid."