Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

Per Mark post on blink collectors board!

Mark Hoppus: travis, matt, and i are heading into the studio to continue writing songs in the next few days. there are already a couple of ideas working from before i left for the summer. lots more to come in the future. it may take some time, but it begins now.

• Like 5

I guess August wasn't a lie after all.  i feel bad for having doubted that.

This is great.  I truly can not wait to hear a blink album with Matt doing his thing instead of Tom.  It could be a disappointment, but it could turn out to be the best thing that ever came from blink-182, point is, I can't wait, the thought of a blink where all the members are on board and care makes me feel like 2003/2004 again.

Never say never, nothing is impossible.  Blink with Skiba could turn out to be the best thing to ever happen to this band, we just don't know yet.  As such, keep an open mind, and just try to judge new music fairly.  I know there will be "fans" that go in ready to hate the new lineup and ready to say the new music is worse without Tom regardless of whether or not that is actually the truth.

^or AVA for that matter right?

It might be on par with either Love album but it will never be as good as AVA at it's peak, WDNTW and I-Empire, I do think the latest EP could be Tom's finest work EVER though. 

Never say never, nothing is impossible.  Blink with Skiba could turn out to be the best thing to ever happen to this band, we just don't know yet.  As such, keep an open mind, and just try to judge new music fairly.  I know there will be "fans" that go in ready to hate the new lineup and ready to say the new music is worse without Tom regardless of whether or not that is actually the truth.

One announcement of entering studios to try out some song ideas and saying it could already be the best music this band has EVER released.

...and you should feel bad for doubting them Mike, you're Alkaline 44's biggest fan (apart from maybe Ghent)

Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1

So why cant mark say that on twitter. Why does he have to announce it on some obscure fb group that barely anyone knows of

Because he is scared he will let down the fans yet again, if he tells less people on a non public domain it doesn't look as bad when nothing comes of it and we're still waiting for new blink material in 2017. 

One announcement of entering studios to try out some song ideas and saying it could already be the best music this band has EVER released.

...and you should feel bad for doubting them Mike, you're Alkaline 44's biggest fan (apart from maybe Ghent)

Jesus Christ. 

You are failing to understand where I'm coming from.  Any album that any band has not yet released has the potential to be that band's best music yet.  That's just a fact of reality.  This has nothing to do with the announcement of entering the studios, and it has everything to do with keeping an open mind.  To say immediately that this music will never be as good as it was with Tom, instantly makes you less likely to enjoy the music even if it turns out to be fantastic.  Where as to go in thinking, hey this could be even better (Which it could, we simply do not know yet as there has been no new content yet created), then if you recognize that the music is indeed good, you may well end up liking it as much as you should with an open mind.

I mean its no mystery that you're going to hear the new music and no matter what say, "blink is dead, died when Tom left, this is ok, but it's no blink" or some such nonsense, even if its somehow better than blink's self titled album.  

I think it's good that there isn't a 'large' announcement, because he said 'august' and people freaked the fuck out because Travis said 'end of the year', so at least this way only the more hardened fans know and not say the terrifying tweens of twitter and instagram. 

but that's just my thoughts. 

Im excited, but not expecting miracles. I think it might be a pretty cool album, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1