Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

13 hours ago, Kevin. said:

you're right. why would i go to school for a technical job that's high in demand, brings in hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, and is part of an industry that still makes billions of dollars/is hardly affected by piracy? i should have earned my keyboard degree instead so i could play with tom delonge's band that doesn't tour or make any money.

the fact that you tried using that as an insult is hilarious. might as well have said, "coming from a guy who got a job in the film industry before he even completed his degree." 

Yeah because coing to college to do something you love doing is so stupid.....

1 hour ago, Who Else But said:

I'm only thinking to myself, do I get involved in this argument or do I stay out?

My only input is this: you don't have to pick the career choice that you absolutely love. For example, I decided to major in computer science for the money, and I only have a decent (not great) interest in it. I don't want my job to define my lifestyle. I want whatever I spend the money on to define my lifestyle.

Same here fellow comp sci major with the same thoughts.

40 minutes ago, Who Else But said:

I like you. We'll be pretty successful with a degree like that. And on top of that, having social skills will give us an edge over 99% of the other people with that degree.

Yea true I'm at a pretty well known liberal arts school though versus an engineering school so the majority of the people in my major are actually normal and sociable and competitive so I feel like I don't have an accurate representation of what the field is actually going to be like.

I have an English degree because it was the easiest choice for me, I was really good at writing, and it gives me that gatekeeper college degree that I need for most jobs. Now holding a successful position in a completely unrelated field. You can do whatever you want with any degree unless it's a specialized one that you should have been working to become proficient in and just never did, like an instrument or literal art. Your degree won't make you smart or talented.

• Like 1

lol yeah, you can go to college for pretty much free if you go about it right. god damn you guys obsess over criticizing America.

You could probably search through all 20,000 whatever of my posts before you'd ever hear my say "omg Australia is such a joke. omgzzz what are they doing in england." I read this shit every day from you guys. It can be about basically anything.

Hard to rip on the most livable city ;)

That's the way it should be, here we offer heaps of scholarships but also the ability to pay your fee's off once you start earning a decent salary and even then its a small chunk out every week, I was at school for 5 years doing a pretty costly degree and it was still only 30k paid over my working career earning over 56k a year.

My bachelors cost me like $20k, but my masters I actually got paid for. Had I chosen a smaller, less reputable school I could have went for free. My wife got paid to get her B.A. because her family had less money

Health insurance broker. People blame me for not paying attention to their network and charges for the past year, AND bitch at me for the cost of premiums that go up every new quarter I quote and the lowered quality of plans available for the price they want.

Jack of all trades. Customer service, marketing, quoting and enrollments, sometimes I hate my life but I like to learn and I kind of enjoy getting bitched at some days. I feel no personal responsibility for it (and I'm not responsible for it), so I think it helps me become less of a doormat.