Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

I would guess that some tracks being laid down now will end up on the final album. I'd also say they're focusing on one song at a time, but then jumping back to new ideas/ demoing when they get bored or frustrated. Then once they have enough songs put down, they'll run back though each to finish the arrangements and add/ remove any instrumental or vocal tracks before they send them off for mixing. This is pretty speculative just going off the little they've said about the recording process.

It's exciting how much work they seem to be putting into the album. Also, the fact that Mark seems to have a bunch of ideas saved up and recorded and that Matt was bringing ideas to the initial rehearsals makes it even more promising. One of the problems with Neighborhoods is that they seemingly released just about all the material they had and had little say in vetoing each others' songs. For an album to be great, they need to shit out as many ideas and songs as possible and then cut it down to the 12-14 that make the most sense for the album. I think that's what we're gonna get. 

I really think that they are all finally in a place where they can 1) be totally honest with themselves and each other, 2) have fun and actually want to be in the studio and put a lot of time in it, and 3) really have something to prove.

• Like 1