Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

I like alk3, but I really don't want blink to start sounding much like alk3. I'm hoping Matt changes shit up for this - I assume he would, its a different beast after all, working with different people, you'd imagine the outcome would be different. still worries me a little though.

• Like 2

I agree with that. It would be a total non sense. For what Fledman has told in some intrview (which was posted here), one of his roles was just that: prevent blink to sound like AK3. I'm pretty confident with what they have achieved. The album will speak by itself, but I think they have done a great job. We'll see.

• Like 1

I like a bit of alkaline trio.  The songs i like, i really like, but i also find them really bland sometimes which i never think about blink.  I also only like about half of the +44 songs.  Im hoping i like this album but i wouldnt be surprised if i only like about half.

• Like 2

I'm not a huge trio fan, but I've always appreciated Skiba's voice in the band.  It's a really cool, unique, and quality sounding voice, that I think could work really well in blink.  But trio had their own unique style, so while I never became a big fan of the band (though I do love a handful of their songs a whole lot), I always could see and appreciate the audience the music was written for.  I guess I'd be concerned about if Skiba could work in the band if we didn't have those live shows and if everything about making this album didn't look or sound as positive as it all has.

• Like 1

I definitely like some of their songs, and I like some of his solo work. I'm mainly just not a fan of the emo goth thing they were doing back when I was in high school. Found a lot of it boring.

I'm hoping and assuming they will strike a balance on this new album that is a completely new thing for all of them. I don't want it to sound like blink mixed with Alkaline Trio, I want it to stand on its own merits as something unique to the three of them.

• Like 1

On 13 March 2016 at 8:05 PM, DS95 said:

I do like the guitar tone on Babylon/Kuts, but don't really think it'd fit well with Blink. I was curious as I can only think of two Trio songs with any lead in them (Sadie + Midnight Blue) and was pleasantly surprised to see Matt shredding M + M's last Feb as I thought it was well out of his capabilities (I think he mentioned in an interview he couldn't care less for lead parts, scales, solos etc.)

In all honest Matt didn't do well with M+M's he played the main notes ... He wasn't doing the correct hammers and pull offs, but fair play to him as he hadn't played the sounds before